xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
13-15 against above .500 teams...

while they are 29-2 against sub .500 teams

Does anybody honestly think this team will get past the 2nd round of the playoffs?

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never hate them rated that high anyways I follow the Celtics and we have comfortably taken care of the Heat the times we faced them so far

L

LLCoolSway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well first off I am a Bulls fan (Rose for MVP) but I not only watched the Heat blow that lead in the 2nd half against them but also against the Knicks last night. They lack the ability to close out games, which LeBron was never known for in Cleveland. Besides looking incredibly flat offensively in the 2nd half against the Knicks they blew it when more experienced Chauncey Billups took control of the game in the last 2 min on there home floor.

Also Mike Bibby was bought out by the Wizards today and will enter the waivers on Wednesday so Miami could potentially pick him up. So I'm gonna say that would increase there chances of making it past the 2nd round

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to get past the 2nd round your going to have to beat the knicks, celtics or magic

none of which they can beat

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont necessarily think they are over rated...simply because i never had them rated very high to begin with.

they are however a team to be reckoned with...a team that the C's, Magic, and now Knicks could potentially lose to.

dont get me wrong..i hate the heat with a burning passion..but they could definately beat one of the top teams in the playoffs given the talent they have.

Sidenote: anybody see knicks vs heat last night?? dwayne wade wide open for the game winner but LeBron decided to bomb one up instead. kinda selfish there

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what do you ****** expect from lechoke? hes the most selfish player in the league

and no they wont though, bc there 0-3 against the celtics already, no proven playoff winners (besides wade, who couldnt win w/out shaq) and they never beat anybody any good...they wont have the cavs to beat up on come playoff time

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They can't be dismissed in my opinion. The kind of talent they have rises to the occassion in short playoff series. I think the addition of Bibby will be positive. Nevertheless, I do not like the Heat. It would be nice to see them fall on their faces.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you ****** expect from lechoke? hes the most selfish player in the league

i dont need to read anything passed this...

i'm probably the biggest lebron hater on planet earth...but even i wouldn make such a statement...come on dude really??

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how can you say that isnt true? after what he did to cleveland...I dont mean on the court as much as in life, i see now how that could of been taken in the wrong way...but when the games on the line, lebron always chokes...game 5 against the celtics, nuff said

edit: I know he's averaging like 7+ assists every season, I meant his personality off the court

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha ok ...well that clears up alot...but still even in life off the court he is no way whatsoever the most selfish player in the league lol come on...

what he did to cleveland was shitty..but...cant blame he...he wanted to chase after a championship

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with lebron and wade how can you be overrated. both pretty much able to take over a game at any point. playoffs this year are gonna be so good.

anyway D ROSE 4 MVP :)

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
D rose is havin a very good season.

See his highlight on sportscenter tonight? between the legs pass? nasty!!

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We just got Troy Murphy at Boston over Miami so I think they'll have to get Bibby now to have any chance

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Miami turned into title contenders in one offseason by adding Lebron and Bosh. They still need more frontcourt help to get out of the East, but like a previous poster mentioned, it could realistically happen at any time that Wade or Lebron will explode. If they can cure their 4th quarter troubles, they can beat anyone. Personally I'm rooting for them to fall flat on their faces, and it would be gold to have the Knicks beat them in the playoffs.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course they are overrated, and the worst thing is than some people wanna give Lebron the MVP, They will not pass the 2nd round, you can take it to the bank!!

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drose should be MVP...13-15 against .500 or better teams, they are one of the most overrated teams ever

they literally dont beat anybody, they just get slapped around by good teams

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spurs beat the Heat 125-95 last night....total domination...when you have a guy like Duncan saying "GAME OVER" since the second quarter....IT'S GAME OVER.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cold Heat

Yeah, they started this loser streak just in time to kill my 3 game parlay. Couldn't even win at home on the money line. We're just finding out that they're human. Once they figure this jinx out, they'll know what their 'kryptonite' is and become stronger for it. Not sure if this year is salvagable, maybe.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still think they are legit title contenders, but the big question for them is who is going to step up from besides wade, lebron, and bosh. If any of them has a bad game, they almost always seem to find a way to lose against strong teams.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and they blow it again today, falling to 13-18 against .500 teams or better....continuing to prove my point

jho, they dont have anyone else to step up though, thats their problem

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night they lost against the Bulls, and they CRIED in the locker room. hahaha in March they are crying.... can you even think what's going to happen when they lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs?
:damnmate:

L

LLCoolSway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it. I understand why they continuously run the last play with LeBrick in charge but it is clearly not working. I think James is just trying to prove he is capable of closing but did you see that stat, 1-14 FG in last 10 seconds of game or OT when shooting tying shot or game-winner, which is now 1-16.

Still can't believe Spoelstra sold out his team like that either. If he was trying to get somebody to feel bad for them I think it really backfired. Isn't everyone outside of Miami just laughing?

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night they lost against the Bulls, and they CRIED in the locker room. hahaha in March they are crying.... can you even think what's going to happen when they lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs?
:damnmate:

If that's true that is priceless. I don't feel bad for them, they were so arrogant in the preseason. I still don't think you can win a title with Bosh as your best big man when you factor in the Lakers and Magic. Bosh is SOFT! But I still see Wade and Lebron as 2 of the best 5 players in the league, so it still strikes me as crazy that they are having this hard a time.

But I also remember that when Wade and Lebron had their most success, Wade had (decently healthy Shaq + Alonzo) and Lebron had Varejao. Those big men are way better defensively than Bosh and fit in better with alpha dog scorers.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, im a cavs fan (obv seeing as i started this thread) but i will tell you that Varejao cannot play defense. His defensive skills are so overrated its unbelieveable. The man plays like his feet are nailed to the floor, no lateral movement whatsoever. That said, his paint defense is solid, but teams realized if you bring him out of his 3 foot zone, he's easily exploitable

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Boston all the way!!! Yeah that's right!!!

The Heat is to hot on Miami that's why they evaporating, I give them two years then they may be the team to beat. Right now they're like a kids' 1st bike; the training wheels are still on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!