• Poll closed .
S

SirFoldaLot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EPIC FAIL!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Epic fail? Maradona led argentina to the quarter-finals of the World Cup playing attractive football and thumping mexico 3-1. At one stage they were tipped to win the trophy.

Then they got turned over by germany who out-thought and outplayed them.

So not an excellent management performance but a pretty good one.

You obviously have higher standards than me - or you just don't know what you're on about (more likely).

;)

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact that neither Cambiasso nor Zanetti was even in the squad after being an integral part of a treble winning side was a pretty huge fail on Maradona's part

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a shame he's not the manager anymore though, he was at least very entertaining :D

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Epic fail? Maradona led Argentina to the quarter-finals of the World Cup playing attractive football and thumping Mexico 3-1. At one stage they were tipped to win the trophy.

Then they got turned over by Germany who out-thought and outplayed them.

So not an excellent management performance but a pretty good one.

You obviously have higher standards than me - or you just don't know what you're on about (more likely).

;)

The fact that neither Cambiasso nor Zanetti was even in the squad after being an integral part of a treble winning side was a pretty huge fail on Maradona's part

Now that's a fair point.

No seriously man! How much do you know about football?More likely I don't know what I'm talking about? You're way off here pal!YOU're probably that guy! I never miss any football match, Champions, clasico, bundes you name it...

Maradonna was an awful manager, the only "experience" that worked was making messi playmaker instead of finisher. Other than that, he discarded Zanetti and cambiasso, had a pretty weak defense, took sergio romero as a Goalkeeper?That guy has no idea what he's doing on the field, he complained he couldn't concentrate because of the sound of vuvuzelas?Everyone did but played their best...Oscar Ustari was a way better goalkeeper in 2006 and would've made a fine choice! And the biggest leak that maradonna had was his midfield my god the midfield! Why do you think that the germans ruled them in that match?They had much better control of the ball and they dominated them!Their first real challenge and it was a crushing defeat!The only reason Maradonna was chosen as a manager (and might still be) is because of the fighting spirit he engendered!No coach-player relationship!But rather a feel free my players do what you want and I (the legend) want you to win approach<--with minimal thoughtful tactics...Now that's why Maradonna FAILED!

I actually like both brazil and Argentina (though I know they hate each other).But you sir have no idea what a good manager should be like! In this world cup, the "dirty" Joachim Lowe did a very good job (even though I hate Germany), and so did Guus Hiddink who led Holland to victory against Dunga (Who wasn't bad but could've been a whole lot better seeing what he did during the coppa america). In the future I would refrain from prejudicing people without further information because not only is it wrong, but it also makes you look ridiculous!That's a real advice so no hard feelings ok ;)?

S

SirFoldaLot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ridiculous

I think you're the ridiculous one pal. Holland's manager in the World Cup was Bert van Marwjik, not Hiddink who coached Russia and is now taking over at Turkey.

Come back to this thread when your brain grows another cell - thereby doubling its size.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No seriously man! How much do you know about football?More likely I don't know what I'm talking about? You're way off here pal!YOU're probably that guy! I never miss any football match, Champions, clasico, bundes you name it...

Maradonna was an awful manager, the only "experience" that worked was making messi playmaker instead of finisher. Other than that, he discarded Zanetti and cambiasso, had a pretty weak defense, took sergio romero as a Goalkeeper?That guy has no idea what he's doing on the field, he complained he couldn't concentrate because of the sound of vuvuzelas?Everyone did but played their best...Oscar Ustari was a way better goalkeeper in 2006 and would've made a fine choice! And the biggest leak that maradonna had was his midfield my god the midfield! Why do you think that the germans ruled them in that match?They had much better control of the ball and they dominated them!Their first real challenge and it was a crushing defeat!The only reason Maradonna was chosen as a manager (and might still be) is because of the fighting spirit he engendered!No coach-player relationship!But rather a feel free my players do what you want and I (the legend) want you to win approach<--with minimal thoughtful tactics...Now that's why Maradonna FAILED!

I actually like both Brazil and Argentina (though I know they hate each other).But you sir have no idea what a good manager should be like! In this world cup, the "dirty" Joachim Lowe did a very good job (even though I hate Germany), and so did Guus Hiddink who led Holland to victory against Dunga (Who wasn't bad but could've been a whole lot better seeing what he did during the coppa america). In the future I would refrain from prejudicing people without further information because not only is it wrong, but it also makes you look ridiculous!That's a real advice so no hard feelings ok ;)?

To be fair to Maradona, there was a rather strong suggestion (one that I'd be inclined to believe) that his role was pretty much limited to a motivational one, with his assistants providing the tactical instruction.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zidane for me.

Pele?, i don´t know it was other times from the ball to game was so different.

Maradona?, i guess it depends, a baseball player in steroids still can be the best player?, of course Maradona don´t use steroids but not really sure how "clean" at those times he was.

Messi, way overvaluaded player.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zidane for me.

Pele?, i don´t know it was other times from the ball to game was so different.

Maradona?, i guess it depends, a baseball player in steroids still can be the best player?, of course Maradona don´t use steroids but not really sure how "clean" at those times he was.

Messi, way overvaluaded player.

My mind cannot comprehend the wrongness of this post, to the point where I'm using a word that doesn't exist

Pele was evidently an incredible player, just look at his World Cup record. If you're suggesting that his reputation is somewhat dimished by him not playing in Europe then in some respects I agree

Your Maradona analogy is evidently rediculous because you compare him to a bballer on steriods then accept he didn't take PEDs

Explain how Messi is an overvauled player. He is clearly already one of the most talented players who has ever lived and he's only just turned 23

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mind cannot comprehend the wrongness of this post, to the point where I'm using a word that doesn't exist

Pele was evidently an incredible player, just look at his World Cup record. If you're suggesting that his reputation is somewhat dimished by him not playing in Europe then in some respects I agree

Your Maradona analogy is evidently rediculous because you compare him to a bballer on steriods then accept he didn't take PEDs

Explain how Messi is an overvauled player. He is clearly already one of the most talented players who has ever lived and he's only just turned 23
Do you see Messi playing in World Cup?, do you see him playing 4 years back in Germany World Cup?, you say It, is a talented player that is long way to be the best player of the world, don´t saying is not a good player im saying is overrated, he play in the best team of the world, but difference from any other amazing players is that any of the others can be a star in any team any where, not that sure that Messi can be that in other teams that don´t have the level of his actual team, take him out of barcelona and put him in a regular team and then we could know he is the great, so far, outside of barcelona only see him in world cup, where he not make any score, not even look it that good.

About Maradona, yep i say he don´t take steroids, i don´t say he don´t do drugs;)

I can´t say Pele was the best because is way back in time, Football was not the same like is now, just look any video the guy was good like any normal now, game was not that fast not that fight like is now, but for his time, yes was a hell of player.

Last edited:
O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you see Messi playing in World Cup?, do you see him playing 4 years back in Germany World Cup?, you say It, is a talented player that is way beyond to be the best player of the world, don´t saying is not a good player im saying is overrated, he play in the best team of the world, but difference from any other amazing players is that any of the others can be a star in any team any where, not that sure that Messi can be that in other teams that don´t have the level of his actual team, take him out of barcelona and put him in a regular team and then we could know he is the great, so far, outside of barcelona only see him in world cup, where he not make any score, not even look it that good.

About Maradona, yep i say he don´t take steroids, i don´t say he don´t do drugs;)

When have amazing players ever played in average teams lol? Great players are part of great teams. You say Zidane is the greatest who ever played, yet he always played in phenomenal teams. Juve, Real, the france of '98 and '00. Please, if you can give me an example of a player who is regarded as one of the best who ever lived while playing in an average side then fine, I guess your point is somewhat valid, but I honestly doubt you'll be able to

In some aspects, I agree that Messi needs a great World Cup to be regarded as one of the greats, but the time when one player can dominate a tournament and win it single handedly is gone. Players, teams and most importantly tactics have evolved to the point where it simply isn't possible for one player to do it alone

On Maradona, yeah fair enough, but my question stands, I don't why him taking cocaine takes anything away from his status as one of the greats

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When have amazing players ever played in average teams lol? Great players are part of great teams. You say Zidane is the greatest who ever played, yet he always played in phenomenal teams. Juve, Real, the France of '98 and '00. Please, if you can give me an example of a player who is regarded as one of the best who ever lived while playing in an average side then fine, I guess your point is somewhat valid, but I honestly doubt you'll be able to

In some aspects, I agree that Messi needs a great World Cup to be regarded as one of the greats, but the time when one player can dominate a tournament and win it single handedly is gone. Players, teams and most importantly tactics have evolved to the point where it simply isn't possible for one player to do it alone

On Maradona, yeah fair enough, but my question stands, I don't why him taking cocaine takes anything away from his status as one of the greats

Do you See Farlan?, the guy was not in the best team (lets faced Uruguay make it that far only because his team was in a very weak group and rounds), do you see Donovan?, both have average teams if compare with the big ones and still find the way to shine because are really great players, Messi was just a dark shadow from what he show in his team and even when was not well lead still don´t see any spark.

Now, don´t get me wrong, Messi COULD be the great player of all time, but at this momment i don´t think he is.

About Maradona, steroids give you more power to hit the ball, cocaine make you inmune to any fight in field, adrenaline run faster, just make you a better player that is not natural, that´s why i compare to steroids and comment that if you think a ball player in stereoids is fair to be the best player then i guess is the same for Maradona.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please, if you can give me an example of a player who is regarded as one of the best who ever lived while playing in an average side then fine, I guess your point is somewhat valid, but I honestly doubt you'll be able to

Do you See Farlan?, the guy was not in the best team (lets faced Uruguay make it that far only because his team was in a very weak group and rounds), do you see Donovan?

Try again

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're the ridiculous one pal. Holland's manager in the World Cup was Bert van Marwjik, not Hiddink who coached Russia and is now taking over at Turkey.

Big deal!I mistyped a name!This is what happens when you actually have some culture in your brain nitwit!
Read all of the post before posting next time and try to take the good out of it,not scourge the post for a mistype so you wouldn't feel as an uneducated amoeba (which you are...)

mars_attack

mars_attack

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pele and Maradone are the best of their period although I personnally think that the Pele has the edge as dexon mentionned.

Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima should have been mentionned in the voting at leat. He is the best striker for the past decade.

I personnally voted Zidane. He is a great playmaker, perfect technique and an elefant player to watch.

SlySwagga

SlySwagga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. marado
2.pele
3.messi
4.zidane
5.CR7

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pele and Maradone are the best of their period although I personnally think that the Pele has the edge as dexon mentionned.

Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima should have been mentionned in the voting at leat. He is the best striker for the past decade.

I personnally voted Zidane. He is a great playmaker, perfect technique and an elefant player to watch.

HAHA!That's the dog from the partypoker ad no :D?