5.Zidane
PLAYER Of the century ???:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

C

conejoAe7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Maradona is the best player of all time, because their football was a poem on the court, and even ran as nobody gave him a thousand hits on every play, he continued and never stopped. :D

dexon303

dexon303

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion:

The technique and football knowledge and Pelé and Maradona is equally, there really are no two of them no advantage. However, it should be about some things:

1st As far as Pele was the outstanding player in the national team has always had superb teammates. The generation of '58 .- '62. Didi, Vava, Garincha, and the generation of '70. (By Brazilians as their best team to date) to have been Milton Santos, Djalma Santos, Jairzinho, Rivelinho (who is even said that Maradona was the best player he had ever seen). On the other hand, Maradona in the team for sigurače had "miners", he was the only top connoisseur and the rest were his "drawers of water" (Buruchaga, Valdano, Clausen - all solid players, but far from class Brazilians mentioned). So Peleov success is partly attributable to his teammates and a Maradonin success is undoubtedly just, and only its merit.

2nd Pele was his entire club career he played only in Santos (brazil) and Cosmos (USA), then away from the eyes of European and world public, and possibly some of its weaker parties were not so well known. Maradona played in Europe, and his best years he spent in Italy (Napoli), then najtvrđoj league in the world, and again in more or less unknown club - indeed, teammates were solid (Careca, Alemao) - where he again proved as large and led Napoli to the only two titles in history. On the other hand, many say that Napoli has little regard to potential players.

3rd Pele and Maradona were different types of players - Pele was more "one-dimensional, focused only on offense and just, just at the goal, while Maradona was the true" multidimensional "player, then covered the whole field, he received the ball from the defense, lied chances for their attackers .... So, in an imaginary team would be (theoretically) room for both.

4th Pele was a true athlete, set a trained, live sporting life, while Maradona was "jebivjetar" problems with the mafia, cocaine - it indicates the character of the player, access to football which is at Pelea was much more serious and more regular. That is why Maradona and burned in the 30 th while Pele played their best match in the 33-th year.

I personally vote for Pelea

ItsMe

ItsMe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zinedine was the most skillful player that I have ever seen.

pele was before my time but remarkable.

Messi is reasonably good and i look forward to seeing him play.

ronaldo massively overhyped.

Maradona is a cheat.

aloneboy_uae

aloneboy_uae

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
messi , maradona, cronaldo all are out of the world cup :( so sad for all of them :(

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to through a odd ball out there.

Ronaldo(the Brazilian, not the Portuguess lingerie model/diving bitch).

2 WC titles.

3times FIFA World player of the year.

Highest ever WC scorer.

A CV that includes, Barcelona,Real Madrid,Ac Millan,Inter and PSV Eindoven.

0.7 goal scoring record.

Won pretty much every thing there is to win in club football.

Is the joined top ever scorer in La Liga in a single season(with messi) and he did it at the age of 19.

And he did it all despite a carrier plagued by injurys,fitness issues and seizures.
Not saying he should be ranked ahead of Maradona/Pele but probably ahead of Crynaldo.

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe there is not a reliable gauge to confront them each other, they are the best in there ages.

aloneboy_uae

aloneboy_uae

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
crynaldo

2 WC titles.

Highest ever WC scorer.

0.7 goal scoring record.

Is the joined top ever scorer in La Liga in a single season(with messi) and he did it at the age of 19.

And he did it all despite a carrier plagued by injurys,fitness issues and seizures.
Not saying he should be ranked ahead of Maradona/Pele but probably ahead of Crynaldo.

lingerie model looooooooooooooooooooooool
crynaldo loooooooooooooooooooooool

i dont like him tooo..he is such a selfish player hehehee

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By far Pele is the greatest football player of all time.;)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that Ronaldo (not the lingerie model) was a great player.

Such a shame he got so badly injured when he did.

He truly had the world at his feet and could have reached the level of Pele and Maradona but we will never know.

He still has some outstanding achievements as S93 mentioned.

I would put Maradona ever so slightly ahead of Pele and the others don't even get close.

I think Messi has the potential to reach their level one day too.

I may be wrong but I think Crynaldo has peaked already.

Zidane was a brilliant player but he will be mostly remembered for a certain head-butting incident in the World Cup final of 2006.

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion:

The technique and football knowledge and Pelé and Maradona is equally, there really are no two of them no advantage. However, it should be about some things:

1st As far as Pele was the outstanding player in the national team has always had superb teammates. The generation of '58 .- '62. Didi, Vava, Garincha, and the generation of '70. (By Brazilians as their best team to date) to have been Milton Santos, Djalma Santos, Jairzinho, Rivelinho (who is even said that Maradona was the best player he had ever seen). On the other hand, Maradona in the team for sigurače had "miners", he was the only top connoisseur and the rest were his "drawers of water" (Buruchaga, Valdano, Clausen - all solid players, but far from class Brazilians mentioned). So Peleov success is partly attributable to his teammates and a Maradonin success is undoubtedly just, and only its merit.

2nd Pele was his entire club career he played only in Santos (Brazil) and Cosmos (USA), then away from the eyes of European and world public, and possibly some of its weaker parties were not so well known. Maradona played in Europe, and his best years he spent in Italy (Napoli), then najtvrđoj league in the world, and again in more or less unknown club - indeed, teammates were solid (Careca, Alemao) - where he again proved as large and led Napoli to the only two titles in history. On the other hand, many say that Napoli has little regard to potential players.

3rd Pele and Maradona were different types of players - Pele was more "one-dimensional, focused only on offense and just, just at the goal, while Maradona was the true" multidimensional "player, then covered the whole field, he received the ball from the defense, lied chances for their attackers .... So, in an imaginary team would be (theoretically) room for both.

4th Pele was a true athlete, set a trained, live sporting life, while Maradona was "jebivjetar" problems with the mafia, cocaine - it indicates the character of the player, access to football which is at Pelea was much more serious and more regular. That is why Maradona and burned in the 30 th while Pele played their best match in the 33-th year.

I personally vote for Pelea

+1! on your very nice post!
And I should add that messi and christiano ronaldo can't even compare in any way! However Zidane truly was a living legend and he's 2nd after them...for christ's sake he almost won 2 world cup for france and look what happened when he left :p...:hello:

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

2 WC titles.

Highest ever WC scorer.

0.7 goal scoring record.

On a side note the real ronaldo is the only one that I think can be compared to pele and maradonna...just as you stated he might have been even better if the mafia didn't break him so hard again and again!

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, the braqzilian ronaldo should be in the same bracket as pele/maradona as he is arguablyt the best forward of the last 20 years as S93 pointed out

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is Pele. He had everything as a footballer - great skill with his feet, very strong with his head, good physical strength, a natural goalscorer but also a creator of goals for others with his vision, and a great football imagination - to try things that others had never tried before - like his step-over in the 1970 semi vs Uruguay and his shot vs Czeckoslovakia from his own half.

He was also a great sportsman on the field and a fantastic ambassador for the sport and for his country off the field.

Maradonna. Great skill on the ball - maybe a better runner with the ball than Pele. Strong as a horse. Not a proficient header of the ball - that is a minus. Great goalscorer but not in the same league as Pele in that category. Did not have the same vision as Pele and not the creative genius either. Sportsman and ambassador - not so much.

You can say that Pele only played in South America, but don't forget that South America has produced a host of World Club Champions against Europe's best so do not under-estimate the quality of that football. Also, If Brazil's home football was of a lower standard than Europe, why did Brazil win 3 out of 4 world cups from 1958-1970?

Pele head and shoulders for me.....but if you want to add more names don't forget Cruyff or Platini.

aloneboy_uae

aloneboy_uae

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have change the thread you can vote now............ thanks guys.....and i have added new players 2

S

SirFoldaLot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has to be Pele - he was a revelation at the time and influenced a whole generation of players with his great invention and vision.

But Maradona runs him very close. A flawed genius and someone who could take a game by the scruff of the neck and change it with a moment of magic.

Zidane is the best from the last 10 years or so. The game is so much faster now, but he still managed to dazzle with his time on the ball and creativity.

Three very special players. But why isn't George Best on the list? He was probably the best player in the world in the late 60s and early 70s.

BreakPkr4u

BreakPkr4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pele soccer No. 1 in the 20th century.
Zidane soccer No. 1 in the 21st century.

S

SirFoldaLot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting that video. It reminds us how strong and fast he was - as well as incredibly inventive and skilful.

A great footballer - and a pretty good manager too.

:congrats:

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting that video. It reminds us how strong and fast he was - as well as incredibly inventive and skilful.

A great footballer - and a pretty good manager too.

:congrats:

EPIC FAIL!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most pointless polls imaginable

S93

S93

Legend