Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In terms of greatness, not even close.

(Jordan never played for the Knicks!)

LOL

Might never be a Jordan again in any sport. Pretty amazing talent not to make the varasity team as a sophomore in high school. Motivation comes from alot different places.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Matt Ryan. I have both him and Favre as my 2nd and 3rd QBs (in a 2 QB start league with Rodgers being my QB1), but at least for this season I have Favre having a better statistical season. Ryan's time will come, but for the moment Favre will have the better stats. Minnesota's team is tailor made for Favre to succeed with a great line/rb and a great defense to give Favre plenty of chances on offense.

A

AntiKhrist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
F.UCK BRETT FAVRE!!!

Sorry. I'm just bitter. I live in WI so it's hard not to be salty, but still.

I can't wait to watch that asshole get carted off the field after getting his head taken off by a free safety.

Maybe V8 will sponsor a vegetable!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
F.UCK BRETT FAVRE!!!

Sorry. I'm just bitter. I live in WI so it's hard not to be salty, but still.

I can't wait to watch that asshole get carted off the field after getting his head taken off by a free safety.

Maybe V8 will sponsor a vegetable!

Sounds like your beef is with the Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy.

M

manvspoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Favre is a great player but he really needs to stop doing this retired, Im back routine, i mean it ruins his teams chances of picking up a new QB because they have to be worried if Favre wants to come back or not.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Favre is a great player but he really needs to stop doing this retired, Im back routine, i mean it ruins his teams chances of picking up a new QB because they have to be worried if Favre wants to come back or not.

Not to mention it makes him look like a classless idiot.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you happen to see the 49ers/Vikings game? I don't get excited about preseason, but the 3rd play of the game Patrick Willis sacked Favre and most likely that's why he was pulled.

If you didn't know, Willis was the #1 tackler in the NFL last year. With Revis out, they won't have to worry about that game either. He should be playing as little as possible in the pre-season.

Do you come back to this thread every day looking for fresh kindling for the fire?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do you come back to this thread every day looking for fresh kindling for the fire?

My guess, he just stumbles across it. To much trouble to buy a vowel and get a clue. Really, he hates Jerry Glanville (classless idiot) and the thought what his team could have been.

*Atlanta coach Jerry Glanville did not approve of the drafting of Favre, saying it would take a plane crash for him to put Favre into the game.

Tony Smith is a former professional American football player who played running back for three seasons for the Atlanta Falcons. The first-round pick that Atlanta used to draft Smith originally belonged to the Green Bay Packers. Atlanta acquired the pick in exchange for QB Brett Favre who was Smith's college teammate at Southern Mississippi.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's like a forest fire!

Favre looked terrible in the game against the Seahawks. I saw at least 2 picks and at least 1 fumble in the highlights I watched...

LOL - He's just not good anymore.

Everyone will see soon....

:)

he hates Jerry Glanville (classless idiot) and the thought what his team could have been.

I like my team now, that's all that matters to me.

Matt Ryan.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favre just rested for a couple of months without watching tape or preparing or anything. One preseason game does not undo the kind of player Favre is. Like someone else mentioned he knows the playbooks of that division inside and out, and he is going to do his best like always once the regular season starts. The biggest concern with Favre is his penchant for turnovers and his age. Last season he was able to cut the former down and avoid injury with the latter. That's still the key for him this season.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was only a middle upper class QB...peiod...his longevity is the only thing he should be noted for...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was only a middle upper class QB...peiod...his longevity is the only thing he should be noted for...

Would think that would be a footnote (longevity), not the headline to record holding careeer.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Really? How many MVPs does Favre have? And he was darn close to having another last year. Some even say he was robbed. How many records does he hold?

I just don't get the Favre hate. I'm by no means a Favre fan, but I call a spade a spade when it comes to Favre. There are a small number of QBs that I would rank ahead of Favre. It appears to me that some people just don't like the guy and refuse to aknowledge what he's done during his career.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Middle upper class QBs do not win the SB or take your team to another SB or have a chance every year of taking your team to the SB.

A middle tier QB is like Trent Dilfer. You cannot win in today's NFL with a Trent Dilfer anymore, even if you have a fantastic defense (note NY Jets reliance on Sanchez to take the next step).

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Micheal Jordan went through a very similar cicumstance. These are very competative athletes who have been at the peak of there profession who can't simply walk away because they know there can still perform and win or at least contribute in a very big way.

You mentioned Joe Montana in a earlier post. His two years in Kanas City statistically not his best. He still felt he had something to prove with a stellar career already behind him.

Yea, it was Brett that got them there last season. Not the defense or Absolute Poker. LMAO.
Still missing the point with Farve, LMAO (can you say "team leader and intangible assets" beyond but not to exclude on field performance).
Vikings 5th overall offense, 6th over all defense, pretty good TEAM from week 1 to week 17. Who in their right mind wouldn't want everyone back for another year. Sure Ted Thompson has some regrets concerning the handling of Farve.

Absolute poker?

Please
?

This is just too funny. Something tells me you "Rip Van Winlked" last years football season. Bring out the smelling salt, it's a new year!
\

Just wanted to clear something up - I put A.P. a(P) in my post and it was changed to absolute poker. It was supposed to stand for Adrian Peterson.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AP + RM + PH + BF = 8-8 *possible wildcard*

Sixes Full

Sixes Full

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
favresterger_fullsize_story1.jpg

I like Favre, but "C'mon, man!!!"

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Favre, but "C'mon, man!!!"

Interesting use of crocs there. You know if you think about it rationally there are a great # of the American people who are unfaithful to their spouses (though many probably have no idea about it). You guys ever watch that movie "Up in the Air" starring George Clooney? It's almost certain that there are several more "beloved" athletes who are hiding stuff in their closets.

FEARFACTOR

FEARFACTOR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many years ago, when Favre was a Packer staying in a Mpls. hotel for a game with the Vikings, there arose a story about him fooling around then. It turned out to be a total fabrication. I reserve judgement until the facts are in. Why did this story break 2 years after the alleged misconduct, just when the Vikes were going to NY to play the Jets? I'm just saying......

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many years ago, when Favre was a Packer staying in a Mpls. hotel for a game with the Vikings, there arose a story about him fooling around then. It turned out to be a total fabrication. I reserve judgement until the facts are in. Why did this story break 2 years after the alleged misconduct, just when the Vikes were going to NY to play the Jets? I'm just saying......

Favre hasn't denied any of this either. Just sayin...

P

poke_her_4_life

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Farve Has Left the Building

Farve was back for the millionth time and now is pulling a Tiger and my guess is he is not even going to make it though the season. Note to Farve: go home, relax and make sure you upgrade to unlimited messaging on your phone.