Do you consider video games a sport?

D

Donadoldin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I completely understand your perspective when it comes to traditional sports that entail physical exertion. But let's talk about esports, like CS:GO, League of Legends, and Dota. They might not require the same physical exertion as, say, running a marathon, but they demand intense mental focus, lightning-fast reflexes, and top-notch teamwork.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the definition.. . but yes, why not. I think they could be called a sport but they are much more addictive than any sport, so they could be unhealthy. Other activities that are widely considered a sport could be unhealthy too.

Last edited:
LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
People who play lots of sports do not gain weight and fat and are not out of shape, except maybe Sumo wrestlers, and they are actually quite fit!

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hello there

Competitive e-sports are a test of concentration, reaction speed and hand-eye co-ordination. In most cases your heart-rate will increase too. From these criteria it's more involved than Archery, which is definitely a sport, so I would class it a sport.

Also, less fit players will experience muscle fatigue which which will impact performance, so having a workout in your preparation would improve performance, like other more physical sports.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Of course not........in the sporta you need to do some exxercise i think .......videogame its a hobby but not sports

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Video games and mind games are definitely not sports

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, maybe a fun and competitive way to make money!

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't consider any game that is played sitting on your ass a sport.... video games, poker, chess... not a sport👎

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In recent years we have seen that many video games are considered E-sport titles such as cs.go, league of legends, dota. Do you consider these games an electronic sport? For me it cannot be called a sport if it does not require physical effort.
Sports are different. And computer games can also be partially considered a sport. If there is a game, and there are many players who compete with each other, primarily for the sake of sports interest, then such an activity can be called sports competitions, I guess. Although, for example, I do not consider poker a sport, for me poker is just a game of chance, where money plays a fundamental role.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Absolutely not, video games are fun, competitive and require skills, but they does not incorporate enough physical aspects to be a sport

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely not! LOL… is chess a sport? Or any other board games?? Unless perhaps you are exercising while playing video games- I will give you that. 🥳

D

Donadoldin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I completely understand your perspective when it comes to traditional sports that entail physical exertion. But let's talk about esports, like CS:GO, League of Legends, and Dota. They might not require the same physical exertion as, say, running a marathon, but they demand intense mental focus, lightning-fast reflexes, and top-notch teamwork.
Esports players train hard, just like athletes, to reach the highest levels of competition. I've had a blast playing offline with cheats and hacks. It adds a whole new dimension to the fun! If you're into Rogue Company, you should check out https://lavicheats.com/rogue-company-hacks-cheats-esp/ for some cool hacks and cheats.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personally I don't see video games as a sport. I do like they call it a esport though. It defines it not as a sporting event but electronics and I think that's OK and i don't mind the word sport in it. Some people has asked is poker a sport? I don't believe poker is either but it is a mind activity like in any other strategy game. If poker was to be defined as a mind sport or a sport of the mind that i could agree with

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In recent years we have seen that many video games are considered E-sport titles such as cs.go, league of legends, dota. Do you consider these games an electronic sport? For me it cannot be called a sport if it does not require physical effort.
Hello, ODRAGD3! I can to say only one by this question: I fully agree with You! No comments!

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that video games can be called cyber sports. The fact is that they have not yet been recognized as an official sport, but they are recognized as e-sports and I think they deserve it, because sport is not only about physical training, but also about intellectual abilities, which, of course, are needed for a high level of play. I found a decoding of the term sport itself: Sport is an activity of people organized according to certain rules, consisting of a comparison of their physical and intellectual abilities.
At a minimum, according to your logic, chess, darts, golf, etc. should not be sports, but they are officially.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if it's a sport or not! Video game is not a sport Is poker a sport?

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course not sports require some level of physical activity sitting on a chair with a computer is not a sport

S

SinContrato2002

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I don't consider video games as sports. since it does not involve physical effort.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well it depends as how you look a sport if you think is only physical then no but if you believe in competition and brain skills then yes .
For me is a sport a video game sport

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Half a year ago I bought myself virtual reality glasses. You guys have no idea what this is. After playing for 4 hours, my legs ached for 3 days. It felt like I went to fitness for a workout.:)

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Certainly not. How can it be a sport to have a joystick in your hand?

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Esports players train hard, just like athletes, to reach the highest levels of competition. I've had a blast playing offline with cheats and hacks. It adds a whole new dimension to the fun! If you're into Rogue Company, you should check out https://lavicheats.com/rogue-company-hacks-cheats-esp/ for some cool hacks and cheats.
Gamers train in a gym like anyone else, but in sports the job is when it's your turn to play an event you need all the physical and mental strength possible to be able to achieve a good performance. A gamer is not exposed to physical efforts during an event.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not in the form is physical fitness. But in terms of strategic thinking and hand eye coordination yes.

Top 10 Games