CRICKET WORLD CUP 2011

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Must remember to come on and whine mid-England game when they're sucking. Worked against S.A. and now Treadwell has got Gayle out. If the spinners bowl a while now and get the seamers on in a bit when it's reversing we might just have a chance.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another incredible finish! England really are the cardiac kids of this World Cup. They deserve to be still in just from an entertainment value point of view. What's the betting though that Bangladesh beat South Afica and West Indies beat india to knock England out anyway!
Cricket at it's most dramatic.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes well done today England I wonder which bowler will be called up now that you should be in the next round?

Hopefully If we take care of the dutch 2moro the ICC will see we should be playing the big nations more then we currently do the only way we'll get better is if we play the best teams more regularly

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes well done today England I wonder which bowler will be called up now that you should be in the next round?

Hopefully If we take care of the dutch 2moro the ICC will see we should be playing the big nations more then we currently do the only way we'll get better is if we play the best teams more regularly

Plunkett maybe?

You should beat Holland and I agree that you deserve to be playing at this level. You must be pretty close to being on a par with Bangladesh and they get Tests.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plunkett maybe?

You should beat Holland and I agree that you deserve to be playing at this level. You must be pretty close to being on a par with Bangladesh and they get Tests.

Maybe but they probably will just make the numbers up because depending on were you play the quarter final maybe 3 spinners.

Yeah I'd say were close we really need the experience to develop so hopefully we get it and then maybe one day we'll get to be a test nation and won't have to sweat on getting in the world cup like we will next time

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another 300+ total chased down but this was comfortable showing teams like South Africa and the West Indies how its done

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Top effort today chasing down a large target and as you say they did it comfortably.

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can be very frustrating watching England play,but one way or another,you certainly get your money's worth.
India are deffo the most consistant team.
Will take some great play to beat them.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can be very frustrating watching England play,but one way or another,you certainly get your money's worth.
India are deffo the most consistant team.
Will take some great play to beat them.

If they could stop collapsing and nail the end of an innings they could top 400. For me they're the favourites too. But the Aussies will give them a hell of a game.
If South Africa put it all together they can win it too. Pakistan can never be ruled out but i think new zealand, W.Indies and England will go out in the Quarters. Sri Lanka are also dangerous. So basically i'm saying the subcontinent boys will have it between them.
That said, on any given day all of those teams are capable of beating each other. Who's going to string 3 wins together though. I'm going for South Africa.
End ramble.:stoned:

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like South Africa too but if India's lower order fires good luck to the rest of them for the minor places

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
World Cup - India down Australia to reach semi-finals

India held their nerve to seal their place in the World Cup semi-finals after a five-wicket win over defending champions Australia in Ahmedabad.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, Yes, Yessssss !!!
Go INDIA GO !!!

Mother of all matches is up ahead now..."INDIA vs PAKISTAN"
Enjoy all !!!

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suresh Raina welcome to the party when you can have some1 like that come in at no7 you have to fear India

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man it must suck to follow England

They just lost. Don't know if it makes us look even worse to lose the ashes to them. Probably does.

Lol im loving watching England Lose. Just need to beat them ourselves.

This what happens when you lol at the Ingerlund!
ireland ...gone.
Australia ...gone.
West Indies....gone.

Loved watching the game today. Sachin to get his hundredth international hundred in the final???

Looking forward to NZ v SA tomorrow. Just hope the Kiwis take their A game, could be close then as SA just love finding new and unusual ways to shoot themselves in the foot. And then it's saturday in Colombo. Pray for rain for two days and hope we fluke it on the super over lol.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am loving the Cricket world and cant wait
for the India Pakistan semi, that should be
good

as a long suffering supporter of England I
dont really expect us to win it but
I enjoy watching any cricket

in any case we did
win the ASHES :party:

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ireland ...gone.
Australia ...gone.
West Indies....gone.

If you beat Sri Lanka i'll accept that but at the moment your just at the same stage as the other two and don't pull a Yardy if you lose

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you beat Sri Lanka i'll accept that but at the moment your just at the same stage as the other two and don't pull a Yardy if you lose

LOL, cheers Liam i'll try to stay chipper win lose or tie!

Chuckling again at the South Africans... jeez they just can't find a way to win a World Cup Knockout game! Well played New Zealand, crafty captaincy and a top team effort.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woohoo!! I went to bed after NZs innings thinking that total may not be quite enough but woke this morning to find that it was. Go NZ!!!

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

England 229/6 (50 ov)
Sri Lanka 231/0 (39.3 ov)
Sri Lanka won by 10 wickets (with 63 balls remaining)

They make you fall over from laughing so hard

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know that much about cricket but it appears that Sri Lanka kicked some major butt. I think they would be heavily favored over New Zealand in the upcoming semi-final match. I would appreciate your thoughts. Also, what do people think about the upcoming semi-final match between India and Pakistan, which appears to be a classic.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes Sri Lanka will be hot favourites to beat
New Zealand who are not that good, but they
did beat South Africa, one of the favourites
to win the tourney so it is by no means
a certainty, although I think Sri Lanka will
get to the final

India v Pakistan, wow what a grudge match,
to say they dont like each other is an
understatement

on paper India are the better team and should
win but on their day Pakistan can beat anyone,
they are just so inconsistant

I would recommend any Americans etc who do
not "get" cricket to watch this match and if this
doesn't convert you there is no hope :)

Last edited:
Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
England 229/6 (50 ov)
Sri Lanka 231/0 (39.3 ov)
Sri Lanka won by 10 wickets (with 63 balls remaining)

They make you fall over from laughing so hard

Bit of a lesson in how to play the conditions imo. Sri Lanka were always going to be favourites but i didn't expect England to bat so timidly. Well played Sri Lanka. I hope NZ win it now. The Black Caps will be the outsiders of the 4 left but it's a knockout and they are always a handful in ODIs.

I'll go out on a limb and predict NZ v Pakistan in the final. Afridi may just be irresistable in this tourney. Heck, he may even get a few runs to go with all them wickets!

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big India vs Pakistan match set to begin shortly ! It should be a classic!