Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's great how our English friends are very quiet today

Maybe because they got owned by the Irish

Kevin O'Brian Fastest 100 in world cup history 50 balls

Highest score ever I said EVER chased down in world cup history what can I say

Associate nations might not be great but I don't consider that an associate nation performance

I've been in denial. I went out at 100 odd for 5, thought i was seeing things when i saw the result. Great knock from O'Brien, chanced his arm and things went beautifully. England kept feeding him and he said nom nom. If England keep bowling like that then they'll go out.

im just disgusted that we didn't beat Bangladesh we'd be sitting pretty now

Pretty typical associate nation performance imo. Look at the Tigers today. 58 all out...sheesh. One more win might be enough to see the keystone kops of world cricket (England obv) scrape through.

Umpire Daryl Harper - blind fool or stupid idiot? :confused:

Worst umpire in the history of the modern game. How the man is still paid to do his job i just don't know. Barely understands the rules. I remember him making some ridiculous over-rules when he was third umpire in the early days of DRS because he patently didn't understand his role.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
58 runs, well played bangledash

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it doesn't have a show on ESPN like CRICKET TONIGHT or CRICKET LIVE, or CRICKET PREVIEW, or WHAT TO WATCH FOR: CRICKET WORLD SERIES.....it's not a real sport....lol

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it doesn't have a show on ESPN like CRICKET TONIGHT or CRICKET LIVE, or CRICKET PREVIEW, or WHAT TO WATCH FOR: CRICKET WORLD SERIES.....it's not a real sport....lol

wouldn't have that the americans aren't good enough to have any decent individuals to play the game

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching England's latest shambolic performance... is Strauss really a good enough captain? He's definitely worth his place as a batsman but his captaincy is too negative and seriously lacks imagination. South Africa will knock off this target with 20 overs to spare.

Good luck today to the Irish, i think you'll need it batting first against india.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot one over-riding factor. If South Africa can find a way to lose a World Cup game they will. Great bowling from almost all the bowlers(Yardy was ordinary) and a great fight by all the team. Another great finish to a game. England don't do boring!

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice win for England

The Irish were going steady but Yuvraj Singh has a 5 wicket haul and it looks like we'll have less then 200 hundred to defend so tough assignment today

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope England have their wellies ready for tomorrow in Chittagong. Tropical rainstorm may cause 'disruption'...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
COME on Bangladesh!! 6 runs to win off 14 balls vs england!!!

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They just lost. Don't know if it makes us look even worse to lose the ashes to them. Probably does.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol im loving watching England Lose. Just need to beat them ourselves.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SA takes India's last 9 wickets for 28 runs. Amazingly epic bowling performance/collapse

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Batting power play equals lets go crazy it appears :confused:

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They just lost. Don't know if it makes us look even worse to lose the ashes to them. Probably does.

Nah, totally different forms of the game. But just for the record Australia do suck in Tests lol.

England's 50 over form is ridiculous but such is the nature of this weird competition a win over West Indies would see them through barring Bangladesh winning both their last two games.(Not going to happen)

And Liam..it does suck to follow England. I can only wonder how much it sucks to follow a team whose biggest achievement is beating them... :p (O'Brien isn't a one innings wonder either is he...nooooo lol)

Worst bit about losing to Bangladesh was the way they whined so much about the dew... i mean come on.. man up Swanny.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
England cannot beat the West Indies. Not going to happen. I need India to win this game, wanna finish second in the group

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are not going to beat the Aussies but it's good to see Kenya having a good old go :top:

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah, totally different forms of the game. But just for the record Australia do suck in Tests lol.

England's 50 over form is ridiculous but such is the nature of this weird competition a win over West Indies would see them through barring Bangladesh winning both their last two games.(Not going to happen)

And Liam..it does suck to follow England. I can only wonder how much it sucks to follow a team whose biggest achievement is beating them... :p (O'Brien isn't a one innings wonder either is he...nooooo lol)

Worst bit about losing to Bangladesh was the way they whined so much about the dew... i mean come on.. man up Swanny.

Doesn't really suck when every1 in the first place thinks we suck so just beating teams who are considered good is an achievement and if we suck so much thats why Morgan must have got in your team isn't it

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't really suck when every1 in the first place thinks we suck so just beating teams who are considered good is an achievement and if we suck so much thats why Morgan must have got in your team isn't it
Must be a pain though when one of your players is any good they want to play for England. Ed Joyce defected but after not staying in the side he's gone back to ireland. Can't see us ever letting you have Morgan back though. He will be one of the greats over next few years imo.

England cannot beat the West Indies. Not going to happen. I need India to win this game, wanna finish second in the group

You'd better hope not Marg... if we beat you and Bangaldesh beat South Africa..okay unlikely but not impossible at home..then West Indies would need to beat India in their last game to qualify.... :p

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must be a pain though when one of your players is any good they want to play for England. Ed Joyce defected but after not staying in the side he's gone back to Ireland. Can't see us ever letting you have Morgan back though. He will be one of the greats over next few years imo

They might say they wanna play for England but as we all know with Ireland being a minnow at the game the only way for our prospects to progress is to move to England as at the moment we can't offer all the things the bigger nations can.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They might say they wanna play for England but as we all know with Ireland being a minnow at the game the only way for our prospects to progress is to move to England as at the moment we can't offer all the things the bigger nations can.

I rememver Robert Croft used to say that playing for Glamorgan was like playing for Wales and playing for England like playing for the British Lions. It's a pity Ireland don't get to play more competitions against the County sides. They used to play in the old 60 over one day competition. And they played some Friends Provident cricket too. Pity they don't any more as that could only help development.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pity they don't any more as that could only help development.

Ireland play regularily in the ICC inter-continental comps that run with teams from all over the world taking part.

The netherlands, Scotland, Afghanistan, Kenya etc all take part in the divisional set up tournies and cup competitions.

*btw when was the first first-class game played in Ireland - 1851 :eek:

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ireland play regularily in the ICC inter-continental comps that run with teams from all over the world taking part.

The Netherlands, Scotland, Afghanistan, Kenya etc all take part in the divisional set up tournies and cup competitions.

*btw when was the first first-class game played in Ireland - 1851 :eek:

More games against counties would be better than donkfests with Afghanistan and Kenya imo.

Watching England struggle against the West Indies now. Batted like idiots. Now i'm thinking why do we keep bowling a good length to people when they're intent on going big? If someone's trying to free their arms why do we give them fodder that they can get underneath, More yorkers! Gayle is half-crocked and we're playing to his strengths. We're not long for this tournament if we carry on like this. I'll then be reduced to supporting whoever is playing the Aussies lol.