Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So who's following this tournament?
14 country's in this years finals.
Being played in india this year.
Great start for the home nation,winning the opening match with a massive score of 370/4 off 50 overs.

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As an Indian, as long as pakistan doesn't win i'm happy. (jk but India ftw)

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yawn, cricket really. Does paint dry quicker?

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I asked who's following the Cricket World Cup?
Not, who wants to come on here and act like a big mouthed *****!:p
If you don't like Cricket,then just don't read anything about it,or keep your mouth shut.
Seeemples!!!:D

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sometimes the game is longer ;)

South Africa have the best pace attack but the wickets out there will be more suited to India (obv), Sri Lanka could be well worth a look at and hopefully England will do well :top:

Batting wise - the same four teams for me and no doubt Australia will be in there somewhere.

ireland & netherlands are the best of the minor countries.

*its also being played in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cmon the Ireland

Sehwag just being Sehwag 175 as you do

Kenya just embarrassing takes the Kiwis only 8 overs to chase down the total

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems England have a knack of making an easy job,hard work.
The ball must have been very slippery today.;)

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today's game between India and England was one of the most incredible matches i've ever had the pleasure to watch. I think it will kickstart this tournament even though it has a terrible drawn-out structure. Superb centuries from Sachin and Strauss, a fantastic bowling performance from Bresnan. A last hour which saw the game swing one way then the other culminating in the dramatic last couple of overs. Anyone who says cricket is boring has no clue. :party:

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today's game between India and England was one of the most incredible matches i've ever had the pleasure to watch. I think it will kickstart this tournament even though it has a terrible drawn-out structure. Superb centuries from Sachin and Strauss, a fantastic bowling performance from Bresnan. A last hour which saw the game swing one way then the other culminating in the dramatic last couple of overs. Anyone who says cricket is boring has no clue. :party:
Well said Swear Engine!!:icon_thum
Just watched the re-play on TV.
Absolute edge of the seat stuff.
Don't see many ties in one day cricket.
This has to be one of the best games I have ever seen.
A great advert for Cricket.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great game but vintage England game there for the winning and they bottled it you can say ah got a draw but the two points there could have been vital and broke India who would have struggled to recover from that and now will be buoyed by the game

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And Kemar Roach take a bow son great bowling today

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great game but vintage England game there for the winning and they bottled it you can say ah got a draw but the two points there could have been vital and broke India who would have struggled to recover from that and now will be buoyed by the game

You honestly think India will struggle? I can't see it. It was typical England though. Get into a position to chase the third highest total in a ODI ever and then almost blow it. Don't reckon it was bottle, just pure buffoonery. And i think if you'd offered England a draw against the World's best team i think they'd have taken it.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One game on the board. Just need to beat Bangladash and Ireland to go through to the Quarter Finals.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not now but if they had not been able to defend 338 the whole country would have been on their backs but now they'll be grand. But with 67 needed of the last ten overs and a powerplay left would you be happy with a draw sure even if i was a mickey mouse team with 8 wickets in hand its unforgivable really

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One game on the board. Just need to beat Bangladash and Ireland to go through to the Quarter Finals.

Should be okay if getting past Bangladesh...not a gimme. Once in the Quarters anyone can win.

Not now but if they had not been able to defend 338 the whole country would have been on their backs but now they'll be grand. But with 67 needed of the last ten overs and a powerplay left would you be happy with a draw sure even if i was a mickey mouse team with 8 wickets in hand its unforgivable really

True they were cruising but i was screaming at the tv NOT to take that flipping powerplay. Didn't need to change a thing. A wicket was always gonna get the crowd up again and create pressure. Favourite moment was Ajmal bladdering his first ball straight back over the bowler's head for six.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a great shot I really dont know why they didn't just wait till the 46 over either they would have had 8 wickets left and needed less then 40 but we'll just have to see what happens when we get to the final 8

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's great how our English friends are very quiet today

Maybe because they got owned by the Irish

Kevin O'Brian Fastest 100 in world cup history 50 balls

Highest score ever I said EVER chased down in world cup history what can I say

Associate nations might not be great but I don't consider that an associate nation performance

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doff my cap to the Irish cricket team.
A superb display of how, never to give up.
Another brilliant game of cricket to watch as well.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best game ever.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big congrats to Ireland for another great performance in the World Cup (following on from the last one).

Why England insist on the short ball i have no idea, flat wickets with no pace and no movement we got what we deserved.

Struggled against the Netherlands, threw it away v India and now losing to Ireland - oh dear :(

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im just disgusted that we didn't beat Bangladesh we'd be sitting pretty now

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In cricket pick'em on espn, only 5.19% of entrants picked Ireland to beat England in today's match. Great upset for Ireland.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Umpire Daryl Harper - blind fool or stupid idiot? :confused:

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After yesterdays performance, India have to take Ireland more seriously now on sunday !!!