Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Welcome to the CardsChat UFC Fantasy League!!

For those interested, please read this entire post.

Here's how it works:

1) Entry fee: FREE to enter! All you have to do is post your picks for each UFC event. I will post the UFC events and scheduled fights on the card 2 weeks before the actual event. That's when you post your picks. I will keep track of everybody's points. You can jump into the league halfway through it if you want, but that will put you at a disadvantage against those who have been in the league since the beginning.

2) Length of League: The CC UFC Fantasy League will last from January 1 up til June 30 (6 months). The league will include every UFC PPV, Fight Nights and Fight for the Troops (free on Spike) and on Versus (free on VS). So far, the current number of scheduled events til the end of June is at 9. But that is not including any scheduled events in the month of June as of, yet.

3) Rules: Most of you are familiar with the rules that I have been setting for my UFC pick 'ems, but I will reiterate them here --- Make your picks for each UFC card (entire card), and choose who you think will win and what the outcome will be. For each correct pick, you get 1 point. If you pick the correct winner, then you have a chance to gain an extra point by picking the correct outcome. I will also be rewarding 1 point each for picking the Fight of the Night, KO of the Night, and Submission of the Night. If you believe that there will not be a KO, SUB, or Fight of the Night, make sure you imply that, I will give 1 point to those who guess that correctly. On average there are 11 fights per card, giving you a possible of 25 points per event.

So remember, pick the WINNER of the fight, OUTCOME of the fight, and each FIGHT OF THE NIGHT, KO OF THE NIGHT, and SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT - for POINTS!

You must enter your picks by 11:59pm Central Time the day BEFORE the event! If an event is on Saturday, you must make your picks by Friday 11:59pm Central Time! The weigh-ins are always the day before the fights, so if you wait until the weigh-ins, that will give you a couple of hours to make your picks.

Any fight changes to the card by the UFC after I post the event will be scrapped from our points. (ex: a fighter drops out of a fight 1 week before the fight and replaced.. that fight will be scrapped from points).

4) Listing and Research: When I list the events, I will list the fighters, and their weight class. In other pick 'ems, I posted their record and where I thought they ranked in the UFC. I will not be posting their record or my own personal ranking for them. You have to research these fighters on your own.

4) Prizes: THERE WILL BE PRIZES!! I have some ideas for prizes, but I do not want to announce them, yet. I will give away something good for the winner. And I have a few other things planned, but I may not announce until April. At that time, I know what I will be able to give away, and what else I will be able to do for my MMA people.

5) Keep an eye on this thread! Bookmark it, subscribe to it, and let's have some fun in this thread!

----------------------------------------------------------

The first UFC event for the New Year is on Saturday, January 1, 2011. I will post the card on (this) Saturday, December 18, 2010.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
First, do I have your word that you will NOT post any semi-nude self- portraits in thread? :eek: :D

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
First, do I have your word that you will NOT post any semi-nude self- portraits in thread? :eek: :D

Who do you think I am? Sean Pilgrim!!??

Well, now I have to think of a different 2nd place prize, though. I was going to send the 2nd place winner a semi-nude framed photo of Sean.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm in

I'll start I take G.S.P.to win last saturdays fight by desceison

Also MMA coming to Toronto next Spring for the first time in Ontario ....It will be the biggest MMA event EVER any where!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
tks for the pm
I'll likely be interested in this too (depends on time issues).

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would like to be in on this if possible.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Looks like we have 9 interested so far.

Mortis
PattyR
Kenzie 96
Philthy
the lab man
Poker Orifice
kcanuck
BluffYou123
scokyl

Although you do not have to sign up before the first event start, just make your picks after I post the fight card, it's good to know who's interested before hand. :)

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds fun, sign me up! :top:

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our 1st picks should be w/in the next week or so I believe. I can't wait. The only thing is that I hope I remember to get on the computer that day LOL

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yep.. fight card for UFC 125 will be posted this Saturday in this thread! So keep watching this thread!

Those interested, 13 players:

Mortis
PattyR
Kenzie 96
Philthy
the lab man
Poker Orifice
kcanuck
BluffYou123
scokyl
Riverrr
Suited Frenzy
thesoxwin
Pokerdude420

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow almost missed it , im down thanks for the invite mortis ! :)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was wondering when you'd show up, Ludo, lol. Good to have you here :)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Make your picks! For those who aren't aware.. the WEC has now merged with the UFC and have expanded their weight classes to Featherweights (145 lbs.) and Bantamweights (135 lbs.) Don't forget to make your Fight of the Night, SUB of the Night, and KO of the Night for points as well!

CC UFC Fantasy League: Event #1

UFC 125 - Satuday, January 1

Frankie Edgar
(Champion) vs. Gray Maynard (155 lbs., Lightweight Championship)
Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann (185; Middleweights)
Brandon Vera vs. Thiago Silva (205; Light Heavyweights)
Nate Diaz vs. Dong Hyun Kim (170; Welterweights)
Clay Guida vs. Takanori Gomi (155; Lightweights)
Marcus Davis vs. Jeremy Stephens (155; Lightweights)
Josh Grispi vs. Dustin Poirier (145; Featherweights)
Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares (185; Middleweights)
Mike Brown vs. Diego Nunes (145; Featherweights)
Daniel Roberts vs. Greg Soto (170; Welterweights)
Jacob Volkmann vs. Antonio McKee (155; Lightweights)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My picks:

Edgar via UD (Fight of the Night)
Leben via TKO (KO of the Night)
Silva via SUB
Kim via UD
Gomi via SUB
Davis via SD
Grispi via SUB
Tavares vua UD
Brown via SUB (SUB of the Night)
Roberts via SUB
Volkmann via UD

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In!
I will post my picks tomorrow after I have a chance to google these guys and see who is hotter by their pictures.
I have a system. Good luck all!