Cards Chat Fantasy Football

fin2head

fin2head

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in use nfl.com, yahoo, sporting news, espn all are good.
12 teams per league. 10 to 12 teams normal.
If we have more than 12 members interest you could make it Cardchat 1, Cardchat 2, etc. so everybody could play.
What would be interesting is a championship round between league 1 or 2 0r more I not sure how that could be done. Maybe as a prize a tournament entry, sitngo.bounty. the sites have their default points which are adequate but can be modified. Live draft if 10 players.Or 12.

Last edited:
wildjax

wildjax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found the league on NFL.com. (btm of page and search for league by name), but the draft is set for tomorrow. Still got room for more? Would love to join a FF league if I can fit in my schedule...Let's get this thing going

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found the league on NFL.com. (btm of page and search for league by name), but the draft is set for tomorrow. Still got room for more? Would love to join a FF league if I can fit in my schedule...Let's get this thing going

I thought it said the draft was Aug 8th!?!? Anyway, I'm in there, and can't figure out how to make changes? password is cchat? any help? I'd like to set the draft for 2 weeks.

Yeah, the more the merrier. We need 12 at least. Two are signed up last checked.

Last edited:
jokish123

jokish123

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, sorry but please remove me from this. I doubt i will have time to take part in this as my schedule has become overloaded with work and other stuff.

Again i am sorry but thanks so much for offering this and setting it up.

Good luck to all who are participating.

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't draft until mid to late August, at least let some preseason go by.

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm confused why you would set up the league, taking it upon yourself to decide nfl.com when you obviously don't know anything about Fantasy Football.

It's disappointing.

Have fun.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm confused why you would set up the league, taking it upon yourself to decide nfl.com when you obviously don't know anything about Fantasy Football.

It's disappointing.

Have fun.

I don't see you doing anything about it, nor anyone else. So I took the bull by the horns, flying by the seat of my pants. I did not PICK a draft date. And asked for assistance here. And if this league gets ousted, due to no draft picks, someone can start another. It's just a little experiment on NFL.com's server. I did not expect to be berated for trying. Maybe you're just trying to get your post count up.

Don't need you telling me what I do know or do not know about fantasy football. I understand the basics and am familiar with most players. I've simply never done it in a league online.

F

FreeFalling22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i played about 12 years ago when i thought i knew my football players and come in 24th out of 26 players now i dont keep up with the players or teams so i would suck but GOOD LUCK

M

MrSwissCheese

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm "all-in" for that!

I would only consider playing in a free league - I don't follow football enough to put money on my guesses. I've played in a free employee league over the last few years and always seem to fair reasonably well. I recommend just the standard scoring system, anything off the wall becomes really confusing quickly. I would like to keep leagues relatively small, once you get over 10 or 12 players, it's really a crapshoot if you get good players or crap in the late rounds.

Also, given the number of people who would be playing from all over the place, at least give the option for Auto-Drafts.

I've played on Yahoo, ESPN, and NFL and don't particularly have a preference.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In another thread I broached the option of a Cards Chat Fantasy Football League. If you're interested, please chime in on this thread. We'd need to figure out a few things if we get enough interested managers.

Fun or Money League? ****NO MONEY
What site do you want to use? ****NFL.com
How many teams in the CCFFL? **** 12? Each person is a team???
How would you like to do points? **** See my link beow, it figures the points. You should adjust your picks accordingly.

We probably have about a month to get this all squared away before we'd have to draft. **** How does Aug 24th sound?

Okay, I tried it again. Very simple. League name is cardschat. Password is cchat. Seems like it lists my name, and says I'm 'cardschat1'. MAYBE it'll assign 'cardschat2'? Try it. At any rate, I've set the draft to Sunday Aug 24 at 9:15 PM ET. The choices for that date were 5:30, then skipped to 9:15, them 10 PM. I picked a later time to accomodate folks who might be out all day, and kept in mind the whole country is usually up at that hour. Also, it's after a day of exhibition play, might help you nail down your picks. The next weekend was Labor Day weekend, and people might not be around at all.

If you can't make the draft, you can always set up your picks in a queue, and the first ones available will be chosen. The draft order is chosen at random the day b4 or morning OF the draft.

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alright im in, for anyone else who is joining it might be alittle difficult to find. what you have to do is go to nfl.com and and search for leagues and just put the draft date in where ever it says it and it is the 3rd one down.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok I just joined the league. It was extremely tough to find though cause there is no league search feature. I had to sort private leagues by draft date, then by draft time of day to find it.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok I just joined the league. It was extremely tough to find though cause there is no league search feature. I had to sort private leagues by draft date, then by draft time of day to find it.

There IS a search feature by name just under the 'rows' listing - scroll down. Type in 'cardschat, and it should be there. I was wondering, as someone mentioned, I should just start all over again, and make it 'auto-draft' (you can't just 'chang'e it). You can still list your players in a queue, but it's fraught with a little problem...If you picked 'QB' as your 1st round draft, and of you're late in the draft, it might pick your 12 choice, while if that's the case, you might have selected a RB or WR instead. So far 3 signed up. I tried to sign up for bubbasbestbae's league at ESPN, but it's full.

R

rylflush99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
little help

i signed up for hobbs league little while ago is that the one everyone is joining if it isnt could someone let me know which site to use for the FFL??

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Divebitch took over the league rylflush99. The league was set-up at NFL.com and here is the pertinent info:

Okay, I tried it again. Very simple. League name is cardschat. Password is cchat. Seems like it lists my name, and says I'm 'cardschat1'. MAYBE it'll assign 'cardschat2'? Try it. At any rate, I've set the draft to Sunday Aug 24 at 9:15 PM ET. The choices for that date were 5:30, then skipped to 9:15, them 10 PM. I picked a later time to accomodate folks who might be out all day, and kept in mind the whole country is usually up at that hour. Also, it's after a day of exhibition play, might help you nail down your picks. The next weekend was Labor Day weekend, and people might not be around at all.

If you can't make the draft, you can always set up your picks in a queue, and the first ones available will be chosen. The draft order is chosen at random the day b4 or morning OF the draft.

Another league is at yahoo.com, but it is filled up. I don't know how many players Divebitch recruited.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Zagnut Raiders are gonna be in....... If I can find it.

---

R

rylflush99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im in

good luck to everyone here so far stil ahile to go but im excited!!!!!!! cant wait for the raiders to make the playoffs LMAO... hope they do but probably not going to happen

R

rylflush99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and.....

LET GET SOME MORE PEOPLE TO FILL THIS THING UP!!!!!!