Cards Chat Fantasy Football

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In another thread I broached the option of a Cards Chat Fantasy Football League. If you're interested, please chime in on this thread. We'd need to figure out a few things if we get enough interested managers.

Fun or Money League?
What site do you want to use?
How many teams in the CCFFL?
How would you like to do points?

We probably have about a month to get this all squared away before we'd have to draft.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fun or Money League? Dont mind but not too much because you americans have access to more info than me because im from across the pond
What site do you want to use? doesnt bother me but i think Skysports do one or maybe nfl.com
How many teams in the CCFFL? as many as we can get the more the better
How would you like to do points? copy the same format off the site we use lol

We probably have about a month to get this all squared away before we'd have to draft WOOOOO I cant wait for the season !!!.

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We would need to limit the number of teams, otherwise drafting gets a bit complicated.

I would consider 12 to be a good maximum.

I have an account at ESPN.com if you'd like to check that out.

NFL.com and Yahoo are good fantasy football sites, too.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how would drafting become complicate mate ??

yeh sites dont bother me tbh its all on the web so !

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how would drafting become complicate mate ??

yeh sites dont bother me tbh its all on the web so !

Well, you only have so many quality players in each position. Depending on your roster size, you're going to run out of good WR or whatever position near the end of the draft.

You end up going for backup and tandem RBs if you get a lot of managers. Which isn't a bad thing and really shows the quality of a manager, but some people don't like playing that way.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh do you do it like a proper draft do you ??
dont you do it buy say you have a salary cap and each player costs and amount therefore you cant have all superstars. then people can have the same player but all good players cant be selected because of the cap. Didnt know you had to do a draft like the nfl do. personally i find it better to pick it under a cap because you can have who you want.

jokish123

jokish123

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i would like to join this. When you get it all setup pm me please :)

Sorry i am not much of help with it. I don't understand the first thing of how to set something like this up.

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh do you do it like a proper draft do you ??
dont you do it buy say you have a salary cap and each player costs and amount therefore you cant have all superstars. then people can have the same player but all good players cant be selected because of the cap. Didnt know you had to do a draft like the nfl do. personally i find it better to pick it under a cap because you can have who you want.

I've heard of both.

The method I'm familiar with is picking players like an NFL draft (though you can use a salary cap for this method as well).

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CCFFL Manager List

Hobbs665
Jurn8
Jokish123

I'll be copy/pasting this list as it grows. Hopefully we get enough to rumble!

W

Woodyspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill play in it just let me when everything is going to be and all that good stuff.

R

rylflush99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id definately like to play in this league...not exactly sure how the league should be set up but for websites id say espn or yahoo doesnt really matter

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CCFFL Manager List

Hobbs665
Jurn8
Jokish123
Gr3atness
Woodyspoker

rylflush99

I'll be copy/pasting this list as it grows. Hopefully we get enough to rumble!

That's six. How about if I volunteer to be the Commisioner and I'll set up the league at ESPN.com.

I'll need your name and the email address you use to sign up at ESPN.com.

I'd like to get six more for a league of twelve and I also vote for free as I'm broke.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can we use the salary cap method also lol then we can have as many people as we want!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just all have a team say on espn and then create a private league within that mate ! like beardyian has done for the premiership footy over here

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PS go onto NFL.com and click on the fantasy tab and you can see one of the options is to create your own private league, check it out if you like mate

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i posted earlier but it was deleted. i am interested in this. i prefer a fun league and it doesnt matter to me what site we play at. i have been in quite a few leagues and it seems to me that either espn or yahoo have the smoothest running leagues. i really liked the way yahoo had it set up

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars go onto NFL.com and click on the fantasy tab and you can see one of the options is to create your own private league, check it out if you like mate

I done did it....
http://freemeeting.7.football.nfl.com/meeting/view-league/344069

League is CardsChat Poker, Team is CardsChat, password is cchat. Now, I'm not sure how all this works. Have only done a FF at home with 3 people, and a March Madness online, which is totally different, as anyone can pick anybody. Take a good look, and see if this is something we can do?

http://freemeeting.7.football.nfl.com/meeting/rules#rules_single_draft

It lists all the play point values. I set it for live draft, but maybe we should go automated (NOT AS FUN!!!). But we would have to all get together on a Yahoo chat one evening/weekend, and pick in order.

The guy who picks the first round last, picks first 2nd round. It's all reversed every round. To keep things sorta honest, we can all pick a number from 1 - 12 or whatever to decide who picks first (I will get the last # selected). To keep it honest, I can take a screen shot of a Word doc, listing the random order (i.e. 7,2,4,10,9,3,12,8,1 etc), and post it immediately after selection.

I can do money or free. I guess real money would just complicate things further. Any ideas welcome. Feel free to join. (Is it always 12 to a team?)

H

Hobbs665

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Hobbs665
2. Jurn8
3. Jokish123
4. Gr3atness
5. Woodyspoker

6. rylflush99
7. Divebitch
8. jbatesm

Looks like we have enough for an 8 team league.

Divebitch has created a league at nfl.com apparently.

golan

golan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yahoo is the best. Personally I would play for money if it is NFL Lg
Peace

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the link isnt working for me either

Did you register for FF? It's different than simple NFL.com registration. At any rate, it says, each leagues must have a minumum of 12 'owners'. Do we make each 'owner' a team unto themselves? Or maybe better to join a public league as 1 team? Like I said, never done this before. Hopefully, this link at least works....

http://freemeeting.7.football.nfl.com/meeting/rules#rules_single_draft

It all looks kinda complicated, especially the draft coordination. Anyone done this before? Maybe ESPN is easier? :p

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm definitely in. What site are we going to do it on?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the draft stuff is too complex cant we do a salary cap version on another site ??

W

wizardsfan05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to play a free league on NFL.com. I think its the best site for fantasy football.