Brett Favre Retiring?

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean yea he had a great run last year but look what happened in the playoffs!

Maybe if he skips preseason and the first 6 games he has a shot at a ring...

hes gettin old we all know that but he can still play, maybe if he let another QB start and played the bench more he would last the whole season

FAVRE = RETIRED "hes done"

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm from wisconsin. I was raised to be a packer fan, yet I am happy he is playing again. You all should be hating the messenger. Don't hate the player, hate the game. This has nothing to do with favre and everything to do with espn. focus your anger/disgust/wtf-ever in the right direction. he just wants to play, was not sure if he was healthy enough, and yeah, okay, didn't want to go to camp. who among you would do any different... if u were a multi-millionare superfreak athleate superstar who could do anything you wanted? get over it

-n

Last edited:
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm from wisconsin. I was raised to be a packer fan, yet I am happy he is playing again. You all are hating the messenger. Don't hate the player, hate the game. This has nothing to do with favre and everything to do with espn. focus your anger/disgust/wtf-ever in the right direction. he just wants to play, was not sure if he was healthy enough, and yeah, okay, didn't want to go to camp. who among you would do any different... if u were a multi-millionare superfreak athleate superstar who could do anything you wanted? get over it

-n

I wouldn't pull the "I'm retiring/wait, I'll play again" crap the way he has for the past 4 years and make a decision less than a month into the new season screwing up teams game plan. I don't care how much money I amde. If I wanted to play, I would be at camp from Day 1.

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't pull the "I'm retiring/wait, I'll play again" crap the way he has for the past 4 years and make a decision less than a month into the new season screwing up teams game plan. I don't care how much money I amde. If I wanted to play, I would be at camp from Day 1.

i won't dispute your opinion regarding what u would do in such a position, though i disagree with it. but i will say...

he only retired twice. once when the packers forced him to, and once when he was injured and the jets gave him shit about it. You're right, he should have gone to camp with the vikings (if for no other reason than because he could have seen their doctors, i guess...) but that is their fault for not forcing him to, and telling him, more or less, 'do what u want and we'll wait and not only will we not give u a hard time about it, but we'll take it and we'll like it.' he has been injured after all. what other player has ever been forced to make a decision to retire or not when injured (or even when not injured)?

and seriousy dude, he didn't screw up their game plan, unless their game plan was to have a shitty quarterback and finish second or third in the north.

it is easy to say you'd be so honorable and go to camp (even if you were injured and couldn't practice), but i think, like i said before, anyone who says so is just being self rightious and/or is misplacing their anger on him, instead of placing it where it belongs, which is on the media coverage. had it not been for them, you wouldn't care about this at all unless u lived in wisconsin or minnesota, as it isn't truly relevant to anyone else at all. that's what it comes down to for me. I don't see why any of the rest of u care. It has nothing to do with u and it seems like you are just being riled up by the media coverage. It is their fault, not favre's. he's not going on tv every day manipulating this story (in fact he hasn't been going on tv to talk about this at all). espn is. blame them for being hack journalists (which they have demonstarted on far more than this one occasion) not favre, who has only demonstarted that he is one of the best qb's ever to play the game. again, move on people

-n

Last edited:
SlySwagga

SlySwagga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player like Favre is special. So special rules apply to him. Does that make sense?

I absolutely hate the fake uncertainty in the past 4-5yrs. But ppl have to understand that he has no business at training camp and preseason.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A player like Favre is special. So special rules apply to him. Does that make sense?

I absolutely hate the fake uncertainty in the past 4-5yrs. But ppl have to understand that he has no business at training camp and preseason.

Why do people have to understand that?

That makes no sense.

Brett didn't want to be a backup in Green Bay - They didn't force him to retire.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why do u care?

-n

So you think there should be special rules for him?! Brett Favre is in it for himself. He don't want to "play as a team." He gets less stats that way. As the previous poster stated, he didn't want to be a backup QB. He's a gloryhound, pure and simple. I don't care how many records he has, he should be treated like every other football player on the team. There is no "I" in team.

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you think there should be special rules for him?! Brett Favre is in it for himself. He don't want to "play as a team." He gets less stats that way. As the previous poster stated, he didn't want to be a backup QB. He's a gloryhound, pure and simple. I don't care how many records he has, he should be treated like every other football player on the team. There is no "I" in team.

again, i don't see why you care. I wish you'd explain that.

I don't want to sound rude, but to respond to your argument (without simply stating that i think you're wrong), if that team wants to give him special treatment, that's their buisness. Just because you don't think they should be doing it doesn't mean it is wrong. Life is what it is, there's no sense stressing out about things you can't control. Like i said, you're only so worked up because it is on the news everyday. It really has nothing to do with you. I mean, imagine if you grew up watching him play for your team and now u have to watch him in that rediculious purple uniforme, yet even I am able to have the proper perspective on life and realize that my only connection to the nfl is that i watch it on tv. i have no control and i know getting upset will never lead to satisfaction, only disapointment. Just move on, you'll be better off, trust me.

-n

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
again, i don't see why you care. I wish you'd explain that.

I don't want to sound rude, but to respond to your argument (without simply stating that i think you're wrong), if that team wants to give him special treatment, that's their buisness. Just because you don't think they should be doing it doesn't mean it is wrong. Life is what it is, there's no sense stressing out about things you can't control. Like i said, you're only so worked up because it is on the news everyday. It really has nothing to do with you. I mean, imagine if you grew up watching him play for your team and now u have to watch him in that rediculious purple uniforme, yet even I am able to have the proper perspective on life and realize that my only connection to the nfl is that i watch it on tv. i have no control and i know getting upset will never lead to satisfaction, only disapointment. Just move on, you'll be better off, trust me.

-n

Becuase I hate Brett Favre with a passion. He is a disgrace to the sport of football which I love.