Brett Favre Retiring?

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the same thing every year, it's so damn old already. He does it for the attention ya know. It's so lame.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if his daughter says "Daddy, I want you to win another Super Bowl," he'll be back, right?:rolleyes:

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its just so dumb. All he is doing is keeping the Vikings(and for the record Im not for or against them) from moving forward with a different QB whoever that may be. Its purely selfish on his part, and quite honestly, its a bit pathetic.

P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OHH NO ... NOT AGAIN :O Anyone think he might have been hit in the head a few too many times ? Possibly this is just his negotiation style. In any event, seems like I head this story before. Wonder how it will turn out this time ?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its just so dumb. All he is doing is keeping the Vikings from moving forward with a different QB whoever that may be. Its purely selfish on his part, and quite honestly, its a bit pathetic.

He did the same thing TWICE in Green Bay.

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey the reality of the situation is he still has atleast 3 weeks to change his mind 10,000 times. As long as he gets attention doing it, he'll keep on changing his mind.

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its funny. He supposedly is now doing the thing you criticize him for not doing in the past (retiring), and you criticize him for that. The fact of the matter is people just love talking about it and the media loves covering it. I mean, he sent a couple text messages to teammates, none of whom have been identified, and ESPN talks about him all day long. He could have just as easily sent those texts saying he was coming back and you all would still be posting giving him crap for that.

-n

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drafted favre in a early football draft, i don't think he will retire and will be under center against new orleans in the first game.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its funny. He supposedly is now doing the thing you criticize him for not doing in the past (retiring), and you criticize him for that. The fact of the matter is people just love talking about it and the media loves covering it. I mean, he sent a couple text messages to teammates, none of whom have been identified, and ESPN talks about him all day long. He could have just as easily sent those texts saying he was coming back and you all would still be posting giving him crap for that.

-n

Not me. I am tired of hearing/seeing him. He will come back again, this is his little game. As a Niner fan, he has ruined more sundays for me than any other QB in the game(not counting Alex Smith). Brett, go away. You're done.

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He'll be back by the second pre-season game. Just watch!

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just thinking this morning watching Mike & Mike how funny it is that this year for the first time in years, no one is making a big fuss over Favre - it's just assumed that he's coming back. He must have figured that out today and wants to get everyone talking about him again. What a cool guy!

"What the hell is Brett Favre doing here?"
"I'm in town to play the Dolphins, dumb ass!"

wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think he is just doing this so he can get out of the summer camp like he has done for the past 2 yrs. everyone knows he hates the summer camp. he'll be back under center as soon as the camp is over.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think he is just doing this so he can get out of the summer camp like he has done for the past 2 yrs. everyone knows he hates the summer camp. he'll be back under center as soon as the camp is over.

He doesn't have to go to camp if he doesn't want to, everyone knows it including the front office. In fact, he shouldn't be in camp, maybe just to watch. His ankle is not ready, he'd be doing more harm than good. And update here******* Favre texted to Steve Mariucci last night that he made no such statement about retiring. He'll be there. NFL network said the Vikes also just sweetened the offer from $13 to $16 mil. He'll be there. Sept 9th.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favre sounds like George Foreman from the 1990's " I'm gettin old, Body can't sustain anymore big hits". Likewise is the story in sports history as it repeats itself over and over.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is this an annual event now?

wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is this an annual event now?
it has been for the past 2 seasons. always talk about him retiring a month or so before the beginning of the season then september rolls around and he's in. going to be the same thing this year. although if he does play, i wouldnt expect him to start every game, if his ankle is as bad as it seems.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it has been for the past 2 seasons. always talk about him retiring a month or so before the beginning of the season then september rolls around and he's in. going to be the same thing this year. although if he does play, i wouldnt expect him to start every game, if his ankle is as bad as it seems.

ACTUALLY HE'S BEEN DOING IT SINCE 2006. Oops sorry for the caplock. It's not always a month before the season starts. At least twice it was right after the season ended. Once or twice he waited anywhere from June to August to decide to play. But he has NOT texted that he will retire. It was a rumor. The local paper never disclosed the source, and key players have denied they received the text. Hell, Childress never even heard it.

If is ankle is bad, he might sit out the 1st 3 games, cuz 4th week is a bye. Would be a shame cuz he's never missed a start in 19 years. But might be necessary. He's stated that he does want to play if he can get healthy enough. That's more positive than usual.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Favre just told ESPN he never told anyone his decision or sent text messages to his teammates.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol it could be one of those situations of questionable journalism. just so bored these days that they can make up a story and watch the popularity and rumors go on wildfire.

A

AntiKhrist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll believe it if he's not there for the first game of the season. Living in WI, I've heard all this crap before. A Brett Favre retirement is equal to a KISS farewell tour. Just some bullshit to get attention.

FAVRE = PRIMADONNA

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope he is back. What a great year last season. Truly exciting and a great story.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope he is back. What a great year last season. Truly exciting and the interception he threw on his last pass in the playoffs when he could have took a knee and went to the super bowl was just glorious. NOT

FYP:confused: