Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course there are always variables, but generally speaking, boxing is ineffective against any MMA in a street fight scenario.

That’s not to say wrestling is an MMA of course, but it is comparable in certain ways.

A boxer and wrestler of equal strength, size and ability- about 8 or 9 times out of ten, the wrestler will triumph in a street/self-defence situation.

The majority of street fights go to ground, at which point a boxer is at a vast disadvantage against almost any other discipline.

I speak from experience… ;) :giggle:

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
If you ask me, elite wrestling is a skill that has a huge impact on winning MMA fights.
A good example was Khabib Nurmagomedov. He was so dominant in wrestling compared to his opponents that they simply had no solutions for him. He was unbeatable and ended his successful career undefeated.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm a big fan of boxing

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Not an easy question, really. Boxing is a classic. Wrestling is a more dynamic sport, more modern. And in terms of views, I think that still boxing has not lost its leading position. If we are talking about the competitive component, I still prefer boxing. :geek::ninja:

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Who is still more successful in battle,

boxer or wrestler?
Which of these sports more influences the victory in MMI or in street fights?
View attachment 233031
UFC MMA has emphatically proven that wrestling is superior to boxing, in a battle. Boxing isn't even the best striking martial art, Maui Thai, kick boxing are favored by fighters.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
If in a street fight, then definitely the boxer will have more chances to lay down the opponent. But in professional mixed martial arts, a wrestler is more likely to win by exhausting the opponent's strength and performing choking or painful holds. The experience of mixed martial arts championships proves that wrestlers win more often in these tournaments.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very nice question :D really fun

i personally i have trained many years in boxing and also trained some other things and analyzed martial arts and sports over the years and here is how it is :

in a 1 vs 1 situation boxer vs wrestler . no rules . the wrestler will win 90 or rather 99 even out of 100 . the only way for the boxer to win is to either knock the wrestler out quickly before he gets him (which will rarely be succesful ) OR if the boxer somehow achieves a groin kick / punch or eye poke or something like that ...either before the grappling starts or while the grappling . but this is unlikely to happen anyway because the wrestler will control the boxers hands and feet with his wrestling skills

as soon as the wrestler grabs the boxer it is most likely over for the boxer . and closing the gap/distance is far easier than holding the distance (with punches and footwork)

however boxing is a very effective combat sport and a good sport to defend yourself on the street . one of the best actually . and is also an important part of MMA

and when you are on the street you should try to avoid to go to the ground because it is dangerous since your opponents friends can come and kick your head off or even stab you etc. while you are down

but year wrestler vs boxer 1vs1 the wrestler takes it most of the time

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In my opinion, the boxer has a better chance of winning. A wrestler has to get close to someone to defeat him. A boxer can fight at a distance.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think that a boxer could become a wrestler more easily than vice versa :D

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a boxer will beat a wrestler if he doesn't let him get close.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Boxer all the way but i will bot practicing this sports lol......i'm not wrestler because i think its fake so ....

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A boxer, of course a boxer will have an advantage. It is obvious to me. A professional boxer will simply tear apart a wrestler.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The level of training, and not the type of martial arts that a person practices, is very important. And also confidence in victory, physical strength, endurance, the ability to quickly assess the enemy and many, many more qualities. They come to an athlete only with great experience, which has been accumulated over the years.

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I think wrestrer is more hability to win a fight, but I like more boxing

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me the boxer it s the best wrestling have fake matches

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
very nice question :D really fun

i personally i have trained many years in boxing and also trained some other things and analyzed martial arts and sports over the years and here is how it is :

in a 1 vs 1 situation boxer vs wrestler . no rules . the wrestler will win 90 or rather 99 even out of 100 . the only way for the boxer to win is to either knock the wrestler out quickly before he gets him (which will rarely be succesful ) OR if the boxer somehow achieves a groin kick / punch or eye poke or something like that ...either before the grappling starts or while the grappling . but this is unlikely to happen anyway because the wrestler will control the boxers hands and feet with his wrestling skills

as soon as the wrestler grabs the boxer it is most likely over for the boxer . and closing the gap/distance is far easier than holding the distance (with punches and footwork)

however boxing is a very effective combat sport and a good sport to defend yourself on the street . one of the best actually . and is also an important part of MMA

and when you are on the street you should try to avoid to go to the ground because it is dangerous since your opponents friends can come and kick your head off or even stab you etc. while you are down

but year wrestler vs boxer 1vs1 the wrestler takes it most of the time
This is the correct answer.