MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who is still more successful in battle,

boxer or wrestler?
Which of these sports more influences the victory in MMI or in street fights?1460971451 0GE0TyJS5WY

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My husband is from the old school of box.He watched Mike Tyson fight in the 90´s.Box is a magical fight.

M

Manlg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a boxer, wrestling is just a show for the audience.

Q

quick81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wrestler they could adapt more and in street fight should be able to put the boxer on the ground and take the boxer out of there game plan they just has to avoid the boxers punches

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Boxing looks better because the fight lasts a long time. The wrestlers have a short and short show.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a boxer will be better armed against a wrestler.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably take the wrestler more tools in the tool box.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In street fight I think boxing is more influent, when a normal person thinks about fighting they always think about punching

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wrestling is'nt srsly sport just show,my choice is boxing

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which of these sports more influences the victory in MMI or in street fights?View attachment 233031

I think a lot of people ITT are thinking about wrestling as in WWE wrestling, no actual wrestling.

The correct answer to the question, as posed, is wrestling and it's not even close. There's a reason wrestlers dominated the UFC for years and years and years, until the strikers at least learned how to counter-wrestle. The wrestler can dictate where the fight takes place. The boxer isn't gonna have a good time if he's put on his back.

If the question is which do I enjoy more, then it's boxing. But if it's which one wins the fight, it's wrestling every time.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a lot of people ITT are thinking about wrestling as in WWE wrestling, no actual wrestling.

The correct answer to the question, as posed, is wrestling and it's not even close. There's a reason wrestlers dominated the UFC for years and years and years, until the strikers at least learned how to counter-wrestle. The wrestler can dictate where the fight takes place. The boxer isn't gonna have a good time if he's put on his back.

If the question is which do I enjoy more, then it's boxing. But if it's which one wins the fight, it's wrestling every time.
Totally agree with you!:cool:

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a mix of wrestling and boxing I did both
I was trained by Richie McGlocklin The guy whom trained Diamond David Santos
and I wrestled in high school and was trained by a coach that was in special forces and trained us some hand to hand combat moves and also some judo moves as well so we learned a lot from our coach. I came in 2nd in state 2 years in a row at the 145 lbs class which is a combination of power and speed. during football season I would bulk up to 215 and play linebacker and fullback my wrestling coach was my football coach he said that wresting would keep my explsioveness for football and build more speed for it so I went out for it.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know both so I would probably knock you out then pin you after

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on skill, but boxer has all chances to finish it quickly ))

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wrestler is going to win more often than not ,so many more holds/submissions ,boxer better have lots of foot speed and power not to get taken down and pounding out

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The most important part is to have the fighting spirit. Training and style also matter, but to be willing to fight no matter what stands above all other things.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I had to choose between a pure wrestler and a pure boxer in an mma fight, I’m taking the wrestler 9 times out of 10 because they can neutralize the boxers striking by having them worry about being taken down.

As simple as that. It’s a different world when you’re fighting off of your back.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
boxer easily all fights start standing ,and a really good boxer could put one on the chin of a wrestler there gonna be spaghetti legged .

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The wrestler controls where the fight is fought, that is why so many of the ufc guys have really strong wrestling backgrounds.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Boxing. But on a fight like this, a lot of things can happen. And total different style of fighters.
I used to train boxing for some time and it is a great sport. You exercise and learn how to defend yourself as well. Muay Thai is also great.
A great figher only uses his skills on the ring !

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In terms of MMA it's a no contest. Wrestlers (like Couture) have been far more successful in the octagon.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In terms of MMA it's a no contest. Wrestlers (like Couture) have been far more successful in the octagon.

A interesting bit of trivia, Randy Couture was also a pretty good boxer in the Army.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Common sense you would think boxers but wrestlers have shown to have more success

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both species can be successfully used in life and in the arena.their ****tail is generally a good weapon. Boxer reflects good punches and technique, speed, can cause great damage with one blow. A wrestler is able to tie you in a strap in a knot and to deprive you of your health and movement in a knot. both of these kinds are good.