Boxer or wrestler?

509fio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wrestling...by far. IMO anyone that disagrees has never been exposed to judo/sambo/wrestling etc at at a high level.

Thing is though there are so many similarities. Footwork is the same, same levels of conditioning and mental toughness to succeed and historically athletes that did one always trained the other.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol in a street fight. It's a toss up , If you have heavy fist but have no movement you're going to get absolutely obliterated in just a good ol heads up match. If you're talking a move style street fight where you're just squaring up then a boxer wins hands down. I've watched a few boxers that have been in the sport for years get absolutely worked in bar fights (Im not talking celebrity boxers , just trainers/Boxers from the area" I mean would you expect a heavyweight wrestler to be outmatch by a little superlight boxer? and vice versa? Its a toss up for me

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Wrestlers are more successful in MMI.

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course wrestler has the advantage. Who remembers James Toney (Boxing Champion) vs Randy Couture. It wasn't even close. :D :D

12686.2.jpg

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all it is olympic wrestling not WWE style wrestling he is referring to. Wrestling is the best base for MMA fighting. There is always the threat of a takedown and ground and pound. I am more of a fan of watching two fighters box in the cage but a good wrestler can usually dominate a good boxer by taking him down.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the wrestler will win over the boxer. if we take into account the approximate level of combat intelligence

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my choice is boxing, a dynamic sport full of technics.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MMA fighters today, the top ones, trains a lot to be complete.
Wrestling, Boxing, Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu. The top ones also lift a lot of weight.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most dangerous opponent who has combat sambo techniques[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like boxing I've always wanted to practice boxing, but which of the two sports influence more in the street fight I think it's boxing more is my opinion without certainty

Red0nkulousAK

Red0nkulousAK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime a boxer or striker w/e you wanna call it fights a good wrestler in MMA if the boxer doesn't drop him early then its turns out being a long night for him and either loses a decision or gets submitted. So give me a wrestler w/ a chin all day every day.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the one who has more stamina and skill will win. no matter what kind of martial arts you are master
and of course weight matters

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each has its advantages and being an athlete of any of these sports will give you an edge in the street, in everyday life

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The boxer has only one opportunity-the first blow to send the wrestler to a knockout. If for some reason it did not happen, or the wrestler ducked, then won the last. Watching on TV behind such fights-always wins wrestlers on painful and suffocating. No need to discuss. On the street, on the street, mean street, and for a boxer, and wrestler, and uswest and holder of 5 Dan in karate, their skills, coolness, and achievements in sport is not a bargaining chip. And they can be forgotten or surpassed.

Batruhant

Batruhant

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I have actually tried learning some combat sports at home before. I've always been interested in martial arts and wanted to give it a go, but never had the chance to attend classes. So I started looking up tutorials on YouTube and practicing at home. It definitely wasn't the same as having a proper coach and sparring partners, but it was still a good way to get some exercise and learn some new skills. One thing I found helpful was investing in some MMA home gym equipment. I recently got a punching bag and some gloves, which made it easier to practice my strikes and kicks. It's not a complete substitute for a proper gym, but it's definitely better than just shadowboxing.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't view a street fight, because in it to win in principle can... anyone, in depends on the different circumstances...
But in MMA, I think, the more universal fighters are winning often...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
wrestling I think if you are a wrestler then you will just go to a boxer and all he confirms yours is a fighter like Khabib, he is a fighter and no one has won against him before, boxers always lose to him

M

mcbeaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Also depends on the wrestler. Against wrestlers who were once MMA champions like Rousey or Lesnar, most boxers don't stand a chance in a fight where everything is allowed physically.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nowadays, if you're an one dimensional fighter you are gonna get caught easily like Ben Askren against Masvidal.

fighters like Khabib and GSP were world class wrestlers but also had good striking skills.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if you want to become a legend and leave a legacy, you go to boxing, if you just want a show and fun, then wrestling

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Who is still more successful in battle,

boxer or wrestler?
Which of these sports more influences the victory in MMI or in street fights?
View attachment 233031
In my opinion, the punch of a professional boxer like Klitschko simply cannot be compared to anything. Therefore, it is obvious to me that the boxer will always have an advantage.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wrestling. People look at wrestling and think WWE, although I would not mess with any of those guys, wrestling goes much deeper than entertainment. These guys will toss you about with ease, twist your arms and legs, it would not be fun being on the receiving end.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Boxing for sure, but currently the sport is down with no big names.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A interesting bit of trivia, Randy Couture was also a pretty good boxer in the Army.
Yep, he was also an Olympic alternate in Greco and coached wrestling at Oregon State.

He used to help coach at the Olympic Coach's 3 style wrestling camp every summer.

waitandblead123

waitandblead123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A boxer in a street fight will be better than a wrestler