A-ROD 600!!!!

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who says that the players who "paved" the way didn't have their own dirty little secrets? I'm not saying they did but the
media and testing where never as present as they are now. Secondly where is the line drawn, certain legal supplements can give a player an advantage over others but why are they kosher? People need to get over this steroid shot already, they bumped up testing now to deal with it but before that they did not and players did what they had to do. You don't know if these so called legends did not/ would not do the same

Ok let me address the bold. 1.Aspirin, alcohol, weed, extra-marital affairs. None of the mentioned (if these players were involved in any one of these) is performance enhancing. Unless you're considering Wade Boggs lol:p 2.We'll get over this steroid shot as soon as they stop giving them. And if you think it's all at the pro level...think again and check around. If you're not interested enough let me know, be glad to research and google you plenty of examples.3. You say that so casually..."players did what they had to do"
Well I doubt every player took steroids or "legal" supplements. So how do you feel about those who didn't and competed against those who did?

4. SO CALLED? Dude seriously, Robinson and Aaron...so called? Do you know baseball or are you just here to pretend you know:confused: Google is a wonderful thang. And it's obvious it wasn't availabe or if it was they did not partake. For example...check out Barry Bonds as a Pirate (early on in his career) and then go find pics/vids of him as a Giant. (Funny how that classic home run swing of his in the video only produced a can of corn) Then do the same for Hank Aaron. Notice the difference?
YouTube- ‪Barry Bonds Batting while we look on‬‎

Last edited:
M

mosseyAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steroids should not be considered cheating, anyone who wants them can use them. Also, last i checked it doesn't improve the hand-eye coordination involved in batting. Lastly, AROD sucks a big one.

Albert Pujols!!! Redbirds will win the 2010WS!

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care for him, but he did crack me up one time when they were playing the Red Sox and he was running the bases and the ball was headed out mid field and he yelled, "I got it!" of course resulting in no one catching it. lol

more insight into the mentality of a scumbag cheat

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats pretty impressive i must say even though i dont like the yankees at all. Only 7 players in history have reached that number and he was the youngest.

wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love it. the guy openly admits to using steriods for 3 yrs and that just takes away everything he did for the other 12. steriods may add power to the swing but it does not help with the hand/eye coordination required to hit the ball. he's hit 255 home runs, 803 rbis with a batting average of .294 since joining the yankees 7 yrs ago. so all of those stats are junk because of the 3 yrs of steriod use prior? i guess i dont see the logic behind that.

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations A-Rod!

Just don't do steriods again and you should be fine.

Hitting 600 home runs would be very difficult.

Definitely a great accomplishment IMO.

Woooooot! :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love it. the guy openly admits to using steriods for 3 yrs and that just takes away everything he did for the other 12. steriods may add power to the swing but it does not help with the hand/eye coordination required to hit the ball. he's hit 255 home runs, 803 rbis with a batting average of .294 since joining the yankees 7 yrs ago. so all of those stats are junk because of the 3 yrs of steriod use prior? i guess i dont see the logic behind that.

Without steroids he wouldn't have just hit his 600th HR. A-Roid hitting 600 is the biggest non-event ever. No one cares and when his playing days are done and he's not elected into the HoF he'll regret that he ever used them. He'll have piles of $$s because of them to soothe his soul but he won't have the ultimate recognition that all baseball players dream of. That's good enough for me.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

1) Why do you believe it was only 3 years? Could easily be a "soften the blow by admitting something thats not the whole story" partial admission.

2) When you stop taking steroids, yes you will lose some strength, but you still are left with a lot of the unfair gains.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Why do you believe it was only 3 years? Could easily be a "soften the blow by admitting something thats not the whole story" partial admission.

2) When you stop taking steroids, yes you will lose some strength, but you still are left with a lot of the unfair gains.

Seriously I cannot imagine it was only those three years. Why the heck would he confess to even additional use? The only reason he came out in the first place was because someone found out.

kcfromhb

kcfromhb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took him a while..kind of like my first freeroll win on full tilt. I never thought I would get it done, but then one night...schwing! and there it was. Congrats to A-Rod on that truely awesome feat! !

kcfromhb

kcfromhb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But still, as in any thread that deals with basebal, I have to say...GOOOOOOOO DODGERS! !
:congrats:

M

Mr Whatever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whatever these roided up or hgh clowns do wont impress me.

in his 3rd yr alex hit .358 36hrs and 123 rbis. an all time great season. all thanks to something other than his natural ability.

we all know chemicals help in the power departments. i love the brady anderson example, something like 20-25 hrs the most in 1 yr then poof 50 homers. lolol i didnt get into sosa and mcgwire yrs back, just by looking at em u could tell something was up. yeah and my fav, clemens going up to toronto and going something like 20 and 5 those yrs after considering to retire. lololol.

i dont trust any of em, even 1s that arent associated with drugs ie. . .griffey or pujols.

i just go for what my team does not what 1 person does.

nope nope very few care about alex hitting 600 or 800 homers, or whatever because he cant do it on his own.

we all know henry aaron is still the home run king.

and roger maris is the single season hr champ.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
more insight into the mentality of a scumbag cheat

Reminds me of this play, where he argued until he was blue in the face that he didn't interfere. Best part of that was when the announcer Joe Buck said, "if you can get away with it, why not?" - he was in an advertising campaign with the Boy Scouts of America at that time...wonder if they ever adopted that as their new motto?

Attachments

• ....jpg
    ....jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reminds me of this play, where he argued until he was blue in the face that he didn't interfere. Best part of that was when the announcer Joe Buck said, "if you can get away with it, why not?" - he was in an advertising campaign with the Boy Scouts of America at that time...wonder if they ever adopted that as their new motto?

Lol. Referring to how the Boy Scouts treat the Girl Scouts? On the HBO special Reverse of the Curse of the Bambino one of the guys interviewed (believe he was a comic and might have been Dennis Leary but cannot remember) described the play something like this...Arod was running down to first and swatted at the ball with his Hamburger Helper Gloves. Thought that was funny!:D

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we all know chemicals help in the power departments. i love the brady anderson example, something like 20-25 hrs the most in 1 yr then poof 50 homers. lolol i didnt get into sosa and mcgwire yrs back, just by looking at em u could tell something was up. yeah and my fav, clemens going up to toronto and going something like 20 and 5 those yrs after considering to retire. lololol.

i dont trust any of em, even 1s that arent associated with drugs ie. . .griffey or pujols.

I don't think I'll ever forget that Brady Anderson season. I was like what the heck?! And we all know there's no way people just go and post 30-40 hrs more than they have ever done before lol. And it was even more suspicious he dipped so much the season after.

Then again Cliff Lee suddenly became a superstar after being a career average pitcher at 30. That was pretty amazing :)

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was pulling for Alex to break the home run record, but he's just another steriod user. A pox on all the cheaters' houses.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats amazing is he will probably hit 800, and WILL NOT make the hall of fame, as it should be. I hope the present day baseball writers stick to their guns and don't vote any of these guys in, and explain to the new voters as they come on how important it is not to disgrace the hall of fame with players who cheated to pad stats.
The u-tube video of bonds is a perfect example,,this is your sweet swing without drugs, and this is your sweet swing with drugs.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations A-rod, one of the greatest player that ever played this game, in a down season with 90 RBIs (2nd in MLB) and just a couple of days got into the club of 600 homers and 300 steals [only Mays and Bonds in that club], impressive!!

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certified Cheater? When MLB releases the names of the 104 players that tested positive in that Anonymous MLB Survey Testing, then you can come to me with that "Certified Cheater" bullsh!t!!

Check his numbers....Because he used steroids for 3 years you want to erase and omit his 16-year career....All his hits, RBI's and HR's....that's just brilliant....Let me guess, you are the kind of person that "Never makes mistakes"

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three years is a hella long mistake