A-ROD 600!!!!

B

BabyAcey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alex Rodriguez of the NY Yankees did it, he finally did it, 600 baby!!!! 600 Home runs, he was running dry for abut 46 at bats then BAM, today, WOO HOO!!! If you couldn't tell, I'm a New Yorker!!!

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats,lets hope he stays clean and has 5or6 more productive years and breaks all the records.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, half of those don't count, imo.
But congrats if you are an A-Rod Fan.

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good now that he finally got it hopefully he will start hitting like he usually does.

nascarbabe

nascarbabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no respect for those who use steriods to improve there game...in my book that is cheating....always has always will at least in professional sports

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ARod sucks. Jacked up roid user.

Why are we talking about ARod?

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a-rod is what i consider to be the best gracious player since johnny bench era..back in the 70s they new they were good but never acted too good to sign a ball or toss a ball to a fan..bring back the 70s..

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His records are irrelevant

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care for him, but he did crack me up one time when they were playing the Red Sox and he was running the bases and the ball was headed out mid field and he yelled, "I got it!" of course resulting in no one catching it. lol

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not bad for a professional baseball player who had a huge head start by openly admitting to the use of Steroids. Great Job there A-ROID! You stand among the Home Run ranks of Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire and Jose Canseco. Real Roll Model!

Last edited:
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who talk about steriods like it is the biggest disgrace ever are getting really annoying now.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care for him, but he did crack me up one time when they were playing the Red Sox and he was running the bases and the ball was headed out mid field and he yelled, "I got it!" of course resulting in no one catching it. lol

They were playing Toronto.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They were playing Toronto.
Why did I think it was the Sox, my mistake, it was probably because I am a Sox fan and really only pay attn to those news clips, but this one was perhaps too good for me to walk past the tv without watching, lol

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ARod sucks. Jacked up roid user.

Why are we talking about ARod?

Can we call him ARoid from now on or would that be too confusing? Unless he is also a pain in your teams rear then it fits either way;)

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, but A-Roid has demonstrated a lack of professionalism over and over during his career. Steroids, elbows on the bases during the world series, previously mentioned yell of "got it", and running over the pitcher's mound on his way back to the dugout.

Unfortunately statistics in baseball have lost all meaning. 500 homeruns used to mean something. Now its just another stop on the way to 600 tainted dingers.

And my bitterness has nothing to do with the fact that my Orioles are not only the worst team in baseball, but the haven't made the playoffs since I moved away from the DC area in 1997 and no prospect for turning things around until Angelos is buried somewhere deserving (maybe 6 feet below the pitchers mound in Camden Yards - still the best place to see a game - especially if you're rooting for the visiting team).

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did I think it was the Sox, my mistake, it was probably because I am a Sox fan and really only pay attn to those news clips, but this one was perhaps too good for me to walk past the tv without watching, lol

It was pretty funny, but if it happened in Boston, there would've been a brawl.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The BS he pulled in Boston was when he ran to First base on an infield hit, and the pitcher was covering, he knocked the ball out of the glove and was called OUT, rightly so. THAT, was funny. That's HOOD games.

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SSOOO WWHHAATTT. BORING.
A. Take 1/4 of his "homers" that he hit at (both) Yankee fields off the books. It's a SOFTBALL PARK!!! I know 10th graders that could hit homers out of that place.

B. Take more off for being a CHEATING P.O.S. Any jackass that took steroids should join the Barry Bonds clubhouse of guys that COULD have gone down in BB history as some of the greatest of all time. Instead, they're just part of CLUB JACKASS!!!

C. Nothing good will come of this for MLB because of A-ROD being an overpaid prima dona ( I think he's baseball's most expensive BITCH)

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People who talk about steriods like it is the biggest disgrace ever are getting really annoying now.

Came to post the exact same lol

Care to mention one that is bigger in MLB history? Players who get paid 100+ millions of $$ and cheat to boot are annoying imo. They disgrace the players who paved the way and put up with so much more abuse. To name just a couple, Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron. And please let's not forget how much crap Roger Maris endured the year he chased/broke Ruth's record and yes that includes Yankee fans/press. After all it was "Mantle's team." Just to go a step further. How would you feel about a poker player you have admired who admitted to cheating years after the fact. :confused:

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who says that the players who "paved" the way didn't have their own dirty little secrets? I'm not saying they did but the
media and testing where never as present as they are now. Secondly where is the line drawn, certain legal supplements can give a player an advantage over others but why are they kosher? People need to get over this steroid shot already, they bumped up testing now to deal with it but before that they did not and players did what they had to do. You don't know if these so called legends did not/ would not do the same

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assumed marginal was referring to the use of steroids/peds in general because, and it pains me to say it as I'd love to think all the sportsmen I admire are completely clean, it's quite likely they're not

edit: slow pony and I kinda misinterpreted him anyway

A

AntiKhrist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's about damn time. Maybe ESPN can stop blowing him(Favre-style) and get back to talking about actual games. I know it's a milestone but he's got a long way before it's a record.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats A Rod. Too bad we'll never see you in the hall. Maybe if/when they decide to have pity on bonds the same will be shown to you?