2015 Fantasy Football Interest Thread - Need a Few More!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. gesshoo
2. dakota-xx (paid)
3. bubbasbestbabe (paid)
4. tahoeden
5. thesoxwin (paid)
6. S3mper
7. SofaKingGd (paid)
8. c9h13no3
9. belladonna05 (paid)
10. Robert (paid)
11. NineLions (paid)
12. GotabigSet Paid)

back-up:
teepack
rifflemao

Last edited:
GotabigSet

GotabigSet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Paid in full, 6 bench spots is fine with me. GL HF ~ John

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now the league is complete I'll go ahead and randomize the draft order tonight so everyone can do mock drafts if they want to. ESPN has an option to randomize the draft order.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few things:

1) The depth of the league is a function of the number of players on a roster, and the number of teams. A 14 team league with 8 scoring players will play just like a 10 team league with 11 scoring players.

2) Smaller benches are generally more fun. It makes the keep/cut decision a lot harder. Large benches promote stashing of players, and leaves less options on the WW. I've played with as few as 4 bench spots, and as many as 7. I preferred 4.

3) I really think the way waivers is setup now is dumb. A rolling list means you get 1 player you like all year. The silent auction each week is a far superior way of doing things, and doesn't add any additional time.

What email address do I send money to?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few things:

1) The depth of the league is a function of the number of players on a roster, and the number of teams. A 14 team league with 8 scoring players will play just like a 10 team league with 11 scoring players.

2) Smaller benches are generally more fun. It makes the keep/cut decision a lot harder. Large benches promote stashing of players, and leaves less options on the WW. I've played with as few as 4 bench spots, and as many as 7. I preferred 4.

3) I really think the way waivers is setup now is dumb. A rolling list means you get 1 player you like all year. The silent auction each week is a far superior way of doing things, and doesn't add any additional time.

What email address do I send money to?

I wouldn't even play in a league that only had 4 bench spots - and probably not even 5 ever again - it is just not enough and definitely not more fun. :)

Totally disliked the silent auction - your league is the only one I have ever played in that used it. Every year I say I won't play in a league like that again lol. Finally this year I don't have to. ;)

The email address for payment is in the pm I sent to all of you.

This year we have a few people who have never played in a league before - we are keeping it as close to standard as possible.

SofaKingGd

SofaKingGd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
awesome idea to randomize the draft order tonight! I hate having only a short time to make a draft strategy. Thanks!

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally disliked the silent auction - your league is the only one I have ever played in that used it. Every year I say I won't play in a league like that again lol. Finally this year I don't have to. ;)
What didn't you like about it, besides the fact that you ended the season with $77 left :p

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What didn't you like about it, besides the fact that you ended the season with $77 left :p

Most of the people I know who play fantasy don't like it - it's not rocket science. ;)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here we go! Draft order is:

1. Falco Chicquera
2. Hubba Bubba Boyz
3. Team Scruggs
4. Sofa King Good
5. Team Price
6. Team Mori
7. The Hometown Favorites
8. Tahoe Sharks
9. The Deflator
10. Rise Up
11. Iowa Unknown
12. Leveon a Prayer

Good luck all! Let me know if you want me to enter a team name for those who don't already have one set.

SofaKingGd

SofaKingGd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stupid question - it says 4 teams make playoffs and playoffs are 2 weeks each.

Is it top 2 from each division that make the playoffs? Does #1 in Division A play #2 from Division B?

Never did a league where playoff matchups lasted 2 weeks - should be fun and interesting!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn - sorry - I should have changed that already and have now. We're all in one division for starters so everyone plays everyone - and at the end the 6 teams with the best records get into the play-offs regardless of any division variance. I've also changed the play-offs to one week and top 6 get in. First 2 in regular season get rewarded with a bye in the first play-off round.

Last edited:
Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, prize pool - $240.

1st $140
2nd $70
3rd $30

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm out. You can give an alternate my spot.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. gesshoo
2. dakota-xx (paid)
3. bubbasbestbabe (paid)
4. tahoeden
5. thesoxwin (paid)
6. S3mper
7. SofaKingGd (paid)
8. teepack
9. belladonna05 (paid)
10. Robert (paid)
11. NineLions (paid)
12. GotabigSet Paid)

back-up:
rifflemao

tahoeden

tahoeden

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. gesshoo
2. dakota-xx (paid)
3. bubbasbestbabe (paid)
4. tahoeden
5. thesoxwin (paid)
6. S3mper
7. SofaKingGd (paid)
8. teepack
9. belladonna05 (paid)
10. Robert (paid)
11. NineLions (paid)
12. GotabigSet Paid)

back-up:
rifflemao

Debi sent you $20 on paypal yesterday for the league.

GotabigSet

GotabigSet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I never got the invite (Please resend). I will be checking every hour.

Thanks!

GL HF!