Win without Software?

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish they were banned

I think it is 3rd party software too and therefore should not be allowed. My only interest in a HUD would be to see what it says about my style, but I'm not interested enough to actually get one.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play without a HUD for the most part and im winning player, not necessary but it helps and it will improve ur winrate most certainly if you use HUD correctly, but yeah not needed to be a winner online.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think skills can be measured by success, so at the beginning everyone is green, who makes it into the money turns red, who makes ITM and is red, turns orange and so on...

I see, thanks! It turns out that you have disabled it? Hinders the game?

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to be able to be as successful without a software. I really do... But it would be a lie.

Getting to know as well your opponents by memory as you do with a software is simply impossible.

The computer has overcome human brain yet again. Sad but true.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use Holdem Manager 2 for tracking hands and other stats post game.

I have the HUD running but don't really pay attention to it outside of occasionally looking at the VPIP and PFR percentages of players.

WOW!!! Ive looked (out of interest) for software that may help my game but honestly haven't found any thing i would rely on or pay for...

I would like to believe in the concept that the human mind is all the hardware you need and the software comes with years of practice and learnt behavior...

i mean how many players take their statistical number crunching Apps into a real life face to face Tournaments or local game down the pub or to your friends home for a friendly lol

Its like padding your self out with Creatine while body building, finding the muscle just fills with water making you look buff but not delivering on the power... Don't cheat your self out of big gains later on... Just my opinion don't hate me please... I'm only gaining 20-40 cents every 4 or so Freeroll tournaments without software. Im happy when having fun.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do think that it should be a level playing field for all players. The fact that you can "buy" info on other players seems like a cheat, and I have read enough stuff to know that some are relying on this and are profiting from it.

So... I only have 3 choices: 1) join them, 2) ignore them and accept it or 3) stop playing online.

I have chosen to accept it, but not invest online where this takes place. I have chosen to not join in because my real goal is to master the live game. If I crutch my on-line game, i will only hurt myself when playing live.

Great question!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is it possible to win in poker right now without any soft?

Of course it is! Many of the top HSMTT players don't bother to use it.

I've seen you play and honestly I don't think you need to worry about it as you have lots of room to improve just working on the basics. Good luck on your quest!

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never used the software and do not think of them as very interesting to understand the poker his ability, rather than programs, I would ban all programs used in poker game

vokrugdookola

vokrugdookola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm positive about poker software, it's hard to follow the game and its dynamics when you have 10+ open tables, the software makes it easier to make a decision

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Software&Poker

I use the software to help me to read, study better my opponents and make improvements in my game but I’m the person who makes the decisions by myself not the software so I have to say to win in poker it’s about you not any program or software.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend does not use a HUD and he does pretty well at tournament play on Stars, so yes it can be done.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only just in last two days discovered sharkscope, wow and it's helping me tune up my "Nit" style and pushing me more toward a standard or lose style hmm can I say that? No I mean I see my leaks where I'm not pushing with raising preflop and what positions I'm failing to be more aggressive... Wow

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long time ago I tried some but was not helping me at all. So not using them and I can consider myself as a winning player so answer is yes you can win without anything :)

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer playing online without any software, because i think it's going to help me when i play live. I know there are sometimes a lot of information and statics to analyze before committing to a pot, but i believe that practices makes you a natural. So i'm going to stick with that while i'm playing online. But of course you should use some software if you think that is going to help in long terms.

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play MTTs then it only matters when you're playing against the same regulars all the time. If you play cash tables then the HUDs will definitely help you and even more so if you multi-table.

As pointed out you can also use them to review hands and find leaks in your game and that's probably the most important aspect of it. To become an elite player you'd have to spend a lot of hours away from the table working on your game as well and that's when these programs come in.

On the cash tables a lot of people work with them to exploit other regulars at their tables.

For large MTTs I wouldn't worry too much about it if you're recreational though.

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if you play no more than six tables per session, then the HUD isnt needed, and if you play 20 tables at the same time, then the HUD will be very necessary.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Along with the development of digital technology, the complexity of the game of poker is increasing. Now you can wining without programs, if you carefully play 2 tables, but you can not do without programs during multitabling. The greatest danger for the poker industry is the development of an artificial intellect, which has already defeated a person in such games as chess, a FL Hold'em and even Go. Over time, and nl Hold'em will fall into this list. In my opinion, the only way of development for poker is the elimination of the possibility using players any third-party programs and bots.

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not go against the system, better succeed in this system. If you don't like it, leave it and do something else.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far I am winning without any them, but I play mostly micro-stakes tournaments. As my bankroll increases, I am getting ready to move up, and I have been thinking of learning to use one of these apps, because my competition in the higher stakes will be using them. So, I might use one just to keep-up with others.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless it's a wheel, or broadway.... I need my fingers to count out a straight. It's a bit of a live tell but works online :)

T

TossUpKing

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not see any reason u cant win the same without one. personal preference. yes ive tried them and to me it's easier without one. after time i would probably like it. also depends because some people only play 1 table at a time, and if you are, you should be able to pay enough attention and write notes on players to have a good idea where their head is. # s and hard stats do not replace the former game that you play without this, the basics.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not use HUD when you play, in principle, you can’t use the statistics program to analyze your game just silly. But this is my personal opinion, I did not want to offend anyone. Good luck to everyone at the table (with or without Hud) and in life:D.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
software takes on some of the load that goes to the brain. it makes it easier for the game, but without a deep understanding of the game, the software gives nothing. What is the use of knowing some tsyfry, if you do not know what to do with them. And in the offline game, software does not take with you. It is necessary to develop thinking, all millions of prize money won without software.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In heads up it's really not important to have a HUD imo but for early/mid tournament play I find it can really help you figure out the range of your opponent better.

It would be nice if they weren't allowed but so many people use them, I feel like you're at a slight disadvantage if you don't.

It also lets you know how you're playing too so that you're self aware if you're playing too many hands, being too aggressive etc