Win without Software?

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know, that poker world is always changing. Right now you can find lots of topics about bots, software and some other things.
I think everybody will agree with me, that right now to win in poker is much harder then it was 5 years ago, because many people starting to play poker really better.
Right now i heard a lot about legal different poker software, such as HoldemManager and some others.
Looks like this can help you to win in poker right now, or maybe i am wrong.
What do you think about that. Your opinions?
Is it possible to win in poker right now without any soft?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These programs only indirectly help in the game. I have never used any of the programs and am not going to. All the same, the decision is made by you and not by the program.

D

d3str0y3r

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not being anti software but these programs should not be used in any kind of poker game. Where is the fun, the adrenaline if the program tells you everything? Even if you have 3% chances of winning, why you should not enjoy it? I only will use them for sharpening my style after the game is over..

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Software, BOTS, & OTHER AIDS

Great question and concern. I do not use BOTS. I do not use Other aids. I do use Excel, books concerning strategies (not the story telling types), and hand histories. I make my own decisions. I do not win a lot, but I have a blast. CardsChat is the place to be!
:driver::icon_stud:stupido::ah4::kh4::albertein:motz::boxing::damnmate::vollkomme
You know, that poker world is always changing. Right now you can find lots of topics about bots, software and some other things.
I think everybody will agree with me, that right now to win in poker is much harder then it was 5 years ago, because many people starting to play poker really better.
Right now i heard a lot about legal different poker software, such as HoldemManager and some others.
Looks like this can help you to win in poker right now, or maybe i am wrong.
What do you think about that. Your opinions?
Is it possible to win in poker right now without any soft?

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best software that you can use, is your brain. When you start to use bots, something wrong is going on with your game. The use of programs will only slow down your thinking, and you don't want that when you play for real.

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These type of software programs should not be allowed in any kind of poker game. I think it's makes the game unfair ! However if you are going to play online learn how to Use it ! Every small edge helps and its allowed. And yes you can win without it --- but what I said above.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can 100% win without a HUD. I play on some networks without a HUD and it is very easy to categorize players into different groups without seeing their exact stats. The biggest advantage HUDs give is that you don't have to pay attention as much. However, if you are being observant anyway, that will give you over 50% of what a HUD can do for you.

B

bigmido

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not at all its usefull but only when you had nahy hands with your opp
stil rulls more important than it coz you almost never had enaghe hands in your database

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Personally, I do not use such programs. I play poker and enjoy the game and I do not want to complicate anything. Auxiliary programs will not allow me to become a successful player. Only patience, discipline and perseverance can lead to success.

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It messes with ur mind

Poker is played most of the times on a statistical basis, rather than luck. Now... the brain is able to process all that basic stats in your mind, and if you know your odds, assess your position a bit (and sometimes rely on your gut), all that a software would do, is influence your decision based on way more than basic stats. It can be confusing and most likely lead to a very bad decision. However, post-play software could prove useful in the long term. Using such a program to evaluate your past plays and see what you did wrong in order to increase your knowledge and get better at making decisions, could be beneficial, though replays... mostly serve that purpose.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Huds

I don't use them but if you want to take the thinking out of the game and become a robot. Don't see any fun or real skill involved. It will help if your planning on grinding but I think in the future t it will be banned. People cry about everything and I'm sure eventually this will come up. There not compatible on all sites. If you ever play live you may lose your skill from relying on software. Let's play poker:ciao:

K

kolenval

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moshman said that HUD in heads up isn`t such important

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a pity if others use special programs! It is a pity that such an interesting game is turned into a scam!

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have HM2, but I rarely use it.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not use such programs for playing poker. I always try to be focused on the game and avoid mistakes. Therefore, I consider that such programs are unnecessary.
Good luck.

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUDs are great for multitabling and i love to read the stats :) For me it makes everything just easier and more understandable :)

So i will profit in the long run from it, because i understand poker better every day now, which will also help me on the Live Tables :)

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMHO these tracker programs have only 2 advantages:
-review your game and locate mistakes
-replace colorcoding on sites like ACR

that's almost everything I use it for, because the stats might lead you to wrong decisions. They don't tell you when the hands were played, in what situations, which level of the tournament and so on.
And to answer your question: Sure you can win without HUD, I guess most of the winning players don't use and/or need one, as they have a pokerface, a pokerbrain and a pokerheart.
:boxing:

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... -replace colorcoding on sites like ACR...

What does this "colorcoding" mean? I hear for the first time. Can you explain a little?

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can win without software, but if you also use the software and work on your game, of course the results will improve. I bought a license holdem Manager 2, but since this game is not interesting to me I do not use it. Can change to a stud indicator if there is anyone else.

J

joshua360

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD

Great question. I was going to post a similar question but after reading this thread I'm going to stick with the best software I can get, my brain. Good luck at the tables.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These softwares helps you when you're playing multi tables, but if you play single table or 2 you can play without them if you really concentrate on them and keep an eye on your opponents.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... -replace colorcoding on sites like ACR...

What does this "colorcoding" mean? I hear for the first time. Can you explain a little?
I think skills can be measured by success, so at the beginning everyone is green, who makes it into the money turns red, who makes ITM and is red, turns orange and so on...

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately I have a brain capable of analyzing, processing the information collected on the table and especially to adapt to the style of play of my opponents. I never use software during the game and I arrive at It's true that the level is higher than the age of 5, but between now, my level of play has also improved.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Holdem Manager 2 for tracking hands and other stats post game.

I have the HUD running but don't really pay attention to it outside of occasionally looking at the VPIP and PFR percentages of players.