What to use to track gameplay?

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the quick reply Croco :)

Will it only track players once I have played against them or will it track everyone on the site I'm playing on?

I don't like the idea of sitting down @ a table with opps I've not played against before, yet they have tons of info on me from using tracker.

How common is it from players to have PT4? Or is it the way its more uncommon to not have it? :hmmmm2:

Jollocks

Jollocks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just once you've played against them. It's pretty common to have software like PT4. I prefer Hold 'em manager though.

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the quick reply Croco :)

Will it only track players once I have played against them or will it track everyone on the site I'm playing on?

I don't like the idea of sitting down @ a table with opps I've not played against before, yet they have tons of info on me from using tracker.

How common is it from players to have PT4? Or is it the way its more uncommon to not have it? :hmmmm2:
I am a new player but I think I can answer most of that correctly. It only tracks the stats of people you play against and it does that hand by hand so you need to play against them for some time for the stats to be accurate (you need at least 100 hands for stats like VPIP and that's one of the most basic and important ones ) so no, people won't just have that info on you, there's no universal database, each user gathers data on his own for his own use so it's pretty much a blessing for multi tablers since it remembers said data and just continues to add to it as time passes (and you can make instant judgements and play 15 tables + depending on the stakes )
As for how common it is to use poker tracker 4 or hold em manager 2, I have no idea, I am a newbie but I am going to assume it's pretty popular against most decent players and especially among grinders. (many don't use it, I don't see why you'd handicap yourself and not use them )
Both hold em manager 2 and poker tracker 4 have 30 day trial. I suggest you use both for a month (one a month ) and see which you like most.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Chatters :hello:

So I recently read that Pokertracker is used to track your opponents gameplay.

Actually, PokerTracker tracks your own gameplay, Tracking opponents is a side effect of tracking your own gameplay. We cannot erase your opponents from hands you play, that is why we can track both at the same time. PokerTracker only tracks YOUR hands that the online poker room stores on your computer for you - it does not track the entire site, only the hands and situations you experience.

We advise using our 30 day trial to see if PokerTracker 4 suits your playing workflow. We currently estimate that between 1/5th and 1/6th of all active online players worldwide use PokerTracker or HoldemManager.

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just once you've played against them. It's pretty common to have software like PT4. I prefer Hold 'em manager though.

Hi Jollocks, thanks for your input! Can I ask why you prefer Hold'em manager? I'm quite new to the idea of tracking software, but I've had a look at PT3 & I'm seriously thinking about investing in 1 of the programs so any help would be appreciated :)

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jollocks, thanks for your input! Can I ask why you prefer Hold'em manager? I'm quite new to the idea of tracking software, but I've had a look at PT3 & I'm seriously thinking about investing in 1 of the programs so any help would be appreciated :)
why not check them both yourself ?

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a new player but I think I can answer most of that correctly. It only tracks the stats of people you play against and it does that hand by hand so you need to play against them for some time for the stats to be accurate (you need at least 100 hands for stats like VPIP and that's one of the most basic and important ones ) so no, people won't just have that info on you, there's no universal database, each user gathers data on his own for his own use so it's pretty much a blessing for multi tablers since it remembers said data and just continues to add to it as time passes (and you can make instant judgements and play 15 tables + depending on the stakes )
As for how common it is to use poker tracker 4 or hold em manager 2, I have no idea, I am a newbie but I am going to assume it's pretty popular against most decent players and especially among grinders. (many don't use it, I don't see why you'd handicap yourself and not use them )
Both hold em manager 2 and poker tracker 4 have 30 day trial. I suggest you use both for a month (one a month ) and see which you like most.

Hey Croco, thanks for the quality post :)
Delighted to hear its not a universal database, MTTs are my favorite type of game to play so I'm seriously thinking about investing in some
software. I had a look at PT3 last night & although it was a lil overwhelming on first glance, I can see how it could really benefit my game. Although I'm sure many on here would have sound advice on both programs, I think your right about testing them both first & see which one suits me best. Going to go download one right now :) Good luck on the tables!!

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why not check them both yourself ?

lol just replied to your post Croco & said that's exactly what I'm going to do :)
Still, no harm in hearing others opinions on the matter though.

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol just replied to your post Croco & said that's exactly what I'm going to do :)
Still, no harm in hearing others opinions on the matter though.
good luck with them
They are both quality programs if used well, you can't go wrong whichever you pick. I myself would probably go for hold em manager 2 but they are both awesome :p

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had a look at PT3 & I'm seriously thinking about investing in 1 of the programs so any help would be appreciated :)

PokerTracker 3 will be discontinued in less than 2 weeks, we no longer support PokerTracker 3 - please download the 30 day trial of PokerTracker 4 instead.

D

dwrec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker data software?

Does anyone know of a good legit software for tracking poker data...
I want to know how many hands I play a day,roi, etc... Looking for a free one

Thanks

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No good free software for database and analyzing ... but ROI you will help to see sites opr or sharkscope... Very good software is only paid pt4 or hm2 ( both have a trial version, you can use them for a couple of months are can buy one latter )

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone know of a good legit software for tracking poker data...
I want to know how many hands I play a day,roi, etc... Looking for a free one

Thanks
poker trace 4
or
Holdem manager 2
or
some other similar stuff.

the trial version of the software is free for one month.

legal use in almost every poker room.
and support most of the poker rooms.

Top 10 Games