What means EV bb/100?

Mak7uS

Mak7uS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I`m playing on pokerstars, and im using H2N(poker software). In my tables i see that mine bb/100 is -76.47 and mine EV bb/100 is 94.91. What does it mean? Whats the difference? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• afbeelding_2023-08-18_120651501.png
    afbeelding_2023-08-18_120651501.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 11
Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think shortly said you run bad.
You lose 76.47 bb over 100 hands, EV (expected value) you should win 94.91 bb over 100 hands.
Sample Size matters here a lot these values mean nothing in short term, 50k+ Hands are needed here.

Mak7uS

Mak7uS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I think shortly said you run bad. You lose 76.47 bb over 100 hands, EV (expected Value) you should win 94.91 bb per 100 hands.
Thanks. I have one more question. In H2N i can only see the EV bb/100 stat while im looking at cash table. How can i see tournaments EV bb/100? Because there is only VPIP, PFR, Net won, and ROI% stats. How can i look up mine tournaments EV bb/100Thanks for your help!

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Because there is only VPIP, PFR, Net won, and ROI% stats. How can i look up mine tournaments EV bb/100Thanks for your help!
Those stats do not make sense for MTTs since the blinds rise with time.

Therefore there are other metrics to measure your success, such as ROI, which gives a relation between payout and buyin. A negative ROI means you loose on average, a positive one means you are winning. The higher, the better.

Mak7uS

Mak7uS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips

Therefore there are other metrics to measure your success, such as ROI, which gives a relation between payout and buyin. A negative ROI means you loose on average, a positive one means you are winning. The higher, the better.
i have -99.6% ROI but i hope its because im playing freerolls which are hyper fast so mine range is higher, because i have literally 10 blinds at start and there is 700 hundred players

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i have -99.6% ROI but i hope its because im playing freerolls which are hyper fast so mine range is higher, because i have literally 10 blinds at start and there is 700 hundred players
Yes, those kind of freerolls are like bingo and have nothing to do with poker.

Also with freerolls where there's no buyin, the ROI method also doesn't make a lot of sense.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont use H2N, but pretty sure EV bb/100 is your all-in adjusted winrate. This mean, that the program takes all your hands and calculate, how much equity in the pot, you had, when there was an all-in situation before the river. And then it substitute your actual results from those hands with the calculated numbers. Some people get very hung up on this and think, they are "unlucky", if their all-in adjusted results are better than the actual ones.

But this is a big misunderstanding, because board runouts in all-in before the river situations is only part of luck or variance. In this case your true long term winrate is almost certainly not +94,91 bb / 100, so you got lucky in some other aspects of the game. Maybe you were on the good side of most coolers, like you had AA, when someone else had KK, and then they cracked them. Or your draws completed more frequently, than they statistically should, while those of your opponents mostly bricked out. And so on and so forth.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Can someone, please, share their knowledge of these stats; they are from cash games only; real and play money. I'm not an expert in this field... thanks.
(Posting this here on purpose, seems like a good place to…)

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can someone, please, share their knowledge of these stats; they are from cash games only; real and play money. I'm not an expert in this field... thanks.
View attachment 340621
These things make no sense because you mix playmoney and real money hands.
NL2 is real money
NL10K playmoney, these hands may be for study interest, but most people play playmoney games not serious.
Try to delete the play money hands.
Also there is a lot of info in the manual of H2N that should explain the stats.
Additional Info "Google" is your friend.
Perhaps make a seperate database for playmoney hands.
In HM3 or PT4 you can have multiple databases and switch between them, I am no H2N expert but this should be possible there too.

Last edited:
Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Additional info is the ITM (in the money) value, for decissions if you run good or bad.
Plus analysis if you end up more near the bubble or more near Final table or on the Final table.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
View attachment 340621
Also I would use the old version 3.x for micro stakes it is also free to use.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
@Andyreas's explanation regarding MTT is the correct one I think.
And @fundiver199's explanation regarding the HN2 analysis is also correct.
I will explain my personal experience.
At the level I play which is NL2 and NL5 you don't need to use these programs.
Only by labeling and taking notes you will achieve important achievements.
The only thing that the program can help you with is keeping certain automated statistics of your game, which is very good, and also being able to see the regularity of some players. In NL2, in general, when you apply the program, most of the players give you no data, because in general they are recreational at those levels.
I also think that if you are a player who will take this profession as a job, even more so playing online, you should learn to use the program well because in some situations in NL25 or NL50 they can help you.
But like the odds calculator, I recommend not using these programs and try to play poker in real and present state. Above all, study the game a lot.
I say this because in general every online player sooner or later will want to play live tournaments, and in this case all these tools will be of no use to you. Even supposing that you memorize the infinity of hands and analysis that these programs do, and playing live you yourself will become a living program, then all the charm of the game will be lost.
To make me understand brother, you yourself will be a hud playing, and it will not be you analyzing situations, or making decisions according to your analysis, but you will not be the one who plays.
For all of us who play poker, this game is a passion. At least for me, if I had to start playing in a certain way because a program tells me that I have to play like this, or I have to open like this, or I have to go all in like this, I would not play anymore because I would lose the charm of this so fascinating game.
Greetings:):):)