Sharkscope gets dealt a blow?

How do you feel about sites tracking your every play?

• I don't like having every hand I play tracked/sold to others to use against me.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I don't care that some site is doing this without my express permission, or that I am being tracked

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I think that individuals should be allowed to opt out like entire sites can

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Now that I think about it, maybe that "donkey" just had a good bead on me! Not cool!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don't think this is or could be a disadvantage to me, so I do not care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have explained how it can be used over and over, here and elsewhere. If you do not know, then you need to learn more about poker so you can understand how. I mean, many do agree it gives you a distinct advantage over other players without it. Both the gathered info and some of the programs. Even the sites themselves advertise this. I simply would prefer a level playing field.

Some who use it (and to their clear advantage) despise me for pointing this out. I know you do not wise up a sucker, but I am looking at it from a point of view (level playing field). So we can agree to disagree. No need to attempt to get this thread shut down by arguing. If my opinion, that this is a form of cheating, is not agreed to by someone, why get so upset then? Feeling guilty about it?

Honestly, for a guy who thinks I am so far off base, you sure love to follow my posts and comment adversely in each and everyone. I mean, I was posting in one yesterday and you actually criticized the number of times I had posted. You counted them up and posted that I had "actually posted 20 times in this thread already".

This, from a guy with over 12k posts to a guy with fewer than 800? Come on now, lol. I do not think your post count is in danger from me anytime soon.

Thank you for explaining "over and over" what a HUD is and how it can be used. You must have a good amount of experience on the subject to be able to do that. The problem is that, from reading your post, you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Have you ever even used a HUD? I'll answer that for you, no you haven't

PO's previous post was a joke by the way. The tell tale sign was that I laughed at it. *"lol" means "laugh out loud" btw........ahh "btw" mean "by the way" I don't know wear to stop because you clearly aren't catching on.

Telling a veteran "you need to learn more about poker so you can understand" about something he likely knows a lot more about than you, when you yourself are a beginner is way out of line. Believe me, he actually knows what a HUD is and not just that it uses stats.

Clearly you did not read my previous post or give it much thought, I'll re-post it again for you, maybe think about it:

This thread is ridiculous. Instead of just making things up do a little research before posting, or if you don't care to do so structure the thread something like:

"I just read that Sharkscope tracks people's playing information, does anyone know what they actually track about you (ie. wins/losses, how you play, what type of player you are, etc...)?"

When you tell people things are one way, they tend to believe you and assume you have a clue about what you're talking about which may cause others who are unfamiliar with the subject to get the wrong idea. I mean, if you want people to treat your posts with any credibility I'd think about switching things up.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are not a subscriber, then you have no idea how to use sharkscope, and the small amount of information you are getting from it is inaccurate and often misleading. Newbs run right to sharkscope and then think they know the player they are facing. I find it comical.

All Sharkscope tracks are game results. And unless you can break it down to particular games/stakes (you need to subscribe to do this), you can't really gleen any useful information.

On the other hand, Pokertableratings actually collects hand history. This data is far more objectionable to be out there for everyone to see than are tournament results, IMHO.

My personal belief is that anonymity is bad for the game of internet poker. It's that very self centered nature that keeps internet poker from going mainstream and being available to everyone in the US.