Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Many previous threads on this topic, Short summary, as stated above, download free trials of both, pick the one you like best.

T

tcprix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PT4 vs HM2

I'm sure this has been a topic in here before but when I googled it I could only find forums from a few years ago or more. I am currently using the PT4 trial (the 'TRIAL: PLEASE REGISTER' is super annoying that is on every table and sometimes just 3x a limper that I didn't notice limped while multi-tabling) and it seems to be ok but I notice that a lot of people use HM2 and would just appreciate some input on users using whichever poker hud software you use and what you think pro's/con's are of both programs.

Thanks

avibar

avibar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am currently using hm2 but i think the pt in more comfortable and user friendly .u can set the trial note to be permanent where ever u like in the options

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure this has been a topic in here before but when I googled it I could only find forums from a few years ago or more. I am currently using the PT4 trial (the 'TRIAL: PLEASE REGISTER' is super annoying that is on every table and sometimes just 3x a limper that I didn't notice limped while multi-tabling) and it seems to be ok but I notice that a lot of people use HM2 and would just appreciate some input on users using whichever poker hud software you use and what you think pro's/con's are of both programs.

Thanks

The trial message will disappear once you purchase PokerTracker 4. Our free 30 day trial is designed to help you learn how to use our application, it is not designed for hardcore in-game use where the trial message gets in the way of your play. If you remain unsure which application you wish to use, you can choose to purchase PokerTracker 4 knowing that you have a 14 day money back guarantee - no questions asked. This allows you the flexibility to remove the trial message without a firm commitment.

Also keep in mind that you can try the Holdem Manager 30 day free trial as well. Both PokerTracker and Holdem Manager are owned by the same company, but we remain friendly competitors. Your choice of which application you wish to use should be based on your workflow, both PokerTracker and Holdem Manager address online poker workflow differently. We encourage you to try both, then decide for yourself which option is best for you.

E

edaf_23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker tracker or hold em manager?

need feed back on which is better between the two i play both cash and mtt would appreciate any feed back

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to define which is "better." They both have complementary strengths and weaknesses, and different workflows that appeal to different people. I would recommend you try the trial versions of each and decide for yourself.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've used Pokertracker3, and it was okay.
I've just recently decided to download HM2. The HUD works fine with ACR & BCP. I can get hand histories from Carbon, but I can't get any HUD yet. I had no problem getting a HUD with Carbon using Pokertracker3.
I don't believe I can get anything from Full Flush poker yet.

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Official HM Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've used Pokertracker3, and it was okay.
I've just recently decided to download HM2. The HUD works fine with ACR & BCP. I can get hand histories from Carbon, but I can't get any HUD yet. I had no problem getting a HUD with Carbon using Pokertracker3.
I don't believe I can get anything from Full Flush poker yet.

Please post your questions/problems in the official HM support thread that is stickied at the top of this forum, create a new thread on our official forums or send us an email and we would be glad to help you get your HUD working but this is not the thread where we can provide you this type of support.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

B

BRADYboy2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HM2 for me but with new rules coming in about 3rd party software being banned by PS and PP i wonder what will happen, will we still be able to use a hud only for certain things rather than at tables now? It seems like it after the news tody.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Am going to get back into online poker after a hiatus and I was also going to ask about whether the use of tracking software like HEM and PT is still permitted on poker stars and Full Tilt. What is the current situation?

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Am going to get back into online poker after a hiatus and I was also going to ask about whether the use of tracking software like HEM and PT is still permitted on Poker Stars and Full Tilt. What is the current situation?

Yes, it is still permitted. We have made changes to both to make them compliant with the changing Third Party Tools rules. As long as you have the latest updates you will be able to use the software there with compliant features.

Regards,

Fozzy71
Customer Support
Hold'em Manager

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very cool info in this and thanks for it.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Fozzy. Does HM1 still work on those sites? Appreciate it's not supported anymore.

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Fozzy. Does HM1 still work on those sites? Appreciate it's not supported anymore.

HM1 has not been updated to be compliant with the rule changes and accordingly it is no longer in their list of permitted software.

Regards,

Fozzy71
Customer Support
Hold'em Manager

B

BRADYboy2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HM1 has not been updated to be compliant with the rule changes and accordingly it is no longer in their list of permitted software.

Regards,

Fozzy71
Customer Support
Hold'em Manager

Will HM2 work with the new rules about 3rd party software on sites like partypoker and P/stars that are coming in? Will we still be able to use HUD at table as i don't see the point in using a hud only for sessions and stuff as i can replay sessions via pokerstars and check out that there.

B

BRADYboy2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer HM but i have been using a new 1 that doesn't seem so confusing called Jivaro but it's only applicable to Pokerstars but i love the features and how it sits around players pic with the VPIP, PFR, AGF, etc, in colours, well worth using if not got money to spend on PT or HM or if like me you like to not have a huge hud with all the numbers scattered everywhere on screen, etc.

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will HM2 work with the new rules about 3rd party software on sites like Partypoker and P/stars that are coming in? Will we still be able to use HUD at table as i don't see the point in using a hud only for sessions and stuff as i can replay sessions via Pokerstars and check out that there.

HM2 is now updated for compliance. Please update to this version
http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/8386_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

If party poker ceases writing hand histories or decides to ban software, we will not be able to support them.

udbrky
Customer Support

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which one do you guys recommend? Are there others out there that are good as well? I'm unfamiliar with both of these so any information you can share would be great. The reason I know these two names is because both are compatible with Leak Buster.

Thanks guys!

Btw, I had done this review / evaluation of both of them while back if this helps anyone:

http://www.pokerleakbuster.com/pokertracker-vs-holdemmanager.html

I think it gives a good honest evaluation of them both, and goes over the pros and cons of each.

92Hawaiian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Leak Buster as I understand it does not work for free in normal mode? HM bit buggy ...

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The free version of LB in HM2 gives you access to the first 5 or so steps.

Regards,

Fozzy71
Customer Support
Hold'em Manager

V

Vehuiah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HM2 or PokerTracker4?

Is it better to take the HM2 or Poker Tracker 4? I am new easy!

44Blackhawk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not try them both for free and buy the one you like best. I still use PT3 and Holdem Indicator because I bought them years ago and after trying both PT4 and HM2 I don't feel a need to upgrade.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules