Official PokerTracker Support Thread

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lost all my Stats trying to transfer PT4 from a dead computer to a new one.
I can't use the old address to get help with a ticket
You can open a Support Ticket using any email address even if there isn't an account associated with it.

- Rob

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does this software track all the hands in a tournament or just the hands at your table.
Does it work on freerolls.
Does it work on playmoney.
What is the highest stake the "small stakes" tracker works on.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been using PT4 on my Mac forever. Very solid. Thanks for providing high quality poker software to the Apple community. We do appreciate it!

Last edited:
PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:)Does this software track all the hands in a tournament or just the hands at your table.
Just the hands at your table. poker sites only provide hand histories for the table you are playing on to prevent datamining so what's going on at any of the other tables isn't known.
Does it work on freerolls.
Does it work on playmoney.
Yes although it may depend on the site.
What is the highest stake the "small stakes" tracker works on.
PokerTracker 4 Small Stakes support games up to the following limits:

Maximum No Limit/Pot Limit Cash Games: .25/.50 Blinds
Maximum Limit Cash Games: 0.50/1.00 Blinds
Maximum SNG/Tournaments: 22 buy-in
Been using PT4 on my Mac forever. Very solid. Thanks for providing high quality poker software to the Apple community. We do appreciate it!
Thank you for the feedback :)

- Rob

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How many tables will it track if you are multi-tabeling on one or more sites.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What the basic computer to use it on 5 tables?
May I use it on PS, partypoker, GGPoker and ACR?

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many tables will it track if you are multi-tabeling on one or more sites.
There isn't a hard limit however the actual performance will depend on many factors including your computer hardware, number of tables open, the poker site(s) and your database size.
What the basic computer to use it on 5 tables?
May I use it on PS, PartyPoker, GGPoker and ACR?
If you want to evaluate how PokerTracker 4 works for you I suggest you take advantage of the 14 day free trial:

PokerTracker 4 - Free Trial

Please note however that you cannot use PokerTracker 4 while playing on GGPoker as they do not permit the use of a HUD but hands downloaded from GGPoker can be manually imported into PokerTracker 4 using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'.

The same applies to partypoker.com as they no longer provides downloadable hand history files as you play so a HUD will not work there but you can download hands from the partypoker client afterwards and import them into PokerTracker 4. If you are on a region specific skin with its own player pool that still provides hand history files as you play then a HUD would still be supported:

PartyPoker Configuration Guide

- Rob

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi support

When trying to backup my PT4 database I get the following error message. Please advice.

Validation Started
Validating TOC...Failed.
Archive Validation Error:invalid TOC

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi support

When trying to backup my PT4 database I get the following error message. Please advice.

Validation Started
Validating TOC...Failed.
Archive Validation Error:invalid TOC
Try backing up directly to C:\ and if that works you can then move the backup file where you want. If that does not help try disabling 'Processed Files' from your backup if that's currently enabled. If you need it you can make a separate copy or compressed archive of your 'Processed' folder. If the backup still fails turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this issue and then attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4.

- Rob

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi Support

Sometimes PT4 does not read the fee correctly in tournaments. For example, with the 1.10 Bounty Builder Turbo, only the 0.48 for the prize pool and the 0.50 for the bounty pool are correct. The 0.12 fee are shown as 0.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Support

Sometimes PT4 does not read the fee correctly in tournaments. For example, with the 1.10 Bounty Builder Turbo, only the 0.48 for the prize pool and the 0.50 for the bounty pool are correct. The 0.12 fee are shown as 0.
On what poker site? The information provided in hand histories varies by site and that data may or may not be included in your poker sites hand history files and/or tournament summaries. In cases where tournament summary information isn't included in the files provided by your poker site then you can manually edit the tournaments in PokerTracker 4.

If these tournaments you are referring to are on pokerstars then please make sure you are saving and importing PokerStars tournament summaries as well as the hand histories. We recommend that you have Tournament Summaries set to save in PokerStars (Settings -> Playing History -> Tournament Summaries) and set to import into PT4 (in Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> PokerStars).

If that information is included in the files provided by your poker site or you are not sure then you can attach your examples to a Support Ticket.

- Rob

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I play PokerStars and the summaries of tournament are correktly saved.

D

doroteiamagra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys! Ive been using PT4 for a few weeks now, after realizing how much of an edge other players had on me by viewing my stats.. I always had to make manual notes, which not only take precious time, during which the action in happening (I abbreviate but I do try to put down everything I could grasp from a certain player or maybe even two at once) but you also need to play or watch quite a few hands from an opponent before pinning them down.. This is one of the reasons I dont like multitabling, because often I even have to fold a hand preflop because Im busy writing something down.. still do so a little, but less now that I have the stats to see.

So, I have a couple of questions, and would also like to contribute and get feedback on something.

First, I realize sometimes a player will come into the table and I know Ive played him a few days before, like 20 hands, be it in the same format or another (cash games, SNG, mtt), but Pokertracker wont show them to me, it seems like it begins from 0 again. I tried searching online, first in pokertrackers forum then on reddt and so on.. They say there is a date filter to turn off, but I can never find it.. There is a stacksize filter, but its off (I provided a screenshot at the end of the post).

Second thing, took me a while to get the basic hold of tweaking the HUD.. I still have only a marginal understanding, and so I got the idea of improving from an already existent one, after searching a while for downloadable customized HUDs I set for BlackRains (I dont know if I can mention his full username, but I would gladly post the link to his .pt4 HUD which wasnt all that easy to find, if Im allowed). He has a lite version and a more complete version, I chose the one with fewer numbers so I dont get dazzled with too much information Im not yet prepared to handle.. But I understand that the best ones are the simplest ones, usually with color-coded suffixes that tell you faster if in a determined stat they fair HIGH, LOW or MED with red green and blue, instead of 14% 37% 80%. Ive watched a few streaming players in YT like Majinboob, but I havent gotten around to finding a link to download his HUD, and in fact, all the other HUDs I tried were way too complicated, extense, and hard to tweak down to what I wanted. I really like being able to see stats by position, but I dont know how that could ever fit my screen, alas it be minimized and then pop-upped.

So.. If you guys want to share which HUDs you prefer, or if we can post links here to try them out..
Ill be posting a screenshot of mine, with a quick description:

VPIP / PFR / AGG FREQ / ATT STEAL
n. hands / 3B RATIO / 4B+ RATIO / FOLD ANY PFR / FOLD STEAL
FOLD 3B PREFLOP / F FLOP CB / F TURN CB / F R CB / AVG ALLIN equity
CBET FLOP / CB T / CB R / %TIMES WENT TO SHOWDOWN

Attachments

• HUD.png
    HUD.png
    730.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PT4.png
    PT4.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 7
PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, I realize sometimes a player will come into the table and I know Ive played him a few days before, like 20 hands, be it in the same format or another (cash games, SNG, mtt), but Pokertracker wont show them to me, it seems like it begins from 0 again. I tried searching online, first in pokertrackers forum then on reddt and so on.. They say there is a date filter to turn off, but I can never find it.. There is a stacksize filter, but its off (I provided a screenshot at the end of the post).
If you have played with a player before (and those hands have been imported into PokerTracker 4) and are not seeing those statistics in the HUD then please report this to us with your support bundle so we can check your logs to see what's going on here. To do that turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. After reproducing the issue you've described attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem

Note that cash game data and tournament data are separate and the games play differently so if you've played with a player in a cash game then you will not see those statistics on a tournament table or vice versa.

- Rob

Sash_XXL

Sash_XXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello everyone :)

First of all, huge thanks to CC and PT for the support here in the forum.

I have been using PT4 for a few weeks and still have a lot to learn, e.g. which statistics can I use best for myself. What is the best way to evaluate them?
do you use ready-made HUDs or have you created some yourself? What values are important to you in HUD?

D

doroteiamagra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have played with a player before (and those hands have been imported into PokerTracker 4) and are not seeing those statistics in the HUD then please report this to us with your support bundle so we can check your logs to see what's going on here. To do that turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. After reproducing the issue you've described attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem

Note that cash game data and tournament data are separate and the games play differently so if you've played with a player in a cash game then you will not see those statistics on a tournament table or vice versa.

- Rob
Rob,

Amazing support and attention to your clients! I will be creating a log, but I see what you mean.. CG and MTT stats dont mix. It would be good to have the option to merge them, since the information is still relatively good.. Even though a player might have a different strategy for each, their aggressiveness and general traits should still remain. I still have my doubts though, if Im being presented all hands Ive played in MTTs against a certain player.. Its true some of them I had met in SNGs or CGs, but some I remember playing in MTTs one day earlier, and they show 0 hands even after a few minutes of the player being on the table.

Thanks again, and kind regards.

rion85

rion85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Hi There,

I've just installed the 14days trial version and unfortunately I can't run it.
I've got an error message: Installer failed: The PostgreSQL installer did not complete successfully.
I stopped my antivirus and firewall as well to not dusturb/interrupt the installation... but it didn't help :/

Can someone help me in it?

Thank you so much in advance :)

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've just installed the 14days trial version and unfortunately I can't run it.
I've got an error message: Installer failed: The PostgreSQL installer did not complete successfully.
I stopped my antivirus and firewall as well to not dusturb/interrupt the installation... but it didn't help :/
Please manually download and install PostgreSQL v12 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again but if that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this with you.

- Rob

rion85

rion85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Please manually download and install PostgreSQL v12 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again but if that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this with you.

- Rob
Hi Rob,

it works, thank you so much for your help :) Now it's time to learn, how it works :D

Have a great weekend :)

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello, Do you know if PT4 works with PokerStars.NET? I used to use PT4 on my old laptop and it worked for PokerStars, but I can't get it to work with my new laptop. I think the old laptop has an older version of PokerStars than this one...

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to point to the Hand histore folder, make sure it is in english too.
open PS look where you save your HH put that folder in

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
@spunka I think it might be that I can only get the newer version of PS on the new laptop...there is no HH and no way to view the replay of the last hand like there is with the version on my old laptop...not sure how to get around it...
These are the folders under PS on my new laptop:

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide