How much does a HUD affect your opinion?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Question for those of you who think a HUD affects lots of hands vs my opinion that it doesn't affect all that many.

How lost do you feel playing live?

How lost do you feel playing Bovada, or any site where the HUDS don't work so well?

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I understand it a HUD is basically how you get reads online. You can't use physical tells so you need play frequencies, HUD keeps track of them for you.

I would consider not having one to be leaving money at the table at best.
HUDs not only tell you about your opponents game it can also help you analyse your own game to find weakness and leaksif you know how to use it properly.
Also keeps track of your wins and losses at each stake and game you play.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Question for those of you who think a HUD affects lots of hands vs my opinion that it doesn't affect all that many.

How lost do you feel playing Bovada, or any site where the HUDS don't work so well?

I don't feel lost when playing live but that only implies that a HUD is not a crutch for me. It is extra information and INFORMS my decision-making process. It does not CREATE the decision-making process...

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is really no comparison between live and online. I don't need a HUD live because I'm playing one table at an ungodly slow number of hands against a very small number of unknowns that I will likely never see again, and if I do they'll probably be memorable.

I don't get why people keep trying to equate live and online poker and the tools used for both. You can't. They might as well be two entirely different games.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aleksei I love your sig lol.
I have a tendency to sound way more sure of myself/full of myself than i really am, so I felt a bit of self-deprecation was needed as counterbalance. :p I'm a quick study and I've been dedicating borderline-unhealthy amounts of time to studying strategy, but I'm not that experienced.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I have been using it for like 1 week and i cant play without one anymore. Its a MUST HAVE for anyone reading this that doesnt alreay have one.

I get what you mean DJ about it not affecting every hand. But usually u give it a peak if the hand is escalating. If the hand is a standard hand than , NO, it probably wont do any magic for you.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DJ i use a HUD online and it works out fine.

I play high stakes live and I do well.

You adjust and use the information you have to form an opinion. Its lol easy live when you have no distractions and 1 tabling at 30 hands an hour.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't get me wrong, I use my HUD most of the time, and it always gives me useful info, IF I NEED useful info at that time. Thing is that 90+% of hands play themselves, either a clear fold, call or raise, and that doesn't leave a huge number of hands where the HUD can actually do much. But those hands that can be affected by HUD info can be the edge that we all needed.

Again, it probably won't be the magic bullet, but when you need a gun, it will be the bullet you need.

^^Huh?:confused:

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play HU and in HU you pretty much need a HUD. You need to be adjusting to Villain's tendencies all the time, so you need to keep careful track of his patterns of play.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't get me wrong, I use my HUD most of the time, and it always gives me useful info, IF I NEED useful info at that time. Thing is that 90+% of hands play themselves, either a clear fold, call or raise, and that doesn't leave a huge number of hands where the HUD can actually do much. But those hands that can be affected by HUD info can be the edge that we all needed.

Again, it probably won't be the magic bullet, but when you need a gun, it will be the bullet you need.

^^Huh?:confused:
Im not sure your using your had as much as you can. Cause a lot of situations and hands change based on player information.