How much does a HUD affect your opinion?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys i have a HUD stat question: when i join a new table it always shows me the total of hands ive played against each villain but always starts my hand count from zero. So im looking at my stats always for that particular session.

My question is if i want my stats for that session or my lifetime stats presented in my own stat box?

I mean if im looking at villains lifetime stats ,why is it that i see my session stats when villain sees my lifetime stats? Does anyone understand me.

Does villain see my stats as i see my stats is the question?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys i have a HUD stat question: when i join a new table it always shows me the total of hands ive played against each villain but always starts my hand count from zero. So im looking at my stats always for that particular session.

My question is if i want my stats for that session or my lifetime stats presented in my own stat box?

I mean if im looking at villains lifetime stats ,why is it that i see my session stats when villain sees my lifetime stats? Does anyone understand me.

Does villain see my stats as i see my stats is the question?

We all understand you. If you want your own lifetime stats, you have full access to your entire database. In PTx, we can get us vs them stats.

I find it most useful to know what my villains are seeing me play like today. If I have x amount of hands on each player, I expect they have that many hands on me. Of course, they might be troglodytes, and have no tracker, but it might be less than optimal to assume that. So, for that reason, I prefer to note in notes what the lifetime stats are on my villain, then change the HUD stats to some lower number, maybe 50 hands, so I can see how each of them is playing today. Comparing their lifetime stats vs today's stats can be very revealing as to what sort of mood they are in today. Or whether or not they ran out of drugs......:eek:

Villain will see your lifetime stats as his tracker collected them, unless he to uses my method, and has changed his HUD to show today's hands.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, this is the way HUDs work -- none of them show your lifetime stats. And in MTTs, your stats will also reset to 0 when you change tables.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, sorry its me again with another question. i really want to learn everything about this holdem manager program.

When your looking at your graph, what does non showdown and showdown mean? blue line and red line? how do they work and where are they supposed to be if your doing good?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anyways, i have been playing 2 NL, multitabling as well(lol) and ive played something like 10,500 hands and im break even. it sucks but it is what it is. im going to show you my graph so you can tell me if the blue line and red line are good.

ScreenHunter 11 Apr 11 2302

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, sorry its me again with another question. i really want to learn everything about this holdem manager program.

When your looking at your graph, what does non showdown and showdown mean? blue line and red line? how do they work and where are they supposed to be if your doing good?

Blue line is money won (or lost) at showdown. Which is seeing the river and flippin your cards so to speak. Red line is money won (or lost) without showdown which means you folding or getting villain to fold. Generally I notice redline is negative (from folding blinds/giving up on open raises to 3bets and so on) and blue line should be positive otherwise your calling too much when you're beat

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG man maybe i am retarded but i still dont get it. Why is the blueline in my graph higher than my net won line at some points and at some other points its lower? can u give me an example?

For example: in my graph right off the bat all the way to the left it starts with the line going upwards. lets pretend that that's the first hand of the graph. why is the blue line a bit higher than the green line? if my "net won" and "showdown" are supposed to be the same number?

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG man maybe i am retarded but i still dont get it. Why is the blueline in my graph higher than my net won line at some points and at some other points its lower? can u give me an example?

For example: in my graph right off the bat all the way to the left it starts with the line going upwards. lets pretend that that's the first hand of the graph. why is the blue line a bit higher than the green line? if my "net won" and "showdown" are supposed to be the same number?

No because you are also losing money without showdown therefore your green line will never match the red or blue because its averaging between the two. Maybe someone a bit more experienced can give better details but I believe that's the general idea here.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No because you are also losing money without showdown therefore your green line will never match the red or blue because its averaging between the two. Maybe someone a bit more experienced can give better details but I believe that's the general idea here.
thanks alot for the help bob. i appreciate it.:D

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not averaging them. It's their sum. Your net profit (or loss) will be the combination of the money you win/lose at showdown and the money you win/lose before showdown. So,

red-line + blue-line = green-line.
Showdown winnings + non-showdown winnings = total winnings.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not averaging them. It's their sum. Your net profit (or loss) will be the combination of the money you win/lose at showdown and the money you win/lose before showdown. So,

red-line + blue-line = green-line.
Showdown winnings + non-showdown winnings = total winnings.

That's what I said. Averaging meaning combining I guess but yea

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Erm, sorry but to "average" something is to sum each thing and divide by the number of things. That is not the same thing as summing. I'm a stickler for math - if you're not that's fine lol, but it isn't the same. :)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Erm, sorry but to "average" something is to sum each thing and divide by the number of things. That is not the same thing as summing. I'm a stickler for math - if you're not that's fine lol, but it isn't the same. :)

Lol this sort of nitism doesnt help you when it comes to age :)

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I obv know what the real meaning of averaging is lol. I just used the word in the wrong way once and OP still got the point I was making so i'd say success! :p If he had both lines positive it would make much less sense. But since one is neg and one is pos then my use of the word will work.

Hmm that doesn't make much sense either now...I dunno. Add em up and thats your green lol. There! haha

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
d5b57f8c88915366b756c67583c72204_400.jpg

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heck maybe I'm confused as well having only had one for a little bit. Your blue line (showdown winnings) + your red line (non-showdown winnings) gives you your Net Won. There shouldn't be any more to it than that I'd think lol. I just used a word that didn't fit and was making it more complicated than it had to be :eek:

Edit: Which is exactly what you wrote above. Double :eek:

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol this sort of nitism doesnt help you when it comes to age :)

BS!

If I sum all my selves, and average them out, I arrive at where the physical I was 25 years ago.... Unfortunately, the physical I can not compete....:( The funnest I is the excitable I, followed by the inquisitive I, and tempered by the one bum eye.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol.

Nit-picking mode disengaged.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing online for 5 years, past two nonstop. Never bothered to buy a HUD cause i always thought it was a better idea to deposit the 100 and grind it out. (always seemed to lose it,sooner or later).

What i was wondering is, if i decide to get one, will my game change drastically? Will i suddenly be a winning player if i learn how to use it and what everything means?

Just how much does the Hud stats affect your opinion at a table? Do you base your decisions solely on stats? Because if so then i will be playing a totally different game than what i am currently playing without it. Am i right?

And one more thing. Can a HUD be misleading if rely solely on it ? Meaning cant it get you into trouble if your not too sure how to use it?

thnks for any input.;)
As I understand it a HUD is basically how you get reads online. You can't use physical tells so you need play frequencies, HUD keeps track of them for you.

I would consider not having one to be leaving money at the table at best.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aleksei I love your sig lol.