How to gauge the experience at the table.

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try and pay attention to find the “ anchor “ player who typically wins most pots, in my experience I see more weaker players and get a good gage at how they play against the anchor player

If you think about it: at a 1/2 9 handed table if every hand that’s played to the river takes close to 5 minutes you’re looking at playing 12 hands an hour your looking at playing $36 in blinds if you don’t get a hand worth playing, during that time it’s always good to see how every other player reacts to each other while u wait

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it's best to watch players and color them. Green - fish, yellow - Loos-agresive, red - tight. If there are at least two greens on the table - then you have to play it.

I also like to watch and give players colours. As I play mostly tournaments, this can sometimes mean keeping an eye and changing them over time as it can be misleading if too few hands. However, at micros, most tend to play pretty similar to type and don't seem to deviate much - you can soon distinguish the better, more experienced players imo.