Free Equity Calculator and session review w/ automated range generation

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New Beta of Ace Poker equity Calculator. Comments and feedback appreciated and welcomed.

Cost: FREE
Download: Poker Equity Calculator and Hand Re-Player

Program Highlights:
  • Auto generate hand ranges for your opponent(s) based on how the hand was played
  • Review/re-play, and import hands directly from your HM or PT3 database
  • Weight hands and hand ranges easily based on the likelihood with one click
  • Customize common pre-flop hand ranges and apply them with one click
  • Calculate your bluff equity in any poker situation
  • Tag Hands for review, comment, and export them into RTF documents
Screen shots:

Session Reviewer, and hand re-player. Run multiple different equity calculations, tag and mark hands for later review / export.

Load hands directly from your database. Auto generate hand ranges using no-limit AI. One click weighing of hand ranges. Calculate your break even bluff percentage.

Comment on any tagged hand, and export your hand histories to common forum formats, or into an RTF document for review by your poker coach.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks really interesting, I will download it when I get home from work. Although I have a question, you say "Auto generate hand ranges for your opponent(s) based on how the hand was played". How are you basing this on how the hand was played? Meaning that if the player bets x amount then you assume that he has a good hand or if he check/calls he has a marginal hand? The reason I ask is that there are so many ways that different players play a given spot that it is highly unlikely that this would be even slightly accurate unless you are playing someone who is playing straight ABC or hit to win poker. Other than that it looks really nice from the post, I look forward to testing it.

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks really interesting, I will download it when I get home from work. Although I have a question, you say "Auto generate hand ranges for your opponent(s) based on how the hand was played". How are you basing this on how the hand was played? Meaning that if the player bets x amount then you assume that he has a good hand or if he check/calls he has a marginal hand? The reason I ask is that there are so many ways that different players play a given spot that it is highly unlikely that this would be even slightly accurate unless you are playing someone who is playing straight ABC or hit to win poker. Other than that it looks really nice from the post, I look forward to testing it.

It's using some fairly advanced poker AI to generate the hand ranges. It's not going to be perfect, but it's pretty accurate in most situations. That being said, even when there may be some hand you want to remove or add to the range (which you can easily do), it gives you a quick headstart on what hands to begin with. And for less advanced users, if they aren't sure what hands someone might have in a given situation, it will provide them a framework of what hands you should be considering.

The software is really good if you want one simple solution for reviewing your sessions, making your own notes on hands that can be generated into reports that you can send to a poker coach or friend.

Also, the equity calculator itself is highly evolved. You can paint in the hand ranges you want to select by just hold right mouse button and dragging your mouse over the grid. You can change the weight of an opponent ranges with pre-set selections by left clicking on a hand. And then there's also pre-defined pre and post flop hand ranges that you can edit and save and add to any hand with just one click.

It's still beta, but very stable. After you check it out if you have any comments, please let us know.

Poker Odds Calculator