Do HUD's Work?

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done a 180 on HUDs.
I was under the false impression that tracking software actually read the hand histories of everyone on the site since the site opened. I wasn't aware that you had to actually play against them to get the data.

Having been corrected, I went out and downloaded PokerTracker 4 and it was one of my best decisions ever.

It has already changed the way I look at the game, it even makes me look at live games differently.

Basically it made me aware of "what" to look for and keep track of.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was helped by a friend to make HUD the basic positions for tournaments. Now I'm playing with him. then helps to track what errors were in the game. analysis of hands.
although before that I did not use it.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly, the images in the picture I uploaded above show 4 examples of a 20% range which I used Flopzilla to illustrate. Now obviously two of these are ridiculous depictions. But they show the core of what I've been saying. Knowing a percentage of hands is one thing. Having the ability to deduce what range of hands are in that percentage is where the skill lies. HUDs are not cheating! (Drops the mic)

R

Exactly. And people try and make online poker live poker. It's not live poker. It's online and people play multiple tables and can't see you. It's a different game, but live players can't seem to wrap their heads around this. I've watched this argument go on for 14+ years now.

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used PokerCopilot for 1 month free and I liked very much and I thougt about buying but can confuse your mind sometimes too, I think it helps too see your hand history better, so looking this way, it is more pro things in my opinion

R

roddy1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done a 180 on HUDs.
I was under the false impression that tracking software actually read the hand histories of everyone on the site since the site opened. I wasn't aware that you had to actually play against them to get the data.

Having been corrected, I went out and downloaded PokerTracker 4 and it was one of my best decisions ever.

It has already changed the way I look at the game, it even makes me look at live games differently.

Basically it made me aware of "what" to look for and keep track of.
Glad to hear it! [emoji4] PT4 is useful in so many ways.