ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I’ve noticed a few of my posts concerning wpn deleted recently. Has Cardschat become an official apologist for wpn? Why would legitimate posts that aren’t hostile or obscene be removed? This is not in the best interest of the poker player community and I must admit I’m a little surprised. I understand that recent developments are threatening the very existence of WPN and I understand how that is concerning for the people who profit from it. However, I don’t see how censoring legitimate, diplomatically worded posts helps. It’s actually hurtful for the reputation of Cardschat. Discussing the incompetence of wpn should not be taboo for a reputable site. I must admit I’m disappointed
In this recent change of heart that favors poker site operators over player members. While the administrators here have always been aggravated when people point out the incompetency at wpn, I haven’t seen the efforts to censor legitimate information before and I find it highly concerning that people
would have their legitimate, well thought out concerns deleted in order to protect the interests of poker site operators.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
:)

We are not censoring anyone, but rather deleting posts that do not belong in a support thread. Myself and Debi have posted in that thread multiple times as to which types of posts are acceptable in that thread. We edited the original post since of course our actual posts would eventually get lost in the thread as new posts are made (which happens almost immediately; honestly, no one bothers to read anything, they just jump in and post without looking).

Here is a link to one of the posts that details what is allowed to be posted in the support thread, and what is not. Notice that there is also a link to another non-support thread where you can go to post your grievances. Here, I'll quote it here as well:
Debi said:
To All Members:
This thread is here for these reasons only as stated in the first thread!
  • Customer Support
  • Withdrawals
  • Deposits
  • Tournaments
  • General inquires
It is not here for you to whine about ACR - if you don't like the site play elsewhere.

They have updated their software and all issues with that update have obviously not been resolved yet. Please stop asking for updates and complaining about issues that are a result of the update. The rep will post updates for you - no need to ask for them.

We will be deleting ALL posts that are not related to the above topics and all posts asking for updates and complaining about issues that are a result of the update. If you want to do that you can do it here:

ACR/BCP Update

We delete any non-compliant posts because it makes it harder for the ACR rep to do their job in the thread and for members to get help with their support issues when other off-topic posts cluttering up the thread.

So if you don't want your posts deleted, make sure they are following the guidelines of that thread set forth by both the Admin and Assistant Admin of this site. You can make your "legitimate, diplomatically worded posts" in the thread that is linked in Debi's quote above.

Edit: Having said that, I looked back and saw a couple of your posts that were deleted in the Update thread that shouldn't have been, so restored them. That thread should be the place members go to vent, etc. about the software update but are not really about support issues. We will of course continue to delete other off-topic posts as necessary.

Last edited:
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tammys right come on all ACR Rep is busy as you know what.:eek:
Just post support questions there please so he can do his job and not delay others with support questions by posting rants.:)

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tammys right come on all ACR Rep is busy as you know what.:eek:
Just post support questions there please so he can do his job and not delay others with support questions by posting rants.:)
Considering Tammy just said all of that you’re cluttering up my thread with unnecessary rants lol.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering Tammy just said all of that you’re cluttering up my thread with unnecessary rants lol.

:D:D:p:p

Just contact Tammy or Martin if you think something has been deleted that might need a second opinion. :)

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long story short - because they get a cut. They have deposit codes with WPN which means if a certain number of people deposit using their code, they get $$ in their account. I'm sure they dont want to risk that with truths about the shadiness of WPN being plastered on their site. They also deleted my post on that thread about the rewards system and how many times their inept customer service team has lied about when it will be back. It has to be the most clueless customer service team of all time. They truly have no idea what is really going on - just given a script to talk/type from.

Now you will notice they did not delete the very first post on that thread which praises WPN...;)

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Long story short - because they get a cut. They have deposit codes with WPN which means if a certain number of people deposit using their code, they get $$ in their account. I'm sure they dont want to risk that with truths about the shadiness of WPN being plastered on their site. They also deleted my post on that thread about the rewards system and how many times their inept customer service team has lied about when it will be back. It has to be the most clueless customer service team of all time. They truly have no idea what is really going on - just given a script to talk/type from.

Now you will notice they did not delete the very first post on that thread which praises WPN...;)

You might notice Tammy's explanation in the 2nd post of this thread, a little different to your take on things.

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might notice Tammy's explanation in the 2nd post of this thread, a little different to your take on things.

I did in fact notice that post, which is why it doesnt make sense that the first post is by someone simply saying how awesome WPN is...i guess that one gets to stay although it does not meet her criteria.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I did in fact notice that post, which is why it doesnt make sense that the first post is by someone simply saying how awesome WPN is...i guess that one gets to stay although it does not meet her criteria.

It isn't anything to do with meeting any criteria, more about where it was posted which was in the official ACR rep thread, the rep has enough on their plate without having a number of members moaning in there about the update. The post in question the OP was complaining about was restored when it was realised it was a genuine question which had been deleted in error when someone was cleaning up the thread.

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So no moaning about the update. But saying how great WPN is can stay...got it

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

So no moaning about the update. But saying how great WPN is can stay...got it

You are just being silly.

We do not go around deleting posts by members who moan about WPN or any other site. The forum is FULL of them. You obviously have not even bothered to look around before making your post.

Have you seen the update thread? You know - the one where I directed members to who were moaning about it in a thread that is not here for that? Oh no - guess you didn't bother to look for it either.

Some members moan and whine about every poker site out there - our forum is full of threads and posts that have never been deleted. If we deleted all of that it would take months lol. We have zero interest in doing that.

But what we won't let you do is ruin threads that are here for other purposes - regardless of what you are moaning about.

If any of your whines got deleted it is because you posted them in the wrong place. If you post about your awful basketball game in the same thread we will delete that too. Guess that means we are protecting basketball. :p

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

We do not go around deleting posts by members who moan about WPN or any other site. The forum is FULL of them. You obviously have not even bothered to look around before making your post.

Have you seen the update thread? You know - the one where I directed members to who were moaning about it in a thread that is not here for that? Oh no - guess you didn't bother to look for it either.

Some members moan and whine about every poker site out there - our forum is full of threads and posts that have never been deleted. If we deleted all of that it would take months lol. We have zero interest in doing that.

But what we won't let you do is ruin threads that are here for other purposes - regardless of what you are moaning about.

If any of your whines got deleted it is because you posted them in the wrong place. If you post about your awful basketball game in the same thread we will delete that too. Guess that means we are protecting basketball. :p

Was simply a correct observation:D

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And yes, the posts I make about WPN may seem whiney, but they are simply a warning to the people. WPN is a fraudulent scam, no different than sending your money to a Nigerian Prince. I would not expect someone who gets $ from them (however small) to agree with that. Almost everything WPN does is deceitful.

I think your site is great and you do a lot of great things here. Simply my opinion on WPN.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And yes, the posts I make about WPN may seem whiney, but they are simply a warning to the people. WPN is a fraudulent scam, no different than sending your money to a Nigerian Prince. I would not expect someone who gets $ from them (however small) to agree with that. Almost everything WPN does is deceitful.

I think your site is great and you do a lot of great things here. Simply my opinion on WPN.

And you are entitled to your opinion and are welcome to post it - in your own threads or other threads similar to it. We do not now nor have we ever censored posts about any poker sites.

Of courses we are affiliates - otherwise we wouldn't give members $16k+ worth of free games and merchandise every month. But no poker site has ever asked us to delete negative posts about them nor would we if they did unless they were blatantly non-factual and proven to be so - but to be honest I can't remember that ever happening in the 10+ years I have been running this forum.

They all get bashed everywhere and just deal with it. Members can read the bashing and make their own decisions about where they want to play. It has zero impact on us and our relationship with poker sites when members do that here. :)

So - we have zero incentive or desire to censor that stuff .

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And you are entitled to your opinion and are welcome to post it - in your own threads or other threads similar to it. We do not now nor have we ever censored posts about any poker sites.

Of courses we are affiliates - otherwise we wouldn't give members $16k+ worth of free games and merchandise every month. But no poker site has ever asked us to delete negative posts about them nor would we if they did unless they were blatantly non-factual and proven to be so - but to be honest I can't remember that ever happening in the 10+ years I have been running this forum.

They all get bashed everywhere and just deal with it. Members can read the bashing and make their own decisions about where they want to play. It has zero impact on us and our relationship with poker sites when members do that here. :)

So - we have zero incentive or desire to censor that stuff .

For the record, I think what you do with the freerolls is beyond amazing. Just wish it was a different site:D.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We will start having some freerolls at a different US site soon. :)

Well, this got my attention. Where?! Where?! When?! When?! :elefant:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had to google WPN. I guess if you play at ACR you would know that.

I've learned that the best thing I can do as a consumer if I don't like a company, is to just stop giving that company my business.

I had issues with ACR and their Mac software some time ago so I stopped playing there. Problem solved.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've just googled WPN and found Wizards Play Network, Wizards of the coast... lol Much as i used to love Magic the Gathering I'm sure this isn't what is talked about in this thread...

Please tell me what WPN stands for... Ahhhhhh No worries Winning Poker Network I take it....

Wow I'm a Numpty...

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So I just need to make my own personal comment regarding Sevendeuceoff's posts, and this topic in general because posts like these that are making false assumptions like that I find personally insulting. I'm sure that they didn't intend or set out to do that, but nonetheless, that's what happens. I find it insulting because I consider myself person of integrity; I always strive to do the right thing even when it is not the easy thing. I value honesty above all, even if sometimes the truth hurts.

I would never associate myself with an entity that would require me to be shady and "censor" or cover-up info or keep things quiet from a community that I love for the sake of some other company's profit. How despicable would that be? And I don't appreciate being accused of such of thing, and basically being called a liar when it's pointed out that that is flatly 100% incorrect and false, only to have more incorrect assumptions brought up. And as Debi said that has never happened or been asked of us, and I would never do it if it was.

It also gets my back up when someone I have known and worked with for years, who has been one of my best friends for equally as long basically called a liar as well. Especially since I have only ever known her to be straight-forward and honest for all the many years I have known her, with a heart of gold to boot, and probably one of only two other people in this world who love this forum more than I do.

Maybe that's tldr for some, but I had to get that off my chest.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I just need to make my own personal comment regarding Sevendeuceoff's posts, and this topic in general because posts like these that are making false assumptions like that I find personally insulting. I'm sure that they didn't intend or set out to do that, but nonetheless, that's what happens. I find it insulting because I consider myself person of integrity; I always strive to do the right thing even when it is not the easy thing. I value honesty above all, even if sometimes the truth hurts.

I would never associate myself with an entity that would require me to be shady and "censor" or cover-up info or keep things quiet from a community that I love for the sake of some other company's profit. How despicable would that be? And I don't appreciate being accused of such of thing, and basically being called a liar when it's pointed out that that is flatly 100% incorrect and false, only to have more incorrect assumptions brought up. And as Debi said that has never happened or been asked of us, and I would never do it if it was.

It also gets my back up when someone I have known and worked with for years, who has been one of my best friends for equally as long basically called a liar as well. Especially since I have only ever known her to be straight-forward and honest for all the many years I have known her, with a heart of gold to boot, and probably one of only two other people in this world who love this forum more than I do.

You and Debi are straight -up true blue and much better than I am at handling people and I have only known you thru this forum. Thanks for all you do :)

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suggestion?

We will start having some freerolls at a different US site soon. :)

If CardsChat chooses a different site for daily Free-Rolls may I suggest BetOnline?
( or ignition?, I'm checking them out now )

Seems ACR will be out awhile, and BOL might enjoy the added traffic.
( again checking Ignition, might work, I think ):cool::icon_stud:beerglass

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If CardsChat chooses a different site for daily Free-Rolls may I suggest BetOnline?
( or Ignition?, I'm checking them out now )

Seems ACR will be out awhile, and BOL might enjoy the added traffic.
( again checking Ignition, might work, I think ):cool::icon_stud:beerglass

We aren't choosing another site for our daily freerolls. :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You and Debi are straight -up true blue and much better than I am at handling people and I have only known you thru this forum. Thanks for all you do :)

:love::love::love::love::love:

Status
Not open for further replies.