what is the worst thing you have done after suffering a costly brutal bad beat?

R

razorblades

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what is the worst thing you have done after suffering a costly brutal bad beat?

for me, i won a ticket into wingows $100K monthly tournament by winning a freeroll that awards top 3 entry to the main 100K event. anyways the top 80 payed, 80th place was $375 (or it might have been $350 dont remember exactly). out of 450 players i was in the top 5 for the first 3 hours, anyways we were done to 82 players and tables were going hand-for-hand, i was in fifth place in the tourny, i get pocket aces, i raise the pot after the bb and get reraised all in by someone who has 65% of my chips, i insta-call, he turns over A-K NOT SUITED, he hits running clubs on turn and river, i am furious and angry, very next hand I get pocket queens, after the small blind and AK person calls me (i am bb), i raise the pot and get reraised by the the AK person allin, sb folds, and i call with little hesitation, AK person shows JJ. Flop comes QK8 and i was feeling really good, friggin turn was 9 and river was 10 and i was eliminated in 81 place. I felt like shit and wanted to beat the crap out of the AK guy. I was outraged and somehow without thinking I threw my mouse at my computer screen, my screen was cracked immediately and i ended up dumping a $200 19 inch monitor, from that day i never touched wingows poker.

anyone else willing to share their horrible story, feel free :(

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one time I recieved a bad beat along with a long session of bad play. I bubbled about 5 SNGs in a row, so I decided to chuck some chips at the wall and some went out the window. I was playing with the chips and they were there, in my hand, waiting to be thrown somewhere. I believe I banned myself from online poker for about a week after that.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I threw my baseball cap at the wall. The clasp at the back that held the adjustable strap flew off and I didn't find it for a couple of days. The next day my shoulder hurt from the strain of whipping my hat at the wall.

T

thasauce7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was 18 I took a horrible beat to some kid that was already well off and a total DB, and he just kept rubbing it in so I ended up choking him out. Turns out he was like 15, and his big bro who was a pretty bad character around his parts was pretty upset about it, and decided to try to jump me at a get together that consisted of mainly my friends. I got lucky that my friends were there and nothing happened, but over the next 2 weeks things escalated until a gun was pulled, and soon after I found the kid and squashed everything. But really it was not worth doing that to him, someone could have died over something that dumb.

V

Virv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I punched my laptop screen and the LCDs broke, had to hook it up to a monitor. Ended up eventually buying a new laptop. I've also punched many holes in my wall, but now I've learned to control anger while playing.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was 18 I took a horrible beat to some kid that was already well off and a total DB, and he just kept rubbing it in so I ended up choking him out. Turns out he was like 15, and his big bro who was a pretty bad character around his parts was pretty upset about it, and decided to try to jump me at a get together that consisted of mainly my friends. I got lucky that my friends were there and nothing happened, but over the next 2 weeks things escalated until a gun was pulled, and soon after I found the kid and squashed everything. But really it was not worth doing that to him, someone could have died over something that dumb.

Somebody could've died because of a bad beat. Now that's intense.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, maybe you shouldn't be playing with 15 years olf total douchebags whose brother might pull a gun on you ? DUCY ?

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time, after my Aces got cracked, I walked up to an old lady that was wanting to cross the street and when she asked me to help her I pushed her in the ditch instead...

Not really, I just get frustrated and red in the face. Sometimes I yell. Never broke anything.

L

lottomode777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I beat the crap out of Lee Jone's Low limit hold em book. Almost a year ago when I was a begginer donk, I donated a grand of my college loan in one night on Ultimate Bet. , and grabbed the book and just slammed it on the ground a few times, at the wall once, then probably threw it in the trash, with some of the pages barely hanging on. I grabbed it out later on when I was no longer steaming. Then fast forward to a few months ago, I bubbled in an expensive PLO rebuy at the very last spot before the money due to shortstacks outdrawing me and outliving me. I had already suffered some bad beats that night, so I regrabbed the taped up Low limit book and slammed it on the ground until it wuz nothing but a bunch of pages. Now, it's in a landfill somewhere for good. But, I don't steam as much now anymore, after maturing as a serious player, I've come to accept the losses as a normal part of poker, plus I win more consistently :)
I'd never be so tilted as to ruin my computer, mouse, or 19" lcd, which cost me 300$ a few years back.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time after I suffered a beat I typed in"You stink you poopybag dumbhead",then I proceded with"gosh darn you stupid dingleberry".

After that I calmed down and had a cherry lollipop to sooth my pain:D:D.

L

lottomode777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is probably too embarassed to tell the real stories :(

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Plain vanilla yogurt here, I just do the "$%$^$%$#%" rinse and repeat a few times.

N

nick1611

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a few days ago i got beaten by this one guy who sucked out on me more than once when he had less than 20 or 10% to win, so i picked up the chair i was sitting on and smashed it on the ground.

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I killed a man in Modesto, California after he called my all in move with his A4 off suit against my pocket aces and a flop of A J 5 rainbow. Needless to say he turned and rivered a straight.

(kidding,btw) in case any of you feel like heroes.

Falloooooon

Falloooooon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had this watch that had something wrong with the latch on the wrist. If I clapped my hands, or bumped my arm, the thing would unhinge. It got really annoying; then one time some 2-outer hit and I slapped my hands together and the thing opened up and slid up my arm. I had had enough, took it off and threw it to the ground and it ended up in many pieces.

Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dealt queens, flop comes up A-rag-Q. villian goes all in, I call. He flips over aces. Turn is the last queen, river comes up case ace.

Threw my wireless mouse across the living room, cracked the picture window.

V

Vrilissia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Built up a nice little BR from freerolls $46 and change ... had a very bad beat, and went into Poker Suicide Mode thinking that it would be best for my health and family if I had a zero BR and w/couldn't play poker online again.

Now I'm still playing... but with a drastically reduced BR, $46 to less than $1 in an hour or so of sheer madness on my part.

C

CromMitra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW...that is brutal.nothing close to that just a little swearing followed by some time off from the game

C

CromMitra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I killed a man in Modesto, California after he called my all in move with his A4 off suit against my pocket aces and a flop of A J 5 rainbow. Needless to say he turned and rivered a straight.

that's funny man....lol

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i ripped my shirt right of my own back then sewed it back together...

Tru Story.......

No seriosly, the shirt was yellow! HA

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
One time, after my Aces got cracked, I walked up to an old lady that was wanting to cross the street and when she asked me to help her I pushed her in the ditch instead...

Not really, I just get frustrated and red in the face. Sometimes I yell. Never broke anything.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,
I needed a laugh, you both cracked me up

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one time i pee'd my pants and forgot who i was for about a week.