what is the worst thing you have done after suffering a costly brutal bad beat?

T

tragic.addict

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Similar to the first post, I bubbled in a big tourney after two consecutive bad beats to the same player. I had aces, flopped a boat, aces full of fives. the other guy had j/5 and went all-in. turn comes jack so he hits his boat, but mine's obviously bigger, then he hits the case 5 on the river.

next hand i have j/9 as the big blind, i flop a set of nines and a baby, he raises big so i move in on him, he turns over K/7 off suit. he's got no straight draw and no flush draw, only hope is running kings. of course, turn and river are kings so his kings full of nines beats my nines full of kings.board was 929kk. right then my wife came up and said "what place are you in now hunny?" to which i replied "shut up b*!&%!" without thinking.

haven't been laid since.

just having a laugh. the bad beats were true tho

Biffle16

Biffle16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haven't been laid since.

You were getting laid being married? Dang!!!

K

kdanko@mchsi.com

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need to let my wife read these. She thinks my ranting and rafeing is outta line. The only thing i do is scream at the top of my lungs till it scares my 8 yr old. lol

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People people people - chill out ok :cool:

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 4-5 years ago when US players could still play at pokerroom.com they had these $50,000 guarantee $2 buy in donkarama's to attract new players...well I was deep and ended up bubbling having my AA with a flop of A-7-10 crushed by a guy called my all-in holding K-7 (still makes me pained thinking about it lol) anyways you guessed it turn and river runnered up walking sticks ---77. Anyways my girlfriend at the time had given me a signed copy of holdem for advanced players and it was on my desk open face down and when I looked down and saw that picture of Sklansky (you know the one) I calmly picked up the book took it out back where I target shoot and shot the shit out of ole advanced holdem (emptied a full clip). I've matured since then and now I only push old ladies into ditches.......hehe jk about the biddy...........sklansky story is true though.

Peace

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I ever do is slam my fist down on my desk, I'll probably end up breaking my hand one day if I ever lose enough money :p

H

HungryBobArmsAbilene

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting thread

i have no humility so i ll just come out with it

got drunk and purposely wrecked my truck for the insurance money

there i said it
i m a fraud

:)

PS anything i say on here might not be true

R

razorblades

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
dang you guys have some weird stories, i wonder which ones are really true

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i ate the universe
was it apetizing

when i get a bad beat i normally leave the table and go to a 2-4nl table with my whole roll and go all in first hand
i win some i lose some

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I let a lucky guy get my goat.... when he cracked my Aces playing trash he rubbed it in saying "thank you" in a dripping condecending manner. I got up say "NO! F U!" ..... Felt really bad immediately .... no matter how badly some one treats me I EXPECT myself to be reasonable. BB KING <<< Here's the story on my website.

Even though the guy was a REAL JERK I apologized to him and the table before I left for my emotional outburst.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Worst bad beat, one seat from a wsop seat. Flopped a boat, K over A and the push chip leader went all in...had to call. He hit A over K on the river. I was second in chips, could have tossed the absolut nuts on the flop and coasted long enough to win a $17K package at the 06 WSOP. Out in Tenth place...one from a seat

Didn't touch a card for 6 months, been hard for anyone to put me on tilt since that one. I think the room did more swearing the the guy than I did.

In hind sight, don't think I was realy ready for playing the main event live then. Big difference between playing freerolls vs big bucks......

The game was FTP's freeroll WSOP giveaway in '06. 9 players of 2000 move to second level with 2000 players,9 of that game to final game of 2000 players, last 9 standing won seat package. Do the math, it takes 222 games of 2000 people (444,000 people)to make the next level 2. Can't remember what the final total number of people it took but it was mind blowing how many people played all total to make the last 9 who went to Vegas. Can someone do the math on this and get back to me?

K

Khaosk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played blackjack.

You win.

I'm an internet player, so all I do is type "jackass" in the chat window. I hope I really hurt their feelings. Whenever someone else gets a bad beat, though, I just laugh at them. I guess it's karma.

T_inc

T_inc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
during a 1 table sng 50 dollar buyin a guy once went all-inn in front of me and i looked down to my pockets A i called whit a big smile:Dseeing his A-9 made me smile even more:Dthree hearts on the flop and one on the turn made me gone wild seeing his 9 of hearts so i (bad)beat the crap out of my keyboard(did i mentioned i was on the bubble):mad: but now i have learned to live whit bad beats the only thing i never get used to are the all-inn donks at low-limits and freerolls but they arent worth destroying youre own stuff i just log off and try to forget them ;)and on a table full of all inn suck out donks i just keep in mind that poker is a game where ,if u make the right descisions u still can lose!

pkrplr4116

pkrplr4116

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I punched my Built-To-Order metal cased desktop computer. Nothing happened to it, buy my hand really hurt

smokinbandito12

smokinbandito12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i started playing poker more seriously when i quit drinking which was good for thinking clearly but bad for dealing with frustration. my laptop got tossed off of several tables and kicked a few times. and it still works fine. minor superficial damage and i no longer have a 9 key (but can obv. still type nine by pressing where the key used to be). hooray for mac.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i started playing poker more seriously when i quit drinking which was good for thinking clearly but bad for dealing with frustration. my laptop got tossed off of several tables and kicked a few times. and it still works fine. minor superficial damage and i no longer have a 9 key (but can obv. still type nine by pressing where the key used to be). hooray for mac.

should be a new mac commercial imo

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steam = bad beat(s) = lost entire BR.

Broke lcd monitor

broke keyboard

monitor was unintentional but you know, when it rains it pours.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i shot a man in reno just to watch him die

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get upset by bad beats unless it is against a donk in a tournament that called me with crap(when my image is tight).

When that happens, and if I am not multi-tabling, I sometimes flame them really bad.

I have noticed an unexpected benefit: they and other players assume that I am on tilt(which I am not) and tend to call me more which is good when you get a good hand because you get paid off despite tight image.

Nevertheless, I think it is best to not chat to such players at all.

P

psychoiticmaniac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Dont knw how many of ur stories are true. I had a bad beat in a cash game I had AA and went all in for 50$. Another guy called in with KK. The Flop was 2 6 8 I was happy with it. Then the turn was 10 and finally the river sucked me with a K. I was so angry I dint played poker for a week after that.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow what a sick 4yr. bump just to tell us about a AA < KK aipf totally standard hand.

As far as OP question goes > 'what's the worst thing you have done after .... bad beat?'

My answer: "Telling someone else about it"