What Sites Accept U.S. Players?

R

RickH1983

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need residence not citizenship to play online in canada...citizenship works as well though

You would have to have a legit job to get a visa so you could have a residence. I heard people were trying to get visa's as online poker pro's and they were getting denied.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ar as I know the 888 poker accepts U.S. players, has good tournaments with good prize
No, 888 has never accepted US players. I do hear they may be one of the first online rooms in the US if Federal regulation is passed. They have an agreement Caesers I think.

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No online poker site reports to the IRS. That's on you.

Providing SSN and DL is standard across most poker sites for withdrawals. And if you deposited with a credit card, some will require you to also send a photocopy of the front/back of the credit card. It's the price you pay to play, and as long as you're dealing with the honorable skins it's nothing to really worry about. In this day and age you can't do any sort of financial transaction without SSN and ID anyway, and they already have your CC info if they wanted to steal it.

So it really isn't necessary to pay taxes on it since it can just be a "gift" from some cousin of yours who lives in Costa Rica?

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
k, so I did some digging around. Looks like the BBJ fee is capped at 0.25 and then there's (as far as I can tell) no rake for the Beast jackpot -- it's a rake points system.

So, it's not that bad. Especially when you get up to like 50NL and up and the jackpot tables are still full of gamblers donating to your bottom line.

Jackpot Fee

* For every Hold’em table marked Jackpot that has a minimum of 4 players dealt into the hand; a jackpot fee will be taken from the pot and fed to The Beast and the Bad Beat Jackpot.
* On Stakes $1.00/$2.00 and lower the Jackpot Fee is $0.25:
$0.17 to feed The Beast,
$0.13 is then contributed towards the Cash Race
$0.04 is contributed to the Tournament Race.
$0.08 are taken to feed the Bad Beat Jackpot.

All that plus rake seems kinda greedy to me.............

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep hearing some of these sites are losing money. I looked at the largest buyin tournaments with a guaranteed prize and a lot of them don't take in what they need to pay out. This seems crazy to me. Why don't they pay out the buyins and keep the fees. At least they would break even...or am I missing something?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The rake at winning is high. There is no known way to see how high it is. Nothing on the table, nothing in HH. If you recorded the actual sessions you could go back and figure it out manually, but that is the only real way to know the rake.

I saw one hand where it looked like the rake was 80% on a particular hand. It only looked that way...I hope.

I don't play much ring there for that reason.:eek:

I keep hearing some of these sites are losing money. I looked at the largest buyin tournaments with a guaranteed prize and a lot of them don't take in what they need to pay out. This seems crazy to me. Why don't they pay out the buyins and keep the fees. At least they would break even...or am I missing something?

This has driven me nuts for a long time. They keep guaranteeing tourneys when they don't need to. These over the top guarantees cause things like 3 hour late registration. They really don't need to guarantee a tourney at all.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The cash out thing is the most important criterion, what sense makes even a nice software or tourney offers or personal success in a room, when ist only "play Money" ?!

R

RickH1983

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have recently looked into the bitcoin thing. It seems like a good idea but it seems like it is in the early stages still. The sites looked like they were meant to be used on a Commodore 64. Not only that you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to purchase Bitcoins. Also Bitcoins can only be purchased with a bank account.
With all that being said it could be something that could become better in the future. The software would have to get better. I also feel like you should be able to purchase bitcoins from the site. I did see that Infiniti poker is supposed to start sometime soon. that looks like it is going to be somewhat decent I believe Gavin Smith endorses it.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to get a Commodore or SEGA feeling - try 888 Poker :)
(but they dont accept US players i think)

R

RickH1983

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to get a Commodore or SEGA feeling - try 888 Poker :)
(but they dont accept US players i think)
I have heard people say they loved that site. I have never played there. I am surprised with all of the ads I have seen and how long they have been around that their software is shit.

P

profviru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just signed up with ACR, let's see how it goes. Tried almost all others. Just looking forward to quick withdrawals.

T

TenderWalnut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
US Sites

Here is my rundown of sites I have played on starting with most current:

Bovada - crappy software limits you to 4 tables max in cash and anonymous play almost offsets quick pay outs to where I do not care to play

Lock - soft players, great software...good luck getting your money

Merge (BetUSA, PokerHost, Carbon) - decent action, max free cashout $2500 and it will take 5 weeks. Funny thing was everytime I cashed $2500 I then consistently lost and once rakeback left......so did I, that is why I moved to Lock (big mistake)

R

RickH1983

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just signed up with ACR, let's see how it goes. Tried almost all others. Just looking forward to quick withdrawals.

If you play micro stakes I guess it is ok. I am not a fan of the software.