Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess im the only one who likes pokerstars simple design 10x more than Full Tilts. But I do play on FT and PS about evenly, usually switch from one to the other when my luck goes sour.

V

vytas_r

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess im the only one who likes Pokerstars simple design 10x more than Full Tilts. But I do play on FT and PS about evenly, usually switch from one to the other when my luck goes sour.

probably :) i hate PS layout, but we have a lot to choose from. titan, PP, FTP (which is my personal best) and a lot of others...

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess im the only one who likes Pokerstars simple design 10x more than Full Tilts. But I do play on FT and PS about evenly, usually switch from one to the other when my luck goes sour.

SIMPLE design? More like crappy confusing design.

FTP has the far better design combined with user-friendlyness which is a huge plus.

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've spent and lost so much on full tilt i vow never to deposit anymore money...in full tilt.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Full Tilt & PokerStars about the same for differing reasons. I’m primarily a freeroll/micro tournament player so I’m unable to include cash game experiences in my preference:

PokerStars
  • Like -- Able to upload own avatar
  • Like -- Decreased freeroll fields from 8K/9K to max 5K
  • Really Like -- Support very responsive, consistently same day, & most recent ??? answered within 5 minutes!
  • Like -- Able to see folded cards (vs text) during remainder of hand
  • Like -- ‘Black Theme’ (big cards, very easy to see)
  • Like -- Being able to see who’s ‘sitting out’
  • Like -- Initial deposit, for bonus, allowed in increments
Full Tilt
  • Like -- Not as many lottery-style (all in, all in all in) players as PS
  • Don’t like -- Increased freeroll fields from 2400/2700 to 7500/10,000
  • Don’t like -- Inconsistent Support, sometimes same day & sometimes not; had ??? about FTOPS & did not receive a response until FTOPS was over
  • Like -- Able to see Tournament History online
  • Like -- ‘Max’ option tab for all in bet (sometimes slider on PS doesn't work & I end up keying in amt)
Both sites
  • Like -- Able to minimize tables according to my preference so I’m able to fit 4 tables to screen w/o overlaps (vs Cake Network where minimized tables overlap others -- using a netbook with 11.6“ screen)
Um, that's my story & I'm sticking to it. :p

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Full Tilt & PokerStars about the same for differing reasons. I’m primarily a freeroll/micro tournament player so I’m unable to include cash game experiences in my preference:

PokerStars
  • Like -- Able to upload own avatar
  • Like -- Decreased freeroll fields from 8K/9K to max 5K
  • Really Like -- Support very responsive, consistently same day, & most recent ??? answered within 5 minutes!
  • Like -- Able to see folded cards (vs text) during remainder of hand
  • Like -- ‘Black Theme’ (big cards, very easy to see)
  • Like -- Being able to see who’s ‘sitting out’
  • Like -- Initial deposit, for bonus, allowed in increments
Full Tilt
  • Like -- Not as many lottery-style (all in, all in all in) players as PS
  • Don’t like -- Increased freeroll fields from 2400/2700 to 7500/10,000
  • Don’t like -- Inconsistent Support, sometimes same day & sometimes not; had ??? about FTOPS & did not receive a response until FTOPS was over
  • Like -- Able to see Tournament History online
  • Like -- ‘Max’ option tab for all in bet (sometimes slider on PS doesn't work & I end up keying in amt)
Both sites
  • Like -- Able to minimize tables according to my preference so I’m able to fit 4 tables to screen w/o overlaps (vs Cake Network where minimized tables overlap others -- using a netbook with 11.6“ screen)
Um, that's my story & I'm sticking to it. :p

Nice post - I particulary agree with FTP not displaying folded cards being very annoying and not knoiwing who is sitting out.

I don't like the fact the the cards change on FTP when you make the tables smaller either...

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Confusing? PS's design Couldn't be more straight forward. It's just what you're used to I guess. I find FTP's layout to messy...plus I'm still having issues with their software. See my thread:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/full-tilt-where-buttons-166173/

I'm not "use" to FTP, I actually started playing PS first. Your buttons issue is a personal issue that no one has ever had before, has nothing to do with this.

I guess that is ones opinion, I haven't ran into any poker site that is more simple than FTP.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerman27 there is an option to have the cards not change. I hated when I shrunk my tables and all of a sudden those ridiculous cards were showing. The option is "standard cards at all sizes" from the options menu on the lobby. It is also in the table options.

And if you want to know who's sitting out look back at the text hand history, it tells you. I actually like that they don't show who is sitting out. I also like full tilt better when a person sitting out is all in because of the blinds, PS auto folds them even when they are all in which doesn't make sense to me, but Full Tilt lets the cards be played.

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i picked 2 sites hope thats ok fultilt is user freindly but i like that you can pick your own avitar on poker stars i think the play is about equale between tne sites:cool:

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i picked 2 sites hope thats ok fultilt is user freindly but i like that you can pick your own avitar on poker stars i think the play is about equale between tne sites:cool:

Hrm, you were able to choose 2 sites for the poll? Never thought about that. I wouldve chose both Pokerstars and Full Tilt, but only chose PS.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt has the most bonuses at the moment at is actually worth doing for low volume players.

WVUsellers3

WVUsellers3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both Pokerstars and FTP. FTP's layout is by far better than PS, but I started on PS and I'm used to their layout.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that FTP is wayyyyy more user friendly.

i think pstars is old school and i have custom MODS installed for FTP that make the playing much more enjoyable. Everyones got a different opinion i guess.

L

leon818

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing in Carbon~~;)

the software is easy to use with nice graphics :p

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerman27 there is an option to have the cards not change. I hated when I shrunk my tables and all of a sudden those ridiculous cards were showing. The option is "standard cards at all sizes" from the options menu on the lobby. It is also in the table options.

And if you want to know who's sitting out look back at the text hand history, it tells you. I actually like that they don't show who is sitting out. I also like full tilt better when a person sitting out is all in because of the blinds, PS auto folds them even when they are all in which doesn't make sense to me, but Full Tilt lets the cards be played.

Great - thanks for your help!!

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not "use" to FTP, I actually started playing PS first. Your buttons issue is a personal issue that no one has ever had before, has nothing to do with this.

I guess that is ones opinion, I haven't ran into any poker site that is more simple than FTP.

Don't act like I'm slagging off a member of your family! If I had the chance I'd love to meet you at the tables based on a previous thread you started!! ;)

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that FTP is wayyyyy more user friendly.

i think Pokerstars is old school and i have custom MODS installed for FTP that make the playing much more enjoyable. Everyones got a different opinion i guess.

I must agree, and one thing I really hate about PS is how their tabs don't match up.

1z6zdrl.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/1z6zdrl.png

Messy messy! :icon_puke

S

sasquatch01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like carbon poker its the first site i started playing on and i got used 2 the freerolls and if u win u get an accolade so i thought that was pretty cool and i have been there now about 2 years

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally, I do not care about looks. What site is making me the most money at the time is generally my favorite. And, after all as in almost anything in life, I a usually most fond of my first one!

FullTilt has the best filtering tools! The ability to save and name filter selections is the best thingI have seen yet!

D

DennisC98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My vote is fulltiltpoker since that's the only poker site i like and play there 24/7 don't care about bad beats and all..plus that's the frist poker site i played and see ya at the tables and good luck

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poll is looking pretty much how i thought it would

there could be a bias to the poll there is a thing called the primacy effect and that would probably persuade us to choosing full tilt poker since it is the first one the list i think maybe if i put pokerstars first then it would be closer. but nonetheless people are actually giving their opinions on why they like their rooms but still the primacy effect could make them like full tilt poker since it is the first one but what ever lol no need to get into psychology here.