What do you think of PS Battle of the Planets?

baxterdog21

baxterdog21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually like to play sng (mars level) and I thought I did fairly well at them. Since BOP started, I can't seem to get my game on track. I've been trying to find some weaknesses in my game and change them, so maybe these changes have been slowing me down--growing pains and all that. Anyway I like the idea leaderboards for these games. Another tool to find out how poorly I really do play! LOL.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which is why it makes no sense to play above your limits to clear it. But if you were going to play anyway and get the amount of VPPs anyway, it makes sense to get free money. 20% is better than the 0% I'd get without taking advantage of the bonus.

^^ ditto

almost cleared mine!

BotP actually looked like a cool idea but I'm not gonna take time out from rings to play sngs for it.

I'd clear that many VPPs in a month or so doing what I do anyway so that bonus is pretty much completely free money for me too.

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to run extremely well to place in that leaderboard... I usually play 6 max SNG's, and I would have to win all 20 games for a low orbit block to place well in it... The people who win those things will probably always be the ones who get a lucky upswing in the 27 players SNG's, and I can't be bothered to play those.

crockofdoom

crockofdoom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play one table at a time so am not gonna hold my breath and think I can win anything by making the leaderboard.GL to those who try tho.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play one table at a time so am not gonna hold my breath and think I can win anything by making the leaderboard.GL to those who try tho.

They have a special section for you as well. It takes into account 20 games at time, so if you do well in that period, you can get free money too.

G

GabryRox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to run extremely well to place in that leaderboard... I usually play 6 max SNG's, and I would have to win all 20 games for a low orbit block to place well in it... The people who win those things will probably always be the ones who get a lucky upswing in the 27 players SNG's, and I can't be bothered to play those.

Yup... that has now become apparent to me (unfortunately). I was doing really well in spurts through my first 60 Mars SnG's... was on pace for like 1600+ which would have put me top 10, but my last 40 games completely tanked. Think I had a total of about 200 total in my last 40, which is absolutely pathetic. Just starting running bad and there was nothing I could do to stop it (still what I hate most about poker, btw). So, I ended up not getting close to cash on either board.

Problem now is that my downswing is still in full force... for the 5th straight day! Even went to Mercury level SnG's and ring games, but it's bad everywhere. Maybe I don't understand variance or something, cuz I just don't see how it's possible to go so cold over so many games/hands. I'd understand if I was playing 2 tourneys a day... you could just hit a small unluckly patch... but dozens of games in a row with a combination of crap cards and bad beats? Just seems highly agains the odds to me.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gabry, ive been greak even at cash games for my last 100k hands and am just starting to go back upwards.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The leaderboard is a permanent fix

Last week, I played for a low orbit on the Mercury level and had 472 points, and finished 40th. Got $10 out of it. This week I have finished one 20 game block, and only had 185 or so, but I am going to put in another 20 sng's and try to up my score because the last block I was on a downswing. The leaderboard pays some good money for the higher finishes, and dont forget the 50k shootout tourney

I was actually looking at the low orbit leaderboard and knew I had heard the name Inscore77 somewhere!

Congrats man, I 4-table the 10 man $1 dollar SnGs and wasn't close last week, after thinking it would be quite easy to get top 100 turns out I need quite a heater over the 20 games to get into top 250, lol.

jroyfus

jroyfus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play the 6 buck 9 ppl sit n go turbo's i started last week and well i started off kicking some major arse but i got stupid and moved up to higher tbls and lost most of my funds back and didnt place in either orbit

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 9 persons mean you need to run like god. 45 points for 1st * 20 SNGs = 900 points if you win 20 9 person SNGs in a row.

S

superpiouf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds to be a nice offer but it's really hard being in the leaderboard