Weird players on PS

O

Ollafus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys!

In 2020 I remember playing a $55 (NOT BOUNTY BUILDER - very important) tournament on PS (In the blowout series i think) and at a point at my table sat a guy with the starting stack (probably he just registered - we were in the 2nd or 3rd hour of play) and started to act weird.

The very first hand he played was like this:

Utg shove ( 15bb)
Hj shove (>30bb)
He calls ( probably arround 25bb)

Utg show JJ
Hj show KK
Our hero show 94o

Board 994xx - the guy wins.

Second hand was as strange as the first one

Two players hoved and he called from the bb

1st player - AA
2nd player AKs
The poker pro some low unconnected unsuited cards

Our guy wins again with a 8 or 9 high straight and knocks the other 2 guys out.

After that he played in the same way other 5 or 6 hands by shoving or calling all ins with 2 napkins and won every single hand. The weirdest thing was that he was folding some hands before calling another allin or shoving himself.

After 2 hours of play I woke up with aces in LJ. I raise he calls.

Flop AA5d. In this point I said got you! I shove he calls with 6d4d. When I saw the turn I was sure he will have a straight flush and he did. Turn 3d river 7d and I am out...

Now after almost 2 years I found another guy with the same play in a $22 bounty builder.

I was not able to find these guys on sharkscope or pokerlabs... and honestly I find this extremely weird. If I don't question the honesty of PS when it comes to RNG, i really have my doubts after this kind of encounters...

Is anyone in here who ever experienced something similar?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hi guys!

In 2020 I remember playing a $55 (NOT BOUNTY BUILDER - very important) tournament on PS (In the blowout series i think) and at a point at my table sat a guy with the starting stack (probably he just registered - we were in the 2nd or 3rd hour of play) and started to act weird.

Yes? Even in the cardchat freerolls you could find way too many "weird players" lol ...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Jake Paul would say "Its everyday bro". I think thats why ACR added the ability to fling poo at the table.

O

Ollafus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes? Even in the cardchat freerolls you could find way too many "weird players" lol ...

Yes I know what you are saying but is not that type of weird... The guys you are speaking about are not that special LOL

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Long, long back in time - I recall such happenings at FTP, which poker room was acquired by PS long time ago :p Dunno, maybe they also invented such technics in the same time :D

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Agree with this, when i first started playing them, i thought the standard was pretty good. But lately, i see some incredible bad poker getting played, i don't know if that defines as weird. But i just see too much crazy going on, maybe people don't care about making a few bucks, well don't play them if that's the case & let those that do care for a few bucks battle it out.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't worry about things that happen once in a million times,,,,just move on.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I play on Stars you see this kind of crap a lot. The bad players get lucky sometimes.

When next you see it happen just wait around and observe you will see the bad players loose their chips when the luck runs out.

Hi guys!

The very first hand he played was like this:

Utg shove ( 15bb)
Hj shove (>30bb)
He calls ( probably arround 25bb)

Utg show JJ
Hj show KK
Our hero show 94o

Board 994xx - the guy wins.

Second hand was as strange as the first one

Two players hoved and he called from the bb

1st player - AA
2nd player AKs
The poker pro some low unconnected unsuited cards

Our guy wins again with a 8 or 9 high straight and knocks the other 2 guys out.

After that he played in the same way other 5 or 6 hands by shoving or calling all ins with 2 napkins and won every single hand. The weirdest thing was that he was folding some hands before calling another allin or shoving himself.

After 2 hours of play I woke up with aces in LJ. I raise he calls.

Flop AA5d. In this point I said got you! I shove he calls with 6d4d. When I saw the turn I was sure he will have a straight flush and he did. Turn 3d river 7d and I am out...

Now after almost 2 years I found another guy with the same play in a $22 bounty builder.

I was not able to find these guys on sharkscope or pokerlabs... and honestly I find this extremely weird. If I don't question the honesty of PS when it comes to RNG, i really have my doubts after this kind of encounters...

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not worried I am just intrigued by something weird.
I've seen these players in the past. The intriguing part is when they fold certain hands and then call with trash, regardless of their position or stack size. I haven't seen this kind of play in CC freerolls. Not in any games where the password wasn't leaked anyway. Maybe that's a hint as to what may be going on.

O

Ollafus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen these players in the past. The intriguing part is when they fold certain hands and then call with trash, regardless of their position or stack size.

This is what I find intriguing as well. What/why are they folding after calling with nothing?

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These kinds of players are losing in an enormous rate longterm and when you not see them.

Your description would perfectly fit the term "house-bot". Thats basically a bot of the pokersite itself who collects money by knowing what cards are coming. Do they exist? Who knows. You will have a hard time to proof it especially if you start like here without posting exact hand historys.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any chance you have those hand histories saved in your tracker? I would love to see a replay of that hand, where you flopped quads and ended up losing to a runner-runner straight flush. That must take the price as "bad beat of the year".

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Just played a few tables, met a very interesting player on one of them. I hit him on the ball for one simple reason - he moved me 2 times with obviously the worst hand in the push-fold stage. The first time with J9 (full), the second - T8s (flush). It's strange and unexpected for me. By the way, he won that table with 47, easily accepting a push in XA (I busted 3 and decided to die) and made 2 pair.

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
they play on freerolls without fear because they don’t spend money from their pockets, why there are so many strange things there, but poker is lonely everywhere, you just need to adapt to such morons and use it:)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was not able to find these guys on sharkscope or pokerlabs.

I am not familiar with Pokerlaps. But as far as I know, players can opt out of Sharkscope, and then their profile will not show at all. I have also searched for some players, who were playing like solid regulars, without finding them. I guess, this is order to respect the poker sites policy about data-mining and protection of player privacy.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, in freerolls I would not be suspicious. I often see people randomly go all-in at full hours, before a break. I guess they loose patience and want to quit.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't consider misc click? there are also such unique players, but the dimits are lower, maybe you should write to support - I wonder what they will answer

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
doesn't matter the buy-in every tournament has a hand-full of weird players, but who love those players unless they beat us right? wouldn't you want to play againts those players all day? good amount of times you win againts them, and you will also lose a few againts them, so yes he's a weird player but if we only had good players the game wouldn't be fun at all

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
tldr but there are weird players everywhere

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i avoid shoving against these players unless i have the nuts!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think everyone who has played poker for a long time has experienced something like this. It's very annoying when you then lose against such a person and are thrown out of the tournament. But you can also say that this time he was luckier than me and then ask yourself whether you did everything right. These strange people usually have little idea of real poker and mainly win with luck and listen to their gut feeling. You can't do anything about luck, just like you can't do anything about bad luck. It's always a shame when you lose, and when you lose to people like that, it can be a bit annoying. But that's poker too, it's not just the better one who wins, sometimes it's the one who just had more luck.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some things happen in online poker for a logical reason but it is impossible to know what that is. I will give you an example:
A player wins a ticket to a tourney but they are extremely pressed for time during the day of the tourney with a bunch of work or family things to do.
They late register and try and double up by playing wacko and if they do they can get enough chips that they can go back to working on their main job or whatever it is they are busy with (kids ball game?) and then when they get time again they might have some chips left.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some things happen in online poker for a logical reason but it is impossible to know what that is. I will give you an example:
A player wins a ticket to a tourney but they are extremely pressed for time during the day of the tourney with a bunch of work or family things to do.
They late register and try and double up by playing wacko and if they do they can get enough chips that they can go back to working on their main job or whatever it is they are busy with (kids ball game?) and then when they get time again they might have some chips left.

Good point. In MTTs there will sometimes be players, who are almost deliberately trying to get rid of their chips, because they have to go, and they dont want to just sit out and blind away. The story posted here almost sound to crazy to be true, especially if it was a 55$ MTT. But if we give OP the benefit of the dought, maybe the Villain had won a 55$ ticket to the series, and this was his last chance to use it. But he did not actually have time to play, so he late-reg and splash his chips around, because its better than letting the ticket expire.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While this crazy crap happens more online, what kills me is the times I have seen it live. I have seen so crazy things happen in both cash games and tournaments and while most happen in lowed limits or buy ins, I have seen in in $1K and$1,100 buy in events too.

In my 1st wsop event a guy called my 4 bet jam with JTo, It was not a math call and he was not that short it just came off as i double or go home play. He went home.

In a WPT deepstack main I was in I saw a guy do something similar with some crap hand on the flop. No draw and no pair. and something like 9 high.

Sometime people just donk to donk I guess.