wearing headphones at live games -- seem like bullsh*t to me

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music distracting? Are you all saying you don't listen to music when you play online? Wow.

I listen to music often while playing online - but there is no conversation from the other players or dealers that I need to hear so that is a huge difference for me.

Also - music directly in my ears via headphones is much more distracting than background music in the room.

I have no idea how anyone can hear and focus on a live table with headphones on - I definitely can not. But everyone is different so to each their own. It doesn't bother me unless they are constantly holding up the game - and honestly that does not seem to happen often.

So if the person wants to not listen to table convo and miss out on valuable information why would you object to this? I don't see anything with people listening to music and focusing on their game at the poker table.

Yep - if it is distracting them that is really a good thing for me.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not really for the sake of trying disguise anything, purely because of boredom and not wanting to make chit chat with other people in the room.

It's helps people mentally having some of their favorite music playing in the background.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guys ears would have to wiggle when he was bluffing or something for there to be any reason to wear earphones for disguise :)

haha yeah, that be funny to see actually.

I think the OP was getting it confused with the likes of someone wearing shades and a hoodie as these can be used to not give as much information. Just not sure how you think a pair of headphones could be used to do such a thing though, unless like you say the ears may wiggle lol.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2-7MakesMeRaise;1741776this old guys got white socks and sandals with a shopping bag [/quote said:
uhhhh, you saw me?????????????

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music distracting? Are you all saying you don't listen to music when you play online? Wow.
This is totally different. In my school teachers used to play music in the background to help us concentrate.... it can be used when playing poker too. Just make it quiet and soft and it'll blend in while you can still actually listen to it. You don't get audio tells from players when you play online, which is a big reason not to listen to music when playing.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games