US Poker Players

S

SarahCandatu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone knows when US players can finally get back to the online felt? It's been years since the Black Monday!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
There are many sites that US players can play, sites like Bovada, Carbon, and a few more that I can't think of at the moment.

E

EyegotnutZ77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't tell but I have been playing again for years....actually probably longer.. I don't view it as illegal as an American with rights,,,I don't get the "its ok one minute" and not the next...who is the maker of this law that affects no one but the person making the choice to play the game....poker being against the law is like marijuana being against the law...and video poker or pull tabs are ok but a real poker game online or live is unlawful in one state and not the next or whatever....personal choices that only affect the chooser should not really be governed in such a way...sorry...went on a bit of a rant with that one.

hit the button at the top that says US sites...there are 7 or 8 there...and even more than that...full flush is newer site with solid freerolls, fairly easy bonus to clear...a $125 buy in gets the best deal...its gaining popularity....awesome value in its gtd tourneys....with reasonable fields...a solid place to get reacquainted with online.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many sites still accepting U.S. players as other have said. I would suggest before you deposit anywhere, that you do some diligent research on the site you are considering. The last thing you want is to end up choosing to play at Lock, and making a deposit there. Why, you ask? It's because there are players that have been waiting over a year for a cashout.. Guess what I'm saying is AVOID Lock like the plague.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many sites that US players can play, sites like Bovada, Carbon, and a few more that I can't think of at the moment.

I think Americas Cardroom is ok too.

D

DenverDave

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know if there are realtime, or some what accurate of traffic trackers? I am on Carbon now. But when I get my FTP payout may change sites. I want to find the site with the most players, and best payout reviews.

Thanks
Dave

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bavada , I was there in the states when Black Friday happened, after that I played continuously on bovada with prepaid cards and cashed out checks with no issues. One time I had a little trouble clearing 1k but that was resolved with another check in the mail. The only issue I had was finding the right card to deposit.

S

SarahCandatu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This Bovada is known as bodog before, right? I found out the site had been seized by Homeland Security. Just didn't know when.

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Bovada is known as Bodog before, right? I found out the site had been seized by Homeland Security. Just didn't know when.

Yes about the name change , bodog was seized but then bavada opened up.

Mindset

Mindset

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bovada would be my first recommendation, followed by Carbon.

S

StorkMerriam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon , Bovada , Full Flush Poker , many others all would be better than poker stars with Regulation and increased traffic that regulation would allow...

A

aircasar9876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never even heard of full flush poker. the issue is not what sites allow americans, it doesn't mean much when they can't get over 1000 people in traffic...bovada is the best option but even that isn't the same. if your only downtime is during the night then you pretty much have to play whatever is filling up. doesnt have large tournaments unless it is the weekend. carbon I think is crappy. the sit and goes the last time I played were hyper turbo. That was all that ever filled up

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stork, it seems like all your posts about poker stars is negative, in poker stars defense i have to say they have been the most honest site out there, how many sites buy another, like full-tilt, and pay the players that got bamboozled by full-tilt? Poker stars also made immediate payment to it's American patrons after being hassled by the DOJ. Can you point out ANY other sites that did the same? Most just closed shop, kept the players funds and faded into obscurity. Then you have Bovada, the spin off of Bodog, operated by Calvin Eyre, who is wanted by ICE and on the lam in Antigua, or was his last known whereabouts. At least Bodog and now Bovada pays the players in a timely manner with hardly any issues with the checks. Poker was not the issue with ICE, it was the sportsbetting side and questionable payment processors i think. As for American players getting back on the felt, it's hard to say now that the politicos have an issue to exploit, depends on how many votes they figure they can count on and buy, and if there's enough potential votes out there to worry about consideration of it to start with, and of course how much money they can extract from it.

S

StorkMerriam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stork, it seems like all your posts about poker stars is negative, in poker stars defense i have to say they have been the most honest site out there, how many sites buy another, like full-tilt, and pay the players that got bamboozled by full-tilt? Poker stars also made immediate payment to it's American patrons after being hassled by the DOJ. Can you point out ANY other sites that did the same? Most just closed shop, kept the players funds and faded into obscurity. Then you have Bovada, the spin off of Bodog, operated by Calvin Eyre, who is wanted by ICE and on the lam in Antigua, or was his last known whereabouts. At least Bodog and now Bovada pays the players in a timely manner with hardly any issues with the checks. Poker was not the issue with ICE, it was the sportsbetting side and questionable payment processors i think. As for American players getting back on the felt, it's hard to say now that the politicos have an issue to exploit, depends on how many votes they figure they can count on and buy, and if there's enough potential votes out there to worry about consideration of it to start with, and of course how much money they can extract from it.
Yes I think I have an issue with one site having such a monopoly on poker. They may be the biggest and fair in their dealings , but I still would rather see four or five networks running neck and neck to get our business . I also would like the secure feeling local regulation would afford . Poker Stars has a good reputation , but they need some healthy competition . This keeps most businesses on the ball and i fear poker Stars believe they have a monopoly.

fasteddee74

fasteddee74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone know if there are realtime, or some what accurate of traffic trackers? I am on Carbon now. But when I get my FTP payout may change sites. I want to find the site with the most players, and best payout reviews.

Thanks
Dave

Check out Pokerscout, it shows all rooms and current traffic updated hourly.