Unexpected complications 😒

O

Opstackola

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to get around to this sooner or later but it happened on me tonight so I might as well put something on here about it.
I had some problems making a deposit today and wasn't able to play much last night when I wanted to. When I called support they told me that it was through no fault of my own but something happened in transition or on their end and that I would just have to wait until later.
They told me that it would eventually be deposited to my account but they couldn't even work me in a bonus for a few dollars or anything.
Being how even they said it wasn't my fault and they couldnt speed up the process for me or even comp me a few dollars so I could play I was a little upset about the situation. I believe that's bad customer service on their end to say the least.
I wanted to ask if y'all had problems depositing or withdrawing like that often? I use Americas cardroom now. I haven't tried many of them though. Are there better sites?:jd4:

paisley

paisley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never had that experience at ACR. But I only deposit there with bitcoins. Were you using a credit card? And what bank is the card issued from? That might have something to do with it. I have to say though it sounds strange to me.

M

mrT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm weird and sad for you cause you couldn't play
i play on pokerstars and gotta say the response time is fast these days from the helpdesk
hope all will be good for you m8

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Only time I ever experienced any problem (delay) was using Western Union but that was long ago.

O

Opstackola

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the issues was that they wouldn't take my card. I was using a emerald card from H & R block. I use it to direct deposit my check from work so I figured it would be ok to use it there. They said it fell under their prepaid card category and I couldn't use it.
So I had to use my card to buy a money gram online and do a money transfer. Then they said it could take up to 12 hours. So I wait patiently. After about 6hrs and I look, no funds yet. Check again in about another 3. Started having some concern so I called support and that was when i discovered they refused it.
They were saying that I had filled out the paperwork wrong and put 2 names as the reciever. Fortunatly I had proof that I in fact I had not done that and moreso had done everything right. In that moment I was glad i had taken a few snapshots and had emails receipts. I feel if I didnt have them they wouldve not even done anything for me and just wouldve told me I messed up and wouldve just been out the money completely.
So after I showed them proof that I had done everything correctly and didn't do anything wrong on my end. All they could tell me was that they had already done everything they could do for me and I would just have to wait. They couldn't even comp me a bonus for $5 so I could play a little. At this point they had verified i had followed their procedure correctly and the mistake was on them or at least not on me.
At the end I had to just settle with the knowledge that the money would eventually make it to my account and wasn't completely losing it. I have to say I was a little upset and fwlt like they didnt even try to do anything for me. At that point I remembered why i hadn't played online poker until now lol

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of the issues was that they wouldn't take my card. I was using a emerald card from H & R block. I use it to direct deposit my check from work so I figured it would be ok to use it there. They said it fell under their prepaid card category and I couldn't use it.
So I had to use my card to buy a money gram online and do a money transfer. Then they said it could take up to 12 hours. So I wait patiently. After about 6hrs and I look, no funds yet. Check again in about another 3. Started having some concern so I called support and that was when i discovered they refused it.
They were saying that I had filled out the paperwork wrong and put 2 names as the reciever. Fortunatly I had proof that I in fact I had not done that and moreso had done everything right. In that moment I was glad i had taken a few snapshots and had emails receipts. I feel if I didnt have them they wouldve not even done anything for me and just wouldve told me I messed up and wouldve just been out the money completely.
So after I showed them proof that I had done everything correctly and didn't do anything wrong on my end. All they could tell me was that they had already done everything they could do for me and I would just have to wait. They couldn't even comp me a bonus for $5 so I could play a little. At this point they had verified i had followed their procedure correctly and the mistake was on them or at least not on me.
At the end I had to just settle with the knowledge that the money would eventually make it to my account and wasn't completely losing it. I have to say I was a little upset and fwlt like they didnt even try to do anything for me. At that point I remembered why i hadn't played online poker until now lol
I figured it was WU or MG. The problem I had with that is... not only does the persons name ACR gives you as the receiver have to match, so does your name as the sender. Your name as the sender has to be exactly as it appears on your ACR account or the transaction is going to be screwed up, at least that was my experience. I finally figured out how my middle name was being entered at WU was screwing my transactions up. Even though I got it figured out and had no problems after I got WU and MG to enter my middle name correctly, I was happy when ACR started accepting bitcoin, it is way faster and more convenient for me and I never use WU now, only bitcoin or some other crypto. I have never had a problem with bitcoin or any other crypto. :)

Last edited:
O

Opstackola

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea about the crypto

I was skeptical about playing poker online to begin with. I didn't like the idea for several reasons. I didn't like the idea of pretty much paying to play a game i already had on my phone but now actually giving my information online for that as well as playing a game like that and not being able to gauge the table and people playing. I have to say the presence of a human dealer really shuffling the cards and stuff is comforting when putting money on the table as well...

Now finding that they seem to prefer crypto and make it easier for you to use is to me a serious brow raiser. I'm very skeptical of the crypto. I understand bitcoin seems to be stable and doing good and getting to be accepted in more places. Way I see it tho, its digital, invisible, and not tangable at all. I never seen anybody with a pocket full of bitcoin or pulling it out of their wallet as well as the fact that it could depreciate to the point of being wotlrthless in no time. Also the fact that the dollar is the national currency and accepted everywhere in the nation and many places worldwide is comforting to have and use them lol $$$

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I used the skrill and neteller payment system to make a deposit, and I did not have any problems. As of now, these payment systems are no longer available, so I use my bitcoin wallet. I also play poker on the BetOnline and SportsBetting sites.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was going to get around to this sooner or later but it happened on me tonight so I might as well put something on here about it.
I had some problems making a deposit today and wasn't able to play much last night when I wanted to. When I called support they told me that it was through no fault of my own but something happened in transition or on their end and that I would just have to wait until later.
They told me that it would eventually be deposited to my account but they couldn't even work me in a bonus for a few dollars or anything.
Being how even they said it wasn't my fault and they couldnt speed up the process for me or even comp me a few dollars so I could play I was a little upset about the situation. I believe that's bad customer service on their end to say the least.
I wanted to ask if y'all had problems depositing or withdrawing like that often? I use Americas cardroom now. I haven't tried many of them though. Are there better sites?:jd4:
yes all sites, any sites. It has it's issues too but sports betting is my go to site. However i play all over and ignition, bovado, bet online, global, intertops I personally would suggest any of these over acr heck even 64 spades..lol..thats a joke dont do that.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmm weird and sad for you cause you couldn't play
i play on pokerstars and gotta say the response time is fast these days from the helpdesk
hope all will be good for you m8
Don't rub our noses in it some of us wish we could play at PS but can't.