Total posts
Chips
'Someone' has to pay Phil's and Annie's expenses and buy-ins at the wsop ... :D

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just withdrew my money because altho i like the site, if they are prone to making spontaneous changes to the t&c then i cant stay. i emailed them last week and asked and they said it didnt expire, now 5 days later they tell me something else.

poor business ppl, good bye

Sardonix

Sardonix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i just checked my account and my bonus dollars are gone as well. i made a deposit and they are gone. bonus dollars should not expire. this is just bs. i now hate ultimate bet even more. pokerstars is my first choice now and im just gonna stick with them, although there bonus expires as well they give you more than 90 days and their is a visable date so you know when they expire. i feel like they stole from me in a round about way its fkd up

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny but I got my bonus dollars from winning one of there freerolls owell don't play there much anyhow :icon_sant

bryan24

bryan24

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You guys just scared me into withdrawing all my money from Absolute hehehe

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would withdraw, but i got points i got to make on AP, thought i may just be playing the buy-ins, and freerolls for CC, on UB..
I found out email about 10 times, and they may give you haft of your BDs, thought you would have 90 days to get them.

T

tokentheaces

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My points havent expired..funny

I havent even logged onto my account for like 3 months and I still got em all

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just checked mine and they are gone so filled out the withdraw by check and the hell with them

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bonus dollars are gone, also. I did not have many on there, only $15. They have been on for some time. I stopped playing there when the scandal broke out.

However, I was going to start up again just to clear the bonus, and transfer it all to Absolute. I have rakeback there. Now, I have no reason to play on UB.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OH you don't know how pisted i am, I am trying to get as many emails sent in to UB, So they undo this.

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with drew all but 30 bucks f them they ask why and i told them they took away 180 bonus dollars thats why without a notice so i am withdrawing with out notice !!!! they said it with in thier right to termonate any promotions at any time so i told them thats a great promotoin uve just been screwed out of money .

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with drew all but 30 bucks f them they ask why and i told them they took away 180 bonus dollars thats why without a notice so i am withdrawing with out notice !!!! they said it with in thier right to termonate any promotions at any time so i told them thats a great promotoin uve just been screwed out of money .

LOL ... sounds like UB is the tail trying to wag the dog.

Still can't imagine how Phil and Annie will be able to show their faces anywhere in public for fear of the probable and inevitable questions from 'past' customers.

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who are the idiots running these sites??

They have the right to change the t&cs but they must realise they are going to lose a large % of their customers by doing this.

First Carbon/ Merge mess up their rewards and then their promotions, now UB and Absolute do this...

I am beginning to wonder about whether its worth playing on any sites other than Full Tilt, Pokerstars, bodog and Titan.

If some of the bigger players can do this, then just not worth the risk....

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I to am disappointed in this descion.
I have recently in the last year or so been playing lots of ring games on ultimate bet and now will not play there.
I spent alot of time on there just to rack up points for bonus and now this.

onebourbon

onebourbon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not impressed either...I made $100 deposit in order to withdraw a large chunk - using thew 111% bonus dollars. I've since played well over $300 and they won't release any of the bonus. Tonights UB game might be the last I play there unless they start releasing some of my bonus $$$

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, hmmm... I stuck with them because of the BDs. I had over 1K sitting there, now gone.

Also, I notice that my Points (whatever stupid system they use) are accumulating a lot slower this month, looks like they have changed the rate at which they are accumulated. Don't care to see how they have screwed me there...

Also, my raketherake payments have not come through for 2 months, and the RB FRs have disappeared.

I have 150 points to be able to get some cash back. Will play it out and then I am OUT OF THERE in ring play for good.

One good note: All the regs are gone, so whole new crew at my ring games (stud hi lo); but they are playing very nitty so not much action left, among the few remaining tables.

Way to kill your sites, Cereus!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I told them in a Email that it would kill there site..... What a bunch of jack offs.:D

S

shortshanks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine are gone as well, although I'm sure they were there as recently as last week. No notice of any kind. These were really the only financial incentive to play because the points are basically worthless.

Classy operation...

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone think of a logical explanation for this?

I mean, they have the right to change the promotions as they see fit according to the "terms and conditions" that we all agreed to, but why in the world would they invoke that clause without telling the players that they were going to do it?

I can think of only 2 explanations:

1. It was a complete oversight. They just blew it, nobody thought to tell the players that the bonus dollars would be taken away, or did not realize that there would be such an outcry.
  2. It was a conscious business decision. They knew that this would piss off a lot of the players, but decided that the write-off from removing the bonus dollars from the books was worth more than the money that they would eventually lose from the bad PR. I mean look at recent history....even when it was proven that our site was not legit, people still deposited and played here! Let's see if we can't pull it off again!!

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^ Their actions make no business sense I can see.

If they had notified everyone that rules had changed AND they had 30/60 or whatever days to clear their bonus, would have been much better PR and built traffic at the site.

As it stands they are losing the last of their core membership.

BTW as an aside, I notice some regs are re-appearing with new IDs (I know their chat and play, also their new SNs are takeoffs on the old ones). Looks like a lot of people are closing accounts and then setting up new ones to get bonuses back...

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone think of a logical explanation for this?

<snipped>

I can think of only 2 explanations:
  1. It was a complete oversight. They just blew it, nobody thought to tell the players that the bonus dollars would be taken away, or did not realize that there would be such an outcry.
  2. It was a conscious business decision. They knew that this would piss off a lot of the players, but decided that the write-off from removing the bonus dollars from the books was worth more than the money that they would eventually lose from the bad PR. I mean look at recent history....even when it was proven that our site was not legit, people still deposited and played here! Let's see if we can't pull it off again!!

^^^^ Their actions make no business sense I can see.

<snipped>

BTW as an aside, I notice some regs are re-appearing with new IDs (I know their chat and play, also their new SNs are takeoffs on the old ones). Looks like a lot of people are closing accounts and then setting up new ones to get bonuses back...

Maybe this proves the point that #2 above is CORRECT. Some people just can't get enough of bending over and accepting their punishment without vaseline ... :p

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys just scared me into withdrawing all my money from Absolute hehehe

Surprised Potripper didn't do that tbh

Not really surprised that this is coming from UB. Never did trust them.

allndave

allndave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
glad i cashed out when they changed owners & format

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Probably moving from U.B to A.P or vice versa. Can't use the exact name at both. They would get new bonus/points sytem by moving though, true.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe this proves the point that #2 above is CORRECT. Some people just can't get enough of bending over and accepting their punishment without vaseline ... :p
LOL i think your right :smile:

Probably moving from U.B to A.P or vice versa. Can't use the exact name at both. They would get new bonus/points sytem by moving though, true.
Yeah but AP has, done the same thing to, so in 90 days there points will be gone.
I may play some games, here and there, but i am working on a BR at PS, but i need to play bigger games...