Trip report ( really long)

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me start off by saying that I'm a pain in the butt to play poker with. I needle my opponents all the time, now I dont go to the extreme that Mike or Phil. BUT I do try to manipulate my opponents to get them to do what I want them to do, when the tables get shorthanded I play around alot at the tables because at that point its more of a social thing then a money making thing. Most of the pots when we get shorthanded are not that big so no reason to be too serious. With that in mind that should explain some of my comments, when I tell someone im very strong then Im pretty much always telling the truth.

Ok so day one I spent over 24 hours at the tables, I was not catching a damn thing. I was down like $500 from just missing flops or getting 2nd bests and stuff. A dude at my table had around $2,000 at the table, that is freaking massive at a $1/$2 NL table. Then this hand came up, another guy had almost $1,000 at the table, by the way our table had sooo many damn chips on it, I had like $700 in my stack (which made me +$100 for day), and bunch of other people had giant stacks and there was like $4,000 at our table. Well this guy with $2,000 or so was very aggressive but sometimes he could be a little too aggressive. He got a call from the $1,000 stack and the flop was QAT the aggressive player bet the flop with his QQ and the other guy I think raised. Right away the aggressive player said you got AA. the turn was another A and the river blanked. The other guy had AA for quad's vs. the other dudes Queens full. It was like a $1,500 pot, that is just sick.

I went to bed up $100, I lost in tourney bad with TT vs AK all in preflop and I hit my set and said welp I lost got up to leave only to look back and see guy hit his gutshot. ok on to day 2

Again I started off terrible and down maybe $500 because of a crappy run at $2/$5 NL. I was supposed to leave but I just couldn't leave that much down and I thought I was playing fine. Now whenever Chuck sits with me I call him names the whole time....Donkey, fish, moron and he just always says he is stacking me, fun stuff. So if you are lucky enough to sit with us you have alot of fun. Ok so at this point im playing very very Laggish, you know limping with connectors suited or not, trying to hit a monster. They are not raising alot preflop so im getting great odds to run that kinda stuff. Oh yea and another thing I'm pretty nice to the dealers at Taj so they know im kinda goofy during hands and talk alot during them usually they just laugh at me. my blinds I just complete and dont look at cards and usually ask the dealer to look at it for me and tell me if the hand is any good. Some play along and some dont, actully I dont usually ask them to look they just do. Its all kinda goes along with the image im trying to potray, im trying to make it look like im just some lucky maniac.

Ok so I build my stack up $100 or so just catching some good hands, Im playing against these 2 guys that I play with alot. I have a great read on them and I will call there raises with crazy hands like suited connectors, they are very aggresive and bet alot with less then good hands. I had taken them off hands before with big bets, like when I hit my set on the turn and came over top of them, but this was the big hand. I think I called raise with 6c7c and flop came down 89T rainbow, that is horrible flop. The guy who I know real well bets and I come over top big like $65 of so and he calls. Turn totally blanks but gives me now the redraw to the flush, I instantly push all in and say if you got QJ then you got me. He thinks forever and I say I guess you dont have QJ or you would of called. He finally calls me and puts the pot at like $600 and he calls me with JT. Not the cards I want to see, the river completes my flush not that I needed it and I bust him.

Our table breaks up and we move to another table, I take my $700 and since I came from a broken table I'm allowed to sit with more then the maximum of $300. There are a couple big stacks and like one of the 1st hands I raise with AQ and flop comes down 8XQ, I bet get 2 callers, turn blanks and I bet bigger and get 2 callers again. Now here is where it is interesting, the river pairs the eight and one guy puts in $75, I think and think and think and say I think I got to call you there is like $200 + in the pot, I call. Guy after me folds and he says well you called you got it and mucks. That pot put me at $1,000 at the table. Then different guy raises me, A tight guy that I know well and have played with alot. I re-raise with my KK and other guy calls. The origional raiser pushes all in for like $150 and I get up and start talking. I say " im beat", "I cant belive im going to fold this hand". He basically says " you know what I got". I dont think he really wanted to take my money, of course we are not playing together but we dont like taking eachothers money, we are both strong players looking to take it from weak players but we also will not soft play eachother, thats just not right. I fold my KK and other guy calls with 99 and he flips AA, I dont know how this guy called with 99 because he had to know he had AA by the way we were talking out loud. AA holds and he tells me he is glad I didnt call because like I said im there to take from the weaker players. I do this kinda stuff all the time basically tell people they are beat and they call anyway so I dont see anything wrong with him saying you know what I have, hell he said that outloud and the 99 guy called anyway.

Ok so this new player gets there and buys in short and busts out like 1st hand missing his gutshot. Then he rebuys and doubles up hitting his gutshout then I get AQ and raise and he gets ready to re-raise. Now I dont want this so what I do is say "good I can get you all in" he thinks for minute and changes his mind and says "no I will just call". Basically I did this because I didn't want a re-raise because if its too much I cant call that with AQ even though im sure im ahead its just not worth it to me, he only had like $200 or so in stack so if he puts like $60 in then what do I do if I miss flop? ok so he calls and flop comes down Axx and he pushes it in fast, I got him I know it and insta call, other guy folds and he flips AJ and hits a freaking Jack on the turn. Im pissed now this is 2 times he has really sucked out and it takes my stack down to like $800, well I rebuilt the rest of the night up to about $1250 stack and got off table. I got my money back from him.

here are some of the things I do at table.

if you are trying to make a hard call I will alot of time motion for the all in call, like I will take my chips and push them around from in front of cards to behind. Dealer usually starts grabbing them and putting them back because that is me acting out of turn. Bad etiquette? nah not really , annoying and frustrating ? hell yea, Like I said most of the people there know me and have this false image of me.

I tell the truth alot, if I say I got you then usually I got you, if I say I have a straight I usually have it. Last night I flopped flush and told the players, guys I have flush and bet it all the way down and got called to river. Seems like im just really good at getting you to do what I want.

Get more people to call, I usually only do this in shorthanded fun tables because this isnt something you really should do. preflop if I have something like T8 suited or something I will try to get more people to call by telling them they have terrific odds to call and should call and look at all the money in post and its only $2. Like I said I usually never do that at full table because that is more serious, most dealers dont mind at a fun short table but once in awhile you get one. Now at higher limits like 5/10 I wouldn't do this because those players are way to serious, I feel like alot of 1/2 players are there to have fun and If I can make them smile while im taking their money then I will be happy to do it.

One thing I did and not meaning to do it was when I won a hand I jumped up and yelled something like YES GIVE IT. I don't normally do this and I made this mistake this time and think I made guy full like junk, dealer actually said something to me and I felt bad. I sucked out with 2 pair that filled up on river to a set. It was bad beat but wasnt badly played by either side. I didnt mean to act like that but the way my day was going it was just built up and to finally get lucky it just came out. Dont do this.

Thats about it, I came home up about $450 total. If you ever come to Taj and hear everyone laughing at a table, look for me because that will be my table.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds like a great time! My husband and I just went to Tahoe for the weekend. We played poker pretty much the whole time. I LOVE a table where I can joke and laugh with the other players--makes things interesting. I'm there to make a little money, but also to have fun. We were lucky to hit good tables with fun people all night.

We ended up basically having our trip paid for and then some. We both came up ahead about $300-$400...each. But it's kind of sick when my cousin ended up over $1000....playing the slots. :eek:

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well

I have pretty much totally lost interest in tourney play all together, to me it seems like a big waste of time to sit there all day just to maybe make a couple hundred. Like Chuck played a $80 sit and go while I sat at my NL cash game, he got 2nd and got like $120 or so, I was up at my cash game +$400 in about same amount of time.

Also I think some people play cash games way too tight or way too loose, Im in the middle somewhere, yes I will run what others think are junk, 56,34,35,46... I will even call raises with them sometimes against certain players. I wouldn't call the raise from a Tight solid player but against a loose player hell yes, if I hit and he hits a piece I will make enough off him to cover when I don't hit.

I basically sat there and watched yesterday players fold, fold, fold, fold and watched there stacks go down, down, down, down. And I watched players raise preflop and always call flop and fold turn or river when there AK or whatever didnt catch up.

I won a great pot yesterday with I think 3-5, I flopped the gutshot and player I did not respect bet $20, no normally Im folding this....fast, BUT against this certain player I will call because I feel I can milk him if I hit and a 4 came on turn, I was sitting there going come on 4 come on 4 Im pretty sure my neighbors sitting next to me heard me but guess he didn't, he was like 2 or 3 seats away. When 4 hit I check raised him to like $60 and think he even payed me off on river so it made up for all times I miss there. But there is also no way to bluff those kinda players, I watched him call down with 22 all the way to river with a board of all high cards. funny thing is he won with them though.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I hear you. There is such a mix of players at live tables. It seems we had a LOT of regulars though. Everyone seemed to know each other at all our tables. I tend to have a pretty tight image, and it was funny to see how my raises were respected so much. I think I only had to showdown maybe twice (luckily w/ the best hand), so it made it easier for me to steal pots. :D

We did actually play in a tournament. It took probably all told 2 hours. I busted out a few spots before the final table, but Matt (my husband) placed 4th for about $290.

The really sweet part of the trip was when we first went to play, and sat down at a new $2/$3 NL table at Harvey's. Since everyone had just sat down, of course everyone was buying chips. I bought in for $100, the dealer gave me my chips (she was working on about three different people). I eye-balled my stack, I thought it looked a little "large". I, however, was not about to count it out again. :D So I just went with it. :p

We had a couple of young "pros" at the table. One in particular who thought he was especially good, and talked constantly. I think he was doing it to try and confuse the table as to his style of play--you know, trying to mix it up. The problem was, it was so easy to see right through him if you just paid attention to his banter...lol. I took quite a bit of his stack. Nice kid though. :p

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thought this would fit in better in this forum. So I moved it. :p