Time for a break from it all.. Losing to luck to many times is getting to me

H

holly5199

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know how you feel thats for sure. try playing something else for awhile like omaha or stud it will get you out of the groove for awhile and your feel better when you go back.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a break is a good reason, done some more reading. Missed what I think is a few very important aspects. Also come across something valuable about the pocket 4's. I would still play them like I did cause I did read him perfectly as someone who plays anything. However I normally wouldn't do that. Yet now I probably wouldn't do it again after the few things I have read. Interesting what one can read and learn just from stepping back.

D

dbo69

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know how everyone here feels ive had a weekend of REALLY bad beats, most of them on the river. i hit the nuts this one hand on the flop and someone called my all in and they caught something on the river to beat me and i lost that $50 pot.

goldfinger1217

goldfinger1217

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree about pot limmit games just depends on your style of play . gump players do well with a limmit.

T

thecat35

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
patience

dont you dare give up,keep going the tables will turn.but you must be patient

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twizzy I think posting that whole hand was one of the neatist things.
How in the hell did you do that?
On the other note: I am also sick of sitting at a tourny table and 2 to 4 people go all-in with crap. Get up or get out is not a true poker players motto.:rolleyes:

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
twizzybop said:
Taking a break is a good reason, done some more reading. Missed what I think is a few very important aspects. Also come across something valuable about the pocket 4's. I would still play them like I did cause I did read him perfectly as someone who plays anything. However I normally wouldn't do that. Yet now I probably wouldn't do it again after the few things I have read. Interesting what one can read and learn just from stepping back.
Simply put pick your battles! No need to take an unnecessary risk when you know you will get more chances at him. :) :)

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL I finally got back on track for a good while there. Took some recent hits today..

But that last hit I couldn't stop laughing at all. Been playing low no limit .05/.10 tables to get my good play back up to what I call par. Like I said doing very good there but switched once to a limit table. I am BB with King, Jack suited, 2 guys call. I don't go on those tables with much anyway. Down to .30 from the $1.00 I put in. The flop shows 6,K,10 off suit.. I say why not and go all-in trying to double the small amount.
Both call me of course. Turn hits a Jack, I am sitting pretty now one would say. Well I lost to one guy holding JJ's. Now what are the odds of hitting 1 out? I couldn't stop laughing cause I have never ever seen someone hit the NUTS based apon 1 out. No there was nothing for a straight or a flush. Yet I said you probably didn't know it at the time but you had one out LOL.. you got lucky. Told him NH non-the-less but he didn't say ty as usuall with some people.

But seriously that is I think less than 1% to get that. The other guy held nothing, just trying to take my little amount of $$$ I had. Still trying not to laugh.. Never never have I seen that before :) well until now.

J

johndoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the longshot

be thankful for the longshot cause if it didn't come in their would be a lot fewer players and they would probobly play better. Of course when it happens it can be frustrating but you just have to look at the long term. I finally got the cards running well again after about 3 months of just getting horrible beats but hey thats poker and the odds work given enough time and trials

goldfinger1217

goldfinger1217

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Know the fealing and sypothise with you,but just like the other guy said in the long run those type of players will pay you of. You also might want to try comeing to the the table with more it is alot harder to call two or three dollar bet at that level with a over pair showing than to call your all in .

B

birdman2004

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
played in tournament yesterday had pocket aces went all in for almost 10,000 . big stack called with 10-3 off suit and caught both on flop. oh, well thats poker.

1Downboy

1Downboy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goldfinger your bad beat story happen to me as well. Exactly the same way, unbelieveable. On Ultimate Bet (or Ultimate Bad Beat). Mostly I get bad beats with flushes after being forced all in. I know the chance is there, but jeez!!! Whats wrose is having trips after actually getting to see the flop to lose to someone going with a K4 offsuited to hit a flush with the 4 to beat your trip Aces :mad: or having hit your trip Jacks to lose to someone going all in with 10 2 offsuit and hitting the flush:confused: I have also seen more than my share of pocket KK vs. pocket AA vs pocket AK all one hand every going all in preflop, so far I have been in the KK and the AK part of that debalce :eek: . but this story happen exactly the same way with me:

Now on to my bad beat of the day.I was playing tourny $5 rebuy.witch you all know how loose people play in those things anyway.the bet was 150 before flop I had A4 the flop came 2 3 5 all diferrent suits . giving me the nuts before the bet could get to me two people were already all inn.I call quickly and get to callers befind me . the hands r shown and there r poket pairs every where anyway the only caller who even paired the board has Ace 2 .the turn comes 2! and the river 5!Now thats a bad beat! can you feel my pain.

All of this in the past month and a half. hopefully I'm going to get some better luck when I have the strongest hand (at least to the river:( )