Super-users identified on Ultimate Bet

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update on the "NioNio" situation on ub

well for some time now some ppl have been very suspicious of this player, NioNio.Ultimatebet has just released a statement on what is going on so far
i think it is being handled much better than the way Absolute Poker scandle was being handled but we will see what is going to happen in the later stages

here is a link to an article about it Ultimatebet Makes Public Statement Regarding "NioNio" Allegations

here is a link to the statement released on 2+2 Statement from Ultimate Bet - Two Plus Two Forums

here is another thread on 2+2 where all the suspicion arose Suspicious Plays on UB 25/50 and 50/100 - Two Plus Two Forums

tell me what u think about it? it seems like it is something big is abrewing

Last edited by a moderator:
U

UFCcantstopme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very interesting

Yes, i have heard of things like this. People with scanners or some kind of device and can see the cards. They should be banned from poker for ever. It is not right cheating like this. Computer people cheating the system........hope they get some prison time and have to pay some major fines.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as i posted in the 2p2 thread, i look forward to the results of UB's year long exhaustive investigation into whether bears actually do poop in the woods.

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...another reason i stay away from those two....

F

fishfood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This seems to be popping up more and more lately. Quite frankly I have to wonder if there are more people out there that are just more intelligent than these guys on how to cheat properly. If I had a superuser account I would probably put myself on some losing streaks just to keep people from suspecting that I was cheating. If a player did this then they could continue to keep a steady income for an indefinate period of time with vitrually no suspision...especially if they stayed away from the high end games where very few players can afford to play. How much money do you think an intelligent cheater could make playing 5-10 limit hold em on any of the major sites if they just took 1 week out of every month or two and lost say....20% of their winnings for the previous time period back? I bet that a player who did that could pull 7 figures out of the game before anyone might catch them. Also...for the guy who said that these cheaters should go to jail...The official policy of the US federal government is that online poker is illegal so if they are going to put cheaters in jail then they are going to put the rest of us in jail as well. As far as banning these players from playing there is no possible way to do that. As soon as you ban a player then he can have a new "online identity" with a new bank account and be playing the very same day. We used to make fun of people who said online poker was rigged but now it seems that maybe not all of those people were crazy.:eek:

CrackaNACtion

CrackaNACtion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahh we all know that if phil hellmuth wrote a email hed be cussing out the superusers/Donkeys thats busting the best hands :) phil loves to cuss people out :)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again I will take a less paranoid position.

In the big scheme of things this is actually a good thing. I know it does not bode well for current online players, and legitimate concerns exist. But think 10 years down the line, when online gaming is more secure than the U.S. Military. It will be because these 'holes' were plugged in what we all have to realize are still the early days of online gaming.

It could spell the end of UB, or AP. I sort of doubt it. The folks with the most experience dealing with these problems are now at AP, and UB. I hope the companies, and personnel are not bottled up about the investigations, and remedies. Of course some specific actions should be bottled up, but the world is fairly comfortable with the notion of trade secrets. Generically speaking we the gaming public should be as informed as we absolutely can be.

I really don't doubt that in the not so distant future, similar problems will show up at most of the other sites.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
..... We used to make fun of people who said online poker was rigged but now it seems that maybe not all of those people were crazy.:eek:

Still not evidence of "rigged". Cheating?? Of course.

First time ever that cheaters in gambling are uncovered? Of course not.

Part of the post I didn't quote covered level of cheating. Top level cheaters are the ones being uncovered and details released - because it is "NEWS". Cheaters at all levels are being uncovered at most sites on a regular if not daily basis. "Collusion" and other forms of cheating just aren't "BIG news". Billion/million dollar armored car heists make the world news, not penny-ante shoplifting events.

If you are a serious gambler, you should know that cheaters are ALWAYS possible. It's the nature of cash gambling. Play smart, stay alert.

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will never be a guaranteed 100% secure, straight-up online anything, if humans are involved.
Take online poker for what it is. The best thing you could do is try and play where your least vulnerable. High stakes thus far in the online poker world doesn't seem to be a good place to find yourself.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh dear :(

Never did like the way UB cash games were played

Wow would love to hear what you didn't like about UB cash games. This post is kinda like reading a review of some powertool that says:
"This tool is a piece of crap" But then there is no justification for the comment.

I doubt this will hurt me at the low stakes I play lol.

But, Personally I like UB cash games. They have 10 seat tables so even if there are a few people sitting out, the blinds don't come around as fast as they do on pokerstars or FullTilt.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There has been a lot of discussion on this forum, here and elsewhere, about the relative merits of
blacklisting Absolute, and continuing to promoye Ultimatebet and schedule regular CC events there.

Wothout makong judgements on either side of the discussion, after giving the matter serious consideration, I'm currently out of Ultimatebet."What's sauce for thew goose", etc. Too bad really,too, I've always enjoyed playing there, and cashed in 2 of the last 3 CC money added events I played there. But, I'm out for now, my UB account contains 85 cents.

I'll be interested in the final results of their "extensive" investigation, and hope it doesn't get swept under the rug. I don't say I'll never go back, but I do say for now I'm sitting them out.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ why do u waste our time with this chit?

AlexeiVronsky

AlexeiVronsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I thought maybe there was some new info when the thread's just being hijacked for 'online poker=rigged' v 'online poker=no you just suck'

Speaking of Ultimatebet superuser, has there ever been any official explanation from UB that anyone's heard about, or are they just hoping this will go away if they pretend it never happened?

And PS, life's rigged, as so far everyone's failed at it and will continue to do so into the foreseeable future (at least until they figure out how to make backup copies of us.) Worry about that before you worry about whether poker's rigged.