Sunday Storm anniversary 1M guaranteed

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The overlay was paid out so what are you talking about?? I was in the tournament and I received exactly what I was supposed to get according to their Roll Forward tournament refund policy with a $1,000,000 prize pool. And I was paid out almost immediately including receiving an email which explained the payout I received.

And they didn't "cancel" it because they had an overlay, there was a technical issue of some kind....not every unfortunate event in this world is a conspiracy.

This outcome for Stars is probably the worst case scenario for them on every level...a large overlay, bad PR, angry customers complaining and I'm sure sending all kinds of negative feedback. Anyone who has ever had ANYTHING to do with running a business would know that cancelling this tournament was the worst possible outcome for them.

I've yet to see a single logical argument from anyone as to why they would cancel this tournament on purpose. Far too many conspiracy theorists out there that probably also think the Earth is flat and that Trump still won the 2020 election....get a grip...
So you think it was a "good" decision? ;) ok,then.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i cant believe that i read here and in other forums that people really think stars would cancel this tournament on purpose. do you guys know how bad this is for their business? they also gave back the rake of this tournament.

the only sites i can think of that would cancel a tournament because the guarantee is not reached are probably unregulated sites.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So you think it was a "good" decision? ;) ok,then.

As I said, I'm sure cancelling the tournament was the worst possible outcome for them. If they could have continued running the tournament, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that they probably would have.

I don't think what they had to do was "good" in any sense of the word. Their hand was probably forced otherwise why would they cancel it? I can't think of a single logical positive upside business reason for them doing so.

The only "good" out of the whole mess was that they paid out the entire $1M guarantee....something which they seemed entirely obligated to do.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This outcome for Stars is probably the worst case scenario for them on every level...a large overlay, bad PR, angry customers complaining and I'm sure sending all kinds of negative feedback. Anyone who has ever had ANYTHING to do with running a business would know that cancelling this tournament was the worst possible outcome for them.

I've yet to see a single logical argument from anyone as to why they would cancel this tournament on purpose. Far too many conspiracy theorists out there that probably also think the Earth is flat and that Trump still won the 2020 election....get a grip...

AMEN!!! :party:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I said, I'm sure cancelling the tournament was the worst possible outcome for them. If they could have continued running the tournament, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that they probably would have.

I don't think what they had to do was "good" in any sense of the word. Their hand was probably forced otherwise why would they cancel it? I can't think of a single logical positive upside business reason for them doing so.

The only "good" out of the whole mess was that they paid out the entire $1M guarantee....something which they seemed entirely obligated to do.
So you "agree" with my first post,that it was a bad decision,,, :deal: Pardon me if i'm abit confused,,,lol,,,i'm done wit dis,,,,GL :rolleyes:

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So you "agree" with my first post,that it was a bad decision,,, :deal: Pardon me if i'm abit confused,,,lol,,,i'm done wit dis,,,,GL :rolleyes:

No, that's not what I'm saying at all.

Your original post said this:

"Cancelling a tourney because of an overlay was a horrible decision,,,,they should be ashamed of themselves"

I don't agree with this statement because the tournament wasn't cancelled because it had an overlay. They paid out the overlay. There is no evidence whatsoever that the cancellation was due to anything other than some technical issue that occurred. If they cancelled it and didn't pay out the guarantee well then that would be a different story but that's not what happened. They paid out $1M to all of the remaining players left in the tournament when they decided it had to be stopped due to the technical problem that was causing the tournament to freeze-up for 30-40 minutes.

I'm of the belief that they had to cancel it even though that was the last thing they wanted to do. Their hand was forced - probably for reasons of fairness to all remaining players. It certainly was good for their business, that much is clear. This has to be a huge black spot on their record and reputation - something I'm sure they would have done all they could to avoid.

Anyway, it's too bad in the end but they paid out the guarantee according to their policy and that's all she wrote. Time to move on to something else to complain about like my CC league game loss today where my AQ < ATs when three diamonds hit the board to give the ATs a flush.... GRRRRRR

Til next week....

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
..... I've yet to see a single logical argument from anyone as to why they would cancel this tournament on purpose. Far too many conspiracy theorists out there that probably also think the Earth is flat and that Trump still won the 2020 election....get a grip...

Wait , so Earth isn't flat after all ????:hmmmm2:

:eek:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm of the belief that they had to cancel it even though that was the last thing they wanted to do. Their hand was forced - probably for reasons of fairness to all remaining players.

Exactly. People cant be expected to stick around forever to see, if an online tournament, that has frozen, will resume. And especially not when its only for 11$ and run late in the evening. The vast majority of people playing on pokerstars are from Europe, and Sunday Storm begin at 7 pm UK time, 8 pm Central European time and 10 pm Moscow time. Day 1 was scheduled to last for 7 hours plus breaks, so scheduled end time was around 2.30 am UK time, 3.30 am Central European time and 5.30 am Moscow time.

With a 30 minute freeze this was already extended to 3 am UK time, 4 am Central European time and 6 am Moscow time. At the time of cancellation it must have been around 11.30 pm UK time, 12.30 am Central European time and 2.30 am Moscow time. So completely fair to call it a day and allow players to get some sleep before having to go to work monday morning ;)

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
another tournament awaits us !

748b14322d9dbbe1aacc256d1398fac5.png

E

etouu1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not been able to qualify with the few pennies I had hahaha I hope a next opportunity to play it, successes to those who are still there today