Sunday Storm anniversary 1M guaranteed

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tonight at 8 pm CET pokerstars is celebrating the 10th anniversary of their 11$ Sunday Storm tournament. Normally the Sunday Storm has a 100k guaranty, but tonight its 1M. Usually I am not so much into these very large MTTs, but just for the experience of playing in an MTT with a 1M price pool, I might give this one a shot. For those who dont want to spend 11$, there are of course lots of satellites running throughout the day. Good luck to everyone :)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have a ticket for tonight but I don't think I will be able to play. gl!

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
See you there maybe, or most likely not with the massive field!! haha

Got my ticket along with a few other CC'ers in yesterdays freeroll!

GL GL

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
One more philanthropic event by PokerStars , if you have a look at the satellites running now , buyin sats , freerolls , 50 , 100 , 200 , 300 , 1000 , 9.902 (???!!!) seats , lol

Good luck everyone , score big :)

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One more philanthropic event by PokerStars , if you have a look at the satellites running now , buyin sats , freerolls , 50 , 100 , 200 , 300 , 1000 , 9.902 (???!!!) seats , lol

Good luck everyone , score big :)

game crushed with about 300k overlay. very, very suspicious...

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I wish a million to everyone who plays. and myself, too, I also play

IzzyMoreno

IzzyMoreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Qualified with a $0,11 satellite, got one hand which i folded. Then it was cancelled. Got $34$ back.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so they had to cancel the game due to "technical issue" all the tables were running good except sunday storm.
anyway with their refund policy i received $58.24 not bad considering that i came there without spending a cent. so i'm very happy and angry.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cancelling a tourney because of an overlay was a horrible decision,,,,they should be ashamed of themselves.

IzzyMoreno

IzzyMoreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cancelling a tourney because of an overlay was a horrible decision,,,,they should be ashamed of themselves.

According to their twitter account, the entire guarantee was paid out.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played super-tight, was in the prizes and won 100% of the hands at the showdown. But the next message popped up after a few hours of the game -
MicroMillions 36: $11 NLHE [Sunday Storm 10th Anniversary], $1M Gtd, $100K to 1st.
This tournament has been cancelled due to a technical issue, with prizes awarded in accordance with our tournament cancellation policy. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
game crushed with about 300k overlay. very, very suspicious...

Wait , the overlay is 300k ??

Only ????

Add 100k dollars from the 9.000 free entries freeroll , add 50k at least from the crazy sats with 1.000 , 600, etc seats also with overlays , so players how much really contributed to the prizepool is a mystery lol

and this last sec freeroll awarding 1000 seats with 1400 players only lol

They wanted players but no-one to play , NOT EVEN FOR FREE !!!

Now I see it is cancelled

So the first one was GTD 100k dollars , instead he takes 208 dollars , lol

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They had some problems

If there was a PS representative here I would told him .

The 9.000 seats freeroll awarded the winners not with Sunday Storm automatic registration , but with Tournament dollars lol so I guess many kept the TD and played again cheap sats or other games .....

One other strange , but I think this one applied in all tourneys , doesn't it ?? Although I had won a SS ticket , I was already registered in other sats but I wasn't unregister from them by PS. In such great events overlays might occur that way .This has to be fixed by PS ,

as long as the other thing : When you are allowed to re-enter 3 or 6 times , then if you win one more ticket from a sat or freeroll , PS must register you directly again to the same tourney if you have busted you first entry , as a re-entry , not give you T dollars , as it did to me .....

I do not understand why , despite the small buy in in comparison to the 1M GTD , there weren' t much more re-entries , when the max allowed was 6 !!! ???

Rediculous

I knew they would have overlays , in many other smaller events they also had

I cannot play sats for the MM events , they do not allow me , I guess if I am not the only one , I can understand the overlays in the other smaller events

And more to come

Way to go poker stars :rolleyes:

LOL

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sick, I so miss pokerstars. GL to any CCers playing in it ! TID

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, suspicious: PokerStars Micro $1M guarantee Sunday Anniversary tourney on July 18/21 with $350k overlay, I'm running well, and when they don't cancel the tourney after the late registration period is over, and then give you your money back according to their cancellation policy (technical issues they claim), when overlay is too big I guess. 4 hours wasted...not upset though.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It was not cancelled because of the overlay. It was cancelled because of technical problems, and the entire 1M guaranty was paid out in accordance with their cancellation policy. This is not the first time, an online tournament has had to be cancelled, neither will it be the last.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They wanted players but no-one to play , NOT EVEN FOR FREE !!!

Yeah it seems like, they have over stretched with this event and maybe even the entire series. Perhaps it was planned before the recent slump in player activity, and then they proceeded without calibrating the price guaranties. I qualified via a 2,2$ satellite, which also ran with an overlay. Was actually my first time ever to play a satellite on Stars, and it was mostly for fun, since I am fully bankrolled to buy in directly in 11$ MTTs. I busted after 2 hours and did not reenter, because I was simply to tired at that point. No point in torturing myself just to get 3$ worth of overlay :)

So the first one was GTD 100k dollars , instead he takes 208 dollars , lol

That is obviously, how it works, when a tournament is cancelled. Being the chipleader with many tousind players left does not mean, you are going to win, and his fair share of the price pool was only those 208 dollars.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The tournament lasted only 4 hours. I saw some forum participants in the prize table. Congratulations to everyone who also managed to take part and win.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes you wonder what’s going to happen with the $22 main event. If there was that much of an overlay in the $11 with all the tickets given away for that what is the $22 going to look like. I do have a ticket for that one. I’d be happy with a technical issue and get $50 back for nothing invested.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
One more philanthropic event by PokerStars ....

From the start I sensed what was going on .

Cancelling a tourney because of an overlay was a horrible decision

According to their twitter account, the entire guarantee was paid out.

It was not cancelled because of the overlay. It was cancelled because of technical problems, and the entire 1M guaranty was paid out in accordance with their cancellation policy.

It' good they gave away the whole 1M , some other poker rooms do not do it when game crushes .

But on the other hand , it seems to me , taking into consideration all facts (the rediculous huge number of free tickets , the cheap sats with huge number of tickets awarded , etc ) this tourney might have been a huge 1M event , so as to share this money to far too many players like a bankroll boost , like a big 1M freeroll , which they had in the past , it was a centroll of 1M dollars , lol , but now unfortunately many didn't get a free ticket but paid 11 dollars or more with re-entries , so it's unfair .

Who is going to withdraw only 50 or 100 dollars that most got , maybe reinvest them in other games is the most probable . This is what PS wants .

The only game that crashed . They had similar events in the past with far more entries and re-entries with no crushes , they have great software , max total number of players allowed in each game , good maintenance of their server and equipment , no excuses for crush yesterday that the total number of players in their room was smaller

Was almost the shortest stack when the tournament was canceled, + $ 34. Not bad.

Yeah , for sure very short stack players must feel happy for this , just imagine yesterday one with 50 chips or a chip and a chair lol , what a luck :)

Makes you wonder what’s going to happen with the $22 main event.

Or the WCOOP series in one month , if they also do not plan them carefully , Like they did not do with the MicroMillions series

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These types of punctual movements are very doubtful, dealing with the same repetitive problems. Whenever things start to "go well", these stories emerge. This tournament has been cancelled due to a financial issue technical issue.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for the overlay its almost certainly not something, that PokerStars wanted to happen. But that being said these big events do always have a promotional element to them. And for a player like me for instance, the money, they gave me back in the form of overlay in this tournament was only a fraction of, what I had paid in rake earlier in the day. And since PokerStars is kind of greedy with their rake for MTTs up to 16,5$, I think, they are going to survive giving a small amount back to players with an event like this ;)

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

The overlay was paid out so what are you talking about?? I was in the tournament and I received exactly what I was supposed to get according to their Roll Forward tournament refund policy with a $1,000,000 prize pool. And I was paid out almost immediately including receiving an email which explained the payout I received.

And they didn't "cancel" it because they had an overlay, there was a technical issue of some kind....not every unfortunate event in this world is a conspiracy.

This outcome for Stars is probably the worst case scenario for them on every level...a large overlay, bad PR, angry customers complaining and I'm sure sending all kinds of negative feedback. Anyone who has ever had ANYTHING to do with running a business would know that cancelling this tournament was the worst possible outcome for them.

I've yet to see a single logical argument from anyone as to why they would cancel this tournament on purpose. Far too many conspiracy theorists out there that probably also think the Earth is flat and that Trump still won the 2020 election....get a grip...