Sunday Million Christmas, $5,000,000 Guaranteed

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played it once before only, and that was without a satellite. I remember being surprised at the number of spewtards.

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just make sure and remember that the structure is the best , so you don't need to rush . Try and play your normal game that won you a seat . There will be fish just like every other tournament , it is your job to recognize the fish from the regs and be able to take advantage !

I am really jelly being an american and desperately missing pokerstars ! Enjoy it and best of luck !

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have qualified by satellite but still dont know if there sense to play that lottery for me. My average buy-in is 5.87$. But i see many posts that there a lot of weak players in that tournament

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone want to let me stay @ their house in montreal and play :)

Jealous! GL all

B

baklagan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main advice to you is to play as you always do and don't try to win money just play the poker and enjoy the game, if you start to think about money you will lose (that's always happened with me).
Good luck man!

V

vascoace09

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It obvious what I gone say , but care is never enought . dont go all in in the begin of Tournament

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just make sure and remember that the structure is the best , so you don't need to rush . Try and play your normal game that won you a seat . There will be fish just like every other tournament , it is your job to recognize the fish from the regs and be able to take advantage !

I am really jelly being an american and desperately missing pokerstars ! Enjoy it and best of luck !

Yeah sorry you can't play, I can't wait for USA to legalize it again, not trying to rub it in your face :p

Have qualified by satellite but still dont know if there sense to play that lottery for me. My average buy-in is 5.87$. But i see many posts that there a lot of weak players in that tournament

Play it, in the long run 215 wont make a difference to your roll, just add more cushion to your bankroll. Where as a deep run could be life changing.

The main advice to you is to play as you always do and don't try to win money just play the poker and enjoy the game, if you start to think about money you will lose (that's always happened with me).
Good luck man!

Thank you mate
It obvious what I gone say , but care is never enought . dont go all in in the begin of Tournament

Haha yeah unless I have AA :p even then I prefer small ball for tournaments

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Updated: Have unsubscribed from tournament, lost 50% of my roll and running 30 buy ins under EV. It was so bad I cashed out the other half of my roll and what was left of the profit and made a transfer for the tournament chips to real chips. Left with $250 in my account pure profit.

Deleted my Pokertracker data base, just looking at the swing made me want to vomit.

piney

piney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a huge piece of the pool and enjoy! Hope you take it down.

piney

piney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Updated: Have unsubscribed from tournament, lost 50% of my roll and running 30 buy ins under EV. It was so bad I cashed out the other half of my roll and what was left of the profit and made a transfer for the tournament chips to real chips. Left with $250 in my account pure profit.

Deleted my Pokertracker data base, just looking at the swing made me want to vomit.

Oh man sorry. I should of read the comments before posting. You can build it back;)

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back to 2nl haha, finally seeing a tiny profit for the first time in a week. Play is too bad for variance to matter haha.

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have only played 100mtts in your life why would you even condier playing this, its way out of your skill level

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meg who let you back in the house? And there's so much luck involved in a tournament even if you have a massive Edge all it takes is a worse hand to suck out and it's bye bye. Also means a fish (which you are implying I am) has a chance of at least min cashing which is a huge boost to my roll.

Just played the 0.55 lol and came 24th for a whopping $5.90 wish I'd managed to make the FT but my set of 9's were beat by a rivered straight.

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meg who let you back in the house? And there's so much luck involved in a tournament even if you have a massive Edge all it takes is a worse hand to suck out and it's bye bye. Also means a fish (which you are implying I am) has a chance of at least min cashing which is a huge boost to my roll.

Just played the 0.55 lol and came 24th for a whopping $5.90 wish I'd managed to make the FT but my set of 9's were beat by a rivered straight.

This might be true for a hyper yes you could luckbox a cash or a win but in this tourney with 15 min blind levels which means the pros have a bigger edge you have to actually play poker and play the tourney properly its not just a push fold game. So I think its's a very poor decision to play this as this tourney is hugely minus ev for your skill level. And yes I am implying you are most likely a fish in tournies because you have played so few and the tournament dynamic is very different to a cash game. And if min cashing is a big boost to your roll i presume the buy in for the tourney is a big boost aswell so I think you should take it and run. But it's your decision of course.

josipjosip

josipjosip

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i m still on satelite for 11 bucks with 1000 seats pay out with a ticket. I woud play weary tight and cheap hands at begining , try to win 3 or 4 k of chips and you have buble with it. i had 15k when was a sunday milion with 9m gtd and i did make it in buble with it so dont be a rusher and play it slow vith no all in option it is 20 min blind and you have 10 000 chips. REALY NO ALL IN ON AA

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i m still on satelite for 11 bucks with 1000 seats pay out with a ticket. I woud play weary tight and cheap hands at begining , try to win 3 or 4 k of chips and you have buble with it. i had 15k when was a sunday milion with 9m gtd and i did make it in buble with it so dont be a rusher and play it slow vith no all in option it is 20 min blind and you have 10 000 chips. REALY NO ALL IN ON AA

So if you opened with AA & someone else raised.. & another 4bet.... you're not going to do everything in your power to get your stack in preflop? (if you think it is possible). I'm not sure what else to think of this 'NO ALL IN ON AA'

& fwiw, the structure in the SUnday Million isn't super slow as some are suggesting. After the first couple hours the blinds begin to really escalte & then once the tourney is closing in on the final couple/few tables, effective stacks are all pretty short (compared with many of the other tournaments).

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing tight and aggressive not think that is a very professional tournament that many players say fish and recreational playing push or fold

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This might be true for a hyper yes you could luckbox a cash or a win but in this tourney with 15 min blind levels which means the pros have a bigger edge you have to actually play poker and play the tourney properly its not just a push fold game. So I think its's a very poor decision to play this as this tourney is hugely minus ev for your skill level. And yes I am implying you are most likely a fish in tournies because you have played so few and the tournament dynamic is very different to a cash game. And if min cashing is a big boost to your roll i presume the buy in for the tourney is a big boost aswell so I think you should take it and run. But it's your decision of course.

I appreciate the advice, and as you can see from my earlier posts I have opted to un register and take the cash. I swapped it from real $ with someone on this forum. For what it's worth I honestly think I could hold my own but I'm suffering a disgusting swing at the moment so really not feeling up to it as my confidence is at an all time low.

N

nayesebi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ended on first place sit and go 3,5$ with the ticket to a satelite for sunday billion as a prize. Wish me luck on that ! :D
Hopefully we will see each other at the tables .

Cheers !

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not playing, but good luck to all those of you that are.

arbahool

arbahool

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratioulans,i want that tourney badly but i vant afford it,i tried with some satelites but didnt manage to made it.You should play tight,like really tight(tihgter than ussual,if your kind of player who wants to see flop more pften),untill you reach payout...then play with more freedom and less stress,but ofcourse still be focused and concentraded

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just wait for one million GTD for smaller field.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just ended on first place sit and go 3,5$ with the ticket to a satelite for sunday billion as a prize. Wish me luck on that ! :D
Hopefully we will see each other at the tables .

Cheers !

Wow Sunday billion, now that'd be one sweet tournament