The Strangest Online Beat I Ever Had...

W

witl69

Rock Star
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Total posts
425
Well, I was playing in a tourney just awhile ago on poker royale and I had advanced to the final table. It got down to me and the chip leader and the little stack. We had played about 8 - 11 hands when I suddenly caught a giant pocket of kings. Well. when it got back to me( I was under the small blind) I made what I thought was a mrginal raise by betting the pot. Well, instantly the little stack ( he was under the big blind) goes all in. Move to the chip leader and he goes all in also, well I felt tension in my back immediately but couldn't lay the kings down so I called with what I had left. The cards flip over and there is my kings, followed by the little stack with pocket QQ and the chip leader in tow with JJ. My old man was standing behind me watching me play and his and my mouth both feel down simalutamously. Ok, here cokmes the flop 10 d, 10 s, 9 h... whew im still good.... the turn is a 7 s.... oh yeah.. im getting extremely excited now I mean what a rush right?...river flies out and its a Jh...omg I am still just in shock. I wonder sometimes if these online sites are rigged when I see hands like that....anyway I guess thats my bad beat story ...I was ranked as finishing 2nd even though me and the short stack both lost..I guess bcz my hand was stronger...what a weird hand to end a weird poker day lol
 
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Total posts
9,945
Awards
1
well thats not too bad but it happens, you got 2nd thought nice job, btw you got 2nd becuase you had more chips at the start of the hand not because your hand was better.
 
odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Joined
Apr 4, 2008
Total posts
1,054
Well 2nd is good, but for the ammount of poker that I play, that really isnt that bad of a beat. No what I mean to say is it isnt that rare for me to see that online. I was actually losing money with AA until rather recently.
 
P

paranoiabrad

Rising Star
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Total posts
6
I just hate it when you think you have a good hand but you get beaten by a hand that SHOULDVE been mucked.

Like me having fh 10's of A's (i had pocket a's), and someone had the 4th 10 holding a 10/7 off.

After monstrous preflop and betting raises, he should've folded.

That makes me mad.
 
SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Total posts
1,558
Thats a pretty rough hand but the reason you finished in 2nd place is because you started the hand with more chips not because your hand was stronger.
 
joos

joos

Rock Star
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Total posts
272
Happens in real life too. Go to the videos section. See AA vs KK vs QQ
 
W

witl69

Rock Star
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Total posts
425
thanx all for the replies and the congratulations now that I ahve had time to think about it I have took worse beatings also just kinda flew out of left feild for me , had been a actually pretty uneventful tourney for a change but hey.. what a way to end it ... hmm I got 2nd bcz I had more money well thats good to know for future reference thanx all again
 
I

iwudja

Guest
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Total posts
16
you would be surprised how often it happens
went all-in pre flop with ak off suit
get a caller also ak off suit
he hits 4 clubs
flush ace high
ouch huh?
 
crockofdoom

crockofdoom

Rock Star
Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Total posts
127
you would be surprised how often it happens
went all-in pre flop with ak off suit
get a caller also ak off suit
he hits 4 clubs
flush ace high
ouch huh?

I am so relieved,someone else gets this bad luck too,I thought it was only me this kinda stuff happened to :)
 
P

pjfromsc

Guest
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Total posts
20
I had AA in tourney and go up against AK suited for all the cash and he flops the flush on me. Crazy game that we all love isnt it?
 
K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Total posts
1,197

That's crazy!

To the OP, I was on BD the other day and got AA(me) v QQ v JJ... you guessed it, J on the river.

paranoiabrad - I hate that too. The other day I had A9o, flop 396 - pot bet, 1 caller, turn 10 - pot bet, called, river K - pot bet again, called by K4. Villain had absolutely nothing until the river where he trumped my 9. But I guess this is where everyone says we make our money... after we lose our money :D
 
blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Joined
May 16, 2006
Total posts
6,129
hate to break it to you but KK will lose that all-in about 1/3rd of the time, so it's hardly even out of the ordinary. 4 outs and 5 chances to hit any of them. there's only so many cards in a deck. that's poker
 
mbelsky

mbelsky

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Total posts
70
hate to break it to you but KK will lose that all-in about 1/3rd of the time, so it's hardly even out of the ordinary. 4 outs and 5 chances to hit any of them. there's only so many cards in a deck. that's poker

that is actually a very precise estimation. QQ will win 18.4% and JJ will win 14.62% (KK wins 66.59% - and they tie 0.39%) . So the odds of KK losing in this situation is 33.02%. almost exacly 1/3 as stated above. :D
 
blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Joined
May 16, 2006
Total posts
6,129
excellent, that guesstimation came off the top of my head too :)
 
Top