Serious But Fun Poker

K

kyle33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone know a site where i can play play money but seriously not people going all in every hand i know this is unlikley and help will be appreciated ty

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hard to find but the higher buy-in SNG's on pokerstars used to be pretty good, relatively speaking.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone know a site where i can play play money but seriously not people going all in every hand i know this is unlikley and help will be appreciated ty
For that, I'd recommend a PC video game with good AI (artificial intelligence). You'll never get "serious" & "play money" to coexist with any human being (no matter how some try to contend otherwise). I play "World Class Poker" (TJ Cloutier), "Poker Academy" ($30 version), and "DD Poker 2". They all seem to do well in acting like humans, learning my tendencies, etc. You'll never get exactly the same conditions as real money against humans, but these to me come close. Good luck.

K

kyle33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For that, I'd recommend a PC video game with good AI (artificial intelligence). You'll never get "serious" & "play money" to coexist with any human being (no matter how some try to contend otherwise). I play "World Class Poker" (TJ Cloutier), "Poker Academy" ($30 version), and "DD Poker 2". They all seem to do well in acting like humans, learning my tendencies, etc. You'll never get exactly the same conditions as real money against humans, but these to me come close. Good luck.
TY where do u buy these just in the local games shops?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just deposit the minimum (some sites let you deposit 20 bucks min or so) and play micro NL or something. The play is still bad, but it's a hundred times better than you'll see at any play money table.

Worst case scenario, try and find a site where they don't let you continually reload play money.

I consider 'video poker game with good AI' to be pretty much an oxymoron, too. :)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider 'video poker game with good AI' to be pretty much an oxymoron, too. :)
As opposed to play-money players, who could be described without the "oxy".

You gotta try the one of the video games I mentioned, DM. They aren't bad. Great for beginners or folks without a bankroll (I suspect the OP is one or the other). I use them to practice not tilting since they dole out the same bad beats as the real thing. Also, TJ's game has Omaha & Stud, which I am trying to learn without maniacs at the table.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As opposed to play-money players, who could be described without the "oxy".

+rep for a laugh I needed.

...and I've already paid about $200 to play poker over the last few days - damned if I'm paying any more!

K

kyle33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
whatone would you say is the best

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts